Video shows realistic mock-up of Apple iPhone 5
Apple Insider questioned the validity of the model in the video noting that the reflections on the screen of the device are those usually found from a synthetic material and not from a screen using Gorilla Glass. More telling, the model number on the handset "Model NO. A1303," had already been used by Apple for the Apple iPhone 3GS and the FCC ID of "BCGA1303A" was the FCC ID for the Apple iPhone 3GS.
While the device in the video isn't the real thing, it certainly is a nice looking mock-up that gives us a good idea of what to expect in Tim Cooks hands during Apple's September 12th event.
source: GSMIsrael (translated) via AppleInsider
1. Pings (Posts: 301; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Do you see the innovation in those rounded corners?
9. hamoon (Posts: 15; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
18. aaronkatrini (Posts: 239; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
yes, but everything designed by apple engeniers!
20. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4144; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
... Or is it? *insert dramatic music here*
27. picka_vi_materina (Posts: 166; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
How is it designed by Apple engineers? All those parts are designed and built by other companies. Apple only decides what goes in and designs the box and OS. That's it, there is not even one Apple internal.
34. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Apple usually has a big part in a lot of the parts that go in them. Yes they are ultimly designed by other company's but apple well atliest it's true when jobs was around would accept or reject design of parts and also helped design how they would look and opperate
71. monkeytown (Posts: 108; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
oh, just the box and OS.
lol u certainly know that the OS is what makes apple ?
29. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Its Engineers .. And if thats the best these supposedly best engineers can make, then Apple is in MAJOR trouble. No wonder all the litigation around the world.
52. MeoCao (unregistered)
...and American iPhone worshipers? (mostly) LOL
65. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
All NOT made by apple.. except the processor..
don't apple get bored by all its product name? i i i i i i i i ... next? what? the iCar?!
74. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Processor made by Samsung .. Exynos 4 Quad 0_o
60. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
apple is going to sue itself design is same :D
67. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6874; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
NOPE All I'm going to see is this guy going to get his house raided by the FAKE APPLE POLICE. and soon Apple will say NO ONE CAN'T have a 4" screen. still looks like the same ol P.O.S. iPhone
70. monkeytown (Posts: 108; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
why should the game leader change something on his winning concept?
73. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Same ol bait used to lure the same ol fish/sheep.
2. vodinets (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Its getting old to hear android fans saying crap about upcoming IPhone 5. Can we just wait with comments until the device comes out in couple of weeks.
6. tedkord (Posts: 5897; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not nearly as old as hearing Apple claim to have invented everything the modern mobile phone is, like basic geometric shapes, grids of icons, centered touchscreen, etc...
13. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
go protest in front of an apple store or get over it…
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
He has right to comment so use your own advice, stop crying and get over it...
26. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
oh okay so i dont have the right to comment then?
I dont want start this comment war, but the basic point is that we all have heard how apple is horrible in every single article… we get it..
36. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
The difference is your trolling if your comments are nothing more than name calling and are not a counter opinion. A good comment would be to say (I don't agree that what I am about to say is right but I am just giving a example) aple has the right to defend there pattents and even though your right they did not invent thos claims they were the only company to apply for and get a pattent for those ideas. Even though the pattents are to me bullsh** pattents they do have them and have the right and should protect them.
45. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
crying about others crying about crying.
lol. so much hostility over, what... a MOCK iPhone lol
23. nicholassss (Posts: 359; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I would but it might hurt my chances of working there.
24. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Infiltration into enemy ranks? (bandit)
57. nicholassss (Posts: 359; Member since: 10 May 2012)
silly patents or not i hear its a great place to work and they make prettty great computers.
15. hamoon (Posts: 15; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
May be you can wait 1 year for a icrap!
don't say we just wait! you just wait
38. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Exactly, of you think that we should wait to coment on apple iPhone untill it comes out than you don't understand the meaning of debating about the rumors and what the phone should and should not be like among other things. This site is not just about reporting on facts of the industry it has a lot more to do with rumors and speculation of future products because well I think that is more entertaining. And the coment sections are there to well coment about those rumors and also debate other coments. And besides the trolls that can ruin an entire comment section, it is what I like to do in my spare time. I am really in to this industry so no I will not wait to comment sir.
68. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6874; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
THE iPhone STILL LOOKS THE SAME. it will sell bout 300,000-500,000 units in it's first week unless it doesn't beats it's old record due to the stupid trial of theirs
17. JessJess (unregistered)
As soon as an Apple related news article is posted, floods of trolls start banging on about rectangles and patents -nothing to do with the article in question. Just scroll down here and read....
But then again I don't think PA care tbh, as long as they get the traffic. Happy trolls are win-win for them.
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Your current comment also don't have anything related with current article. :P Mua! Mua! :)**** :D
30. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
thank you… pa has little to none intellectual comments aymore on anything with an apple in the title…
39. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Please explain how that is true. Yes I think you have to skip over the trolls and noobs to get any thing worth heavy thinking but it's still there
49. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
okay lets take a look at this article… I am going to list the comments as 1= the first indented comment and 2= the next indented comment
1= snide remark about apple
2= complaining about android fans
3= apple hatred
4= snide remarks about apple
5= more anti-apple talk that 1. isnt true, and 2. has nothing to do with the mockup
6= AN ACTUAL COMMENT (no discussion though sadly since it is so far down)
7= apple hatred
8= apple annoyance
9= snide remarks
11= snide remark
13= apple hate
14= apple hate
So ur telling me 1/15 posts is worth something?
How is anybody supposed to get a good discussion about the mockup through 14 bad discussion leaders?
3. Angkor (Posts: 108; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I hate Apple banned Samsung Galaxy, be a fair player don't ban anyone and be a competitive and innovative company. Apple is a very weak company in innovative and productive by banned other phone makers is very outragous actions.
32. amish1512 (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
exactly be a fair player not a copycat and looser
37. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You can't even spell loser correctly.. Oh my, that's an ifan!
40. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Get over your self sir this is a coment section with most people using there small phone keyboards to type. It's all about the point of the comment and if you get it. The hardest errors in these coments is the placement of periods and commas, because that can change the whole meaning of a coment by changing the location or adding those
4. tedkord (Posts: 5897; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Here is another realistic mock up of the iPhone 5
25. andro. (Posts: 1975; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I was trying to remember the name of that phone for days! This phone was a mere experiment gone wrong for LG but was interesting back in those days. Apple cloning its design now is not a good idea however!
50. tedkord (Posts: 5897; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Apparently the LG well didn't run dry after the Prada.
5. MelvinPainter (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
You do know that slave labor made those iphones and pads. Where is the outcry for this horrible business practice? I can't wait for the Galaxy Note 2.
10. tedkord (Posts: 5897; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Slave labor doesn't get paid and didn't have the choice to work there. Poor working conditions, sure. And Apple are not nearly the only company that uses them.
The good news is, by publicly shaming Apple, we've managed to get the conditions and pay improved some. Tim Cook has at least some conscience, unlike his predecessor. I just wish we could shame him into moving the jobs back to the USA.
12. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I dont like apple but, lets be honest here...
you do realize that every company out there has the same labor practices, just that apple is under the spotlight for making so much money right now, where as other companies offer less benefits and worse working conditions.
14. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
oh okay so you will admonish apple for slave labor, which has never been found, but samsung is okay although they use child labor?
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57488780-93/samsu ng-under-fire-by-watchdog-group-for-using-child-la bor/
neither company is probably in the right, but samsung is no better than apple in this respect..
42. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Very good point but take a look at this story it has nothing to do with that. There should be an entire artical and I am sure there is, that you can debate this
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4144; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
These leaks have been consistent, so it's safe to say this is the new iPhone... Just looks kind of odd, so tall and narrow... Wish Apple would have gone with 4.3" and made it a bit wider as well. Something better be killer with the software, because the hardware seems very lackluster. And they better not pull something like Siri again; put something in that seems like a good idea, then it gets out-done by another thing in a few months (Google Now). Looking forward to the announcement, don't disappoint Apple.
11. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
apple didn't really gain anything yet with litigation. maybe some delays or temporary injumctions.
apple should just stop. they should put all their litigation money into innovation. and then they can make something as awesome as the first iphone
I want to like apple. I loved their products and i still love some of them(macbook pro :) retina display)
apple just f**ckin stop. you ain't going anywhere. sue someone when they really copy you(like xiaomi)
69. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6874; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Apple haven't change their designs since the iphone 4. only have 4" everything else still the same
19. Djillest (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Why the f**k do they keep posting IPhone 5 pics???? IT LOOKS THE SAME!!!! Only a little bigger...
43. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Because every body is drooling over anything apple related that can be found on the net no matter how little of difference in substance that's changes in the artical
22. champ_vl (Posts: 44; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
You can see by the reflections this is NOT the real iPhone itself but I think a very accurate mock-up.
Well...the only real difference I see is the 4" screen but I'm sure the people from Apple will prove that I am stupid and that it holds over 1000's of INNOVATIVE and UNIQUE features and blah blah.
Have you hipsters prepared your money and tents to wait in front of Apple Stores in September??
33. Angkor (Posts: 108; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
iPhone lovers are willing to wait in a shelter for a new iPhone and get fire from their job and it is going to be a permanent shelter in front of Best Buy or Apple Store.
35. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I am looking forward to the next iphone - I am sure it look vastly different than the last phone, as it always does.