Apple iPhone 4S explodes on bedside table in Croatia
posted by Maxwell R. / Sep 07, 2013, 4:14 PM
In this case, we do not know for certain if Ljubica Maric, 28, of Zagreb, Croatia, was using the iPhone charger that came with her iPhone 4S. It is apparent though that something was definitely not working 100% this past weekend as her device was on the bedside table charging.
Like most of us, Ljubica charges her phone overnight while sleeping. Her husband and kidswere asleep and the phone rang. She did not awake in time to answer on the first ring. As she was up and about to grab the phone on the second ring, something on the device exploded. The speaker blew out, the glass on the device cracked, and even though the device was in a case, pieces of debris scattered on the table and floor.
The phone still worked though and there were no apparent signs of burning at the electrical outlet. The charger did not appear to be damaged either. Ljubica and her husband Zoran sought a repair under warranty, but the service would only provide a free diagnostic and asked for 1,600 Croatian Kuna ($277) for the repair.
Zoran was less worried about the cost of the repair and more concerned about whether such an incident might happen again, except maybe one of his sons being near the device if it did happen.
This is not the first time we have seen an iPhone explode, or any other device for that matter. In many cases, it has been traced to either a third party battery, or a third party charger. Other circumstances can play a role as well, such as an unstable power supply. In this particular case, we do not have enough information to reach a conclusion either way.
source: 24sata (translated)
Posts: 2277; Member since: Sep 21, 2012
Sad. Almost died.
posted on Sep 07, 2013, 4:18 PM 7
Posts: 63; Member since: May 22, 2013
u call this explode "The phone still worked though and there were no apparent signs of burning at the electrical outlet.: then wat should i call the galaxy phones? nuclear blast?
posted on Sep 08, 2013, 1:16 AM 1
Posts: 2155; Member since: Oct 29, 2012
mmmm I'd explode inside there too...
posted on Sep 07, 2013, 4:18 PM 6
Posts: 100; Member since: Jan 11, 2012
Comment on this post from iPhone 4S while charging it. Fingers crossed :P
posted on Sep 07, 2013, 4:23 PM 1
Posts: 66; Member since: Apr 21, 2013
I am beginning to sense that something is wrong somewhere: could it be people against Apples that are trying to give them a bad image and execute them with a one sided public opinion or is it Apples. Until I hear a news like this from Americans themselves.
posted on Sep 07, 2013, 4:50 PM 4
Posts: 5676; Member since: Feb 10, 2013
The same could be said for the Galaxy S 4 exploding in Hong Kong, Galaxy S 3 in Switzerland and HTC One X in Taiwan Who knows if the phone exploded spontaneously or if the owners deliberately made then explode
posted on Sep 07, 2013, 6:27 PM 0
Posts: 100; Member since: Jan 11, 2012
It's a new feature by apple called Ibomb It's a way to tell the customer that upgrade. They remotely control these activities. Joke
posted on Sep 07, 2013, 4:27 PM 17
Posts: 215; Member since: Aug 08, 2012
The phone itself is the problem. Even if the charger was a POS North Korean knockoff, the phone should be able to regulate when the battery charges and not charges and the voltage flowing into the battery.
posted on Sep 07, 2013, 4:28 PM 0
Posts: 12; Member since: Jun 14, 2013
if im not mistaken the second picture is actually a iphone 3g/3gs dissasembled
posted on Sep 07, 2013, 4:39 PM 1
Posts: 264; Member since: Aug 28, 2013
Introducing the new iBomb Will automatically make you spend more money to buy a new phone By the way , nice thumbnail of this article
posted on Sep 07, 2013, 5:03 PM 1
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):