Apple iPhone 7 Plus passes Sprint diagnostic test, and then explodes the next morning68
The next morning, Brianna's boyfriend took the phone off of the official Apple charger and put it on the dresser. After answering nature's call, he noticed out of the corner of his eye that the phone was smoking. He picked it up and tossed it into the bathroom, where it exploded.
Apple has replaced the phone, and a company spokesman said that "We are in touch with the customer and looking into it." An Apple Store Genius reportedly told Olivas after examining the device, that he had never seen anything like it.
Olivas says that she always uses an official Apple charger. If she is being truthful, that would eliminate one major possibility since third party chargers can be a hazard.
Apple might not have an answer about how this started for a few weeks, if not months. As soon as we hear something from Cupertino, we will pass it along to you.
source: @briannaolivas via Mashable