TI OMAP 5 reference platform packs a graphical punch
1. aaronkatrini posted on 18 Jun 2012, 05:27 9 1
We don't want it in our cars. We want it in our smarphones. And we want it Now!!
7. thelegend6657 posted on 18 Jun 2012, 07:39 0 1
Why not ?
Hope it powered the next BMW iDrive as this one although better than the last still isnt really snappy enough for me and visual effects like HTC Sense should be nice
16. aaronkatrini posted on 18 Jun 2012, 12:12 0 0
I see you want to get naughty on the car mr.horny :P
3. hung2900 posted on 18 Jun 2012, 05:58 4 1
I expect to see how true dual Cortex A15 outperforms dual core Krait of Snapdragon S4 and proves that Krait architechture is not "similar to Cortex A15"
4. AbhiD posted on 18 Jun 2012, 06:33 0 2
At that time quad core KRAIT would be in many devices beating the heck out of dual core OMAP 5.
P.S - u r right abt the fact that cotex A15 is better than KRAIT
8. remixfa posted on 18 Jun 2012, 08:46 2 0
KRAIT is having manufacturing problems like crazy, and now you have Apple taking a large chunk of the 28nm development for their LTE Chips. HTC is already switching krait out for older S3 chips just to keep selling phones.
Krait is all but dead in the water for many devices other than the American SGS3. If other chips could do american LTE, krait would be dead already.
11. ahhxd717 posted on 18 Jun 2012, 09:22 2 3
Wow, you really hate Qualcomm lol
15. remixfa posted on 18 Jun 2012, 11:50 2 0
calling the play on the field is not "hating" anyone.. its simply calling the play on the field.
12. ngo2dd posted on 18 Jun 2012, 11:28 1 1
The TI OMAP5 will have the same problem because it is base on the 28 nm. You are pretty fun how you say it dead in the water when all the 28 nm will have the problem. TI use TSMC too, so the shortage will be for all chips base on the 28 nm
14. remixfa posted on 18 Jun 2012, 11:50 2 1
that may or may not end up being true. They have had enough time though, that they might have found another foundry. we will find out shortly.
18. ngo2dd posted on 18 Jun 2012, 14:14 0 0
TSMC is the only one that is using 28 nm beside intel but we all know Intel is not cheap.
5. AbhiD posted on 18 Jun 2012, 06:39 3 0
The problem with TI is that they are just too slow to bring processors to the market...
19. KingKurogiii posted on 18 Jun 2012, 16:11 0 1
it's better for them to do it right then to be in a big rush like Qualcomm.
6. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 18 Jun 2012, 06:57 3 1
Hope this comes out sooner than later but S4 might become crapdragon far sooner than I expected.
13. ngo2dd posted on 18 Jun 2012, 11:28 1 1
If you say so, by that time a quad core S4 will be out.
9. remixfa posted on 18 Jun 2012, 08:46 1 0
cant wait to see how this goes. They need to start dropping phones with omap NOW :)
17. KingKurogiii posted on 18 Jun 2012, 12:54 1 1
hopefully, i'd wait a few more months for an OMAP5 powered HD instead of the S4 powered one that's supposedly coming pretty soon.