TI OMAP 5 reference platform packs a graphical punch
1. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
We don't want it in our cars. We want it in our smarphones. And we want it Now!!
7. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Why not ?
Hope it powered the next BMW iDrive as this one although better than the last still isnt really snappy enough for me and visual effects like HTC Sense should be nice
16. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
I see you want to get naughty on the car mr.horny :P
3. hung2900 (Posts: 888; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I expect to see how true dual Cortex A15 outperforms dual core Krait of Snapdragon S4 and proves that Krait architechture is not "similar to Cortex A15"
4. AbhiD (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
At that time quad core KRAIT would be in many devices beating the heck out of dual core OMAP 5.
P.S - u r right abt the fact that cotex A15 is better than KRAIT
8. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
KRAIT is having manufacturing problems like crazy, and now you have Apple taking a large chunk of the 28nm development for their LTE Chips. HTC is already switching krait out for older S3 chips just to keep selling phones.
Krait is all but dead in the water for many devices other than the American SGS3. If other chips could do american LTE, krait would be dead already.
15. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
calling the play on the field is not "hating" anyone.. its simply calling the play on the field.
12. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
The TI OMAP5 will have the same problem because it is base on the 28 nm. You are pretty fun how you say it dead in the water when all the 28 nm will have the problem. TI use TSMC too, so the shortage will be for all chips base on the 28 nm
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that may or may not end up being true. They have had enough time though, that they might have found another foundry. we will find out shortly.
18. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
TSMC is the only one that is using 28 nm beside intel but we all know Intel is not cheap.
5. AbhiD (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
The problem with TI is that they are just too slow to bring processors to the market...
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's better for them to do it right then to be in a big rush like Qualcomm.
6. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3074; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Hope this comes out sooner than later but S4 might become crapdragon far sooner than I expected.
13. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
If you say so, by that time a quad core S4 will be out.
9. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
cant wait to see how this goes. They need to start dropping phones with omap NOW :)
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5688; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
hopefully, i'd wait a few more months for an OMAP5 powered HD instead of the S4 powered one that's supposedly coming pretty soon.