Did a smartphone explode in CeeLo Green's face? (UPDATE)
UPDATE: CeeLo Green is perfectly fine. The singer announced early this morning that the video was a small clip shot for a new project that he is working on. The singer/songwriter said that he was upset that many were concerned about his health, but now we can all breathe a sigh of relief and move on with our lives.
Former Voice judge and "Forget You" singer CeeLo Green might have been caught on video taking a call on his smartphone when the unit all of a sudden exploded in his face. Or did it? There are plenty of people around the globe who believe that the video, which was shot inside the control room of a recording studio, is a fake and was done to promote an upcoming new album.
The video shows Green in his chair with the handset in his right hand, pressed against his right ear. Just before the 'explosion,' there is a small amount of smoke that emanates from the phone, followed by a flash and an explosion that leaves the singer/songwriter prone on the floor. While a few dubious 'media' sites are calling the phone a Samsung Galaxy Note 7, the truth is that we really don't know what model phone was on the video.
Normally, this would be written off as a staged event. But with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 taken off the market earlier this year after several units exploded, the possibility that the video is real cannot be so easily discounted. Any kind of problem with the battery inside a smartphone can result in an explosion, and just the other day we told you that an Apple iPhone 6s had exploded right after the battery was being charged up.
We will leave it to you to decide what you believe. The video of the event can be found at the top of the story. The pertinent part of the video starts at around the 26 second mark.
Thanks for the tip!
source: YouTube, CNN