Apple iPhone 5C outsells the Galaxy S4 in India?
According to several somewhat trustworthy sources, the sales of the iPhone 5C in India have recently improved a lot as Apple introduced the guaranteed-to-work buyback strategy. Customers could bring in their smartphone and benefit from a discount of up to $208 on the purchase of their iPhone 5C. Apparently, this well-thought strategy was successful and the demand for the 'budget' 5C has grown, which allegedly led to a triple increase in its sales.
Moreover, according to the same sources, Samsung's current flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S4, has staled and its sales are not going so well. If Apple's plan to increase the sales of the iPhone 5C in India continues to be this successful, we might expect the buyback strategy implemented in other emerging markets as well.
"Samsung Electronics banks on its display and compatibility, while Apple believes in quality and not quantity," says Rajesh Kumar, a manager at a multi-brand electronic store. "This month we had 10 units of both Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5C. Surprisingly, I have no iPhone 5C or iPhone 5S left, while there are three Galaxy S4 smartphones still available."
source: The Indian Express via UnwiredView
- Display 4.0" 640 x 1136 pixels
- Camera 8 MP / 1.2 MP front
- Processor Apple A6, Dual-core, 1300 MHz
- Storage 32 GB
- Battery 1507 mAh(10h 3G talk time)
- Display 5.0" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 13 MP / 2 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 600, Quad-core, 1900 MHz
- Storage 64 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2600 mAh(17h 3G talk time)
Posts: 140; Member since: Aug 01, 2013
posted on Nov 26, 2013, 9:44 AM 19
Posts: 31280; Member since: Feb 05, 2011
posted on Nov 26, 2013, 10:04 AM 18
Posts: 1656; Member since: Jun 06, 2010
posted on Nov 26, 2013, 11:30 AM 9
Posts: 381; Member since: Nov 07, 2013
posted on Nov 26, 2013, 10:25 AM 3
Posts: 4063; Member since: Jul 23, 2013
posted on Nov 26, 2013, 10:34 AM 0
Posts: 24; Member since: Feb 27, 2013
posted on Nov 26, 2013, 10:42 AM 10
Posts: 225; Member since: Oct 10, 2013
posted on Nov 26, 2013, 11:15 AM 1
Posts: 1654; Member since: Jul 10, 2013
posted on Nov 26, 2013, 12:39 PM 1
Posts: 309; Member since: Sep 08, 2012
posted on Nov 26, 2013, 10:07 AM 18
Posts: 21; Member since: Mar 29, 2013
posted on Nov 26, 2013, 10:20 AM 1
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):