Activision details Call of Duty: Mobile's new Zombies mode, controller support
In a blog post made public today, Activision highlights some of the most important changes included in the November update for Call of Duty: Mobile. If you plan to play the new zombie mode, you should know that it will only unlock after hitting level 5.
- A session of zombies can be played alone or with up to three other players
- You and your teammates will begin a game with only a pistol and a knife. These will be used to protect you against the hordes of undead creatures.
- After taking damage, your character will regenerate health if they do not take any more damage for five seconds.
- The roaming undead can appear through windows, which can be boarded up to hinder their progress. Standing near a window will board it up automatically.
- Boarding windows and killing zombies are the two primary ways of earning points, which can be used for various benefits.
Along with the Classic Mode, Call of Duty: Mobile Zombies also has a Raid Mode, where players must complete a set number of waves until they face a final boss. Raids can be played on two difficulty settings: Normal (8 rounds) and Heroic (12 rounds).
Keep in mind that controllers will only work during a match, which means that if you're in a lobby or in-game menu like changing loadout, you will have to use the phone's native controls. More importantly, players will be matched with other players also using a controller. To connect your supported controller to Call of Duty: Mobile, follow the step-by-step guide provided by developers.