Video shows that Google is prepping new colors for the Nexus 5
The tipster didn't leave us much information, except for the video, which appears to show someone clicking on all of the possible color choices. Note how the image of the phone changes with each color option, showing the Nexus 5 wearing each different color. Unfortunately, we have no idea when the new colors are going to be available. Currently, Nexus 5 buyers can choose between a black or white version of the phone.
As usual, keep a skeptical mind about this until we actually see the new colors made official.
New color choices coming to the Nexus 5
1. donphone (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)
Would be nice if I could play the video with my nexus 5 :/
2. Doakie (Posts: 1173; Member since: 06 May 2009)
LOL. I was just retrying over and over on my Moto G.
4. fay99 (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Simply look for the cracked flash from xda, watch it on dolphin (yes! With your nexus 5)
24. akki20892 (Posts: 3301; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
bought white one and google doing colorful damn it.........too late for choosing colors.
3. camera531 (Posts: 128; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
It'd be much better if they'd calibrate the screen properly so it isn't a washed out mess. The Nexus 4 was just as bad. Why can't google get this right!?
5. Teja171 (unregistered)
They dont provide amoled kind of displays for $350 smartphone.
6. Bioload25 (Posts: 192; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Actually nexus 5's display is much better and vibrant than the 4's but it's not enough
they dont need to use amoled screens to get it right (see HTC One)
10. Teja171 (unregistered)
I think HTC One has the best display out there.
7. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 128; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
i have heard nothing but good things about the nexus 5 screen its color temp. is around neutral a little on the cool side if i remember and the color calibration is excellent.
20. NexusPhan (Posts: 392; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
You would be correct on the display
"The Nexus 5 seems to have done the same, and wowed me with the best GMB color checker Delta-Es we’ve seen from any Android handset."
8. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 357; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
It is the most accurate display on an Android, what do you want? An oversaturated display? Guess which phone has that!
11. Teja171 (unregistered)
Amoled one's aren't oversaturated. It was Samsung, who made it look like that. Remember the HTC One S, it had a amoled display, but never was oversaturated,
25. geodude074 (Posts: 67; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
You must be joking. The Nexus 5 has one of the most well calibrated and accurate displays out there.
15. joseram695 (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 May 2012)
I wish the front of the phone was not allways black, id love a all white nexus 5!!!!
16. AfterShock (Posts: 2534; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I like the blue one, might have took that over black if the choice was available when I got mine.
17. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 589; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Love the purple and orange one, especially the latter would go great with my homescreen. Is it me, or does his mouse button make a lot of noise.
18. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 324; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Didn't somebody do some really simply color editing and make the Nexus 5 appear in a bunch of colors already? That's what this looks like...
19. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 589; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
It does look a bit photoshopped indeed
21. Hatshipuh (Posts: 20; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Most likely a fake.
When you go to the Play Store and switch between the Black and White color devices, there is always a little animation showing, which is totally lacking in the video.
23. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Come on PA this is like an obvious fake.. Should do some research before writing an article, saying it's an exclusive etc.. Not the 1st time this site has jumped the gun just to be 1st etc
26. evarod48 (Posts: 137; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
how stupid are you PA this has already been proven fake earlier this week.
27. VeronicaLovesHerNexus (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jan 2014)
I really want the Green one...even if it isn't true...Google will step up and realize that this is a great idea:)
28. vedraj (Posts: 28; Member since: 04 Oct 2013)
it's nice but, where is the RED colour option???