Sony's Xperia Z4 is only for Japan, company said to unveil another flagship device for the rest of the world at the end of May
19. AnTuTu (Posts: 1578; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
haha true that. Another beast will be unleashed from Samsung :)
25. Pogma9 (Posts: 34; Member since: 19 Apr 2015)
Sony will crush everyone with the z5, also, to some, the z3/4 are far superior to s6 by virtue of slicker UI and sd card/water proofing etc.
60. techperson211 (Posts: 1169; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Typical PA article about Sony all the negative stuff. What's the difference between iphone 5s and 6plus? The screen resolution? Camera at 8mp for 4 gen? A not so good battery life? And wait overpriced ipod touch that can launch apps 1 a time. How about samsung? Qhd? Removing sd slot and interchangeable battery? So what's the hype about Z4? Considering it will be sold exclusively in Japan.
46. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I think Z3/4 only crush S6 underwater beside that it's really person preference. I still rock my Z2 everyday and I support the water proof feature 100%. For the people who doesn't think it's a useful feature, that is just because you have never used it. It's not necessary but it is truly added luxury.
54. phichart (Posts: 246; Member since: 03 May 2014)
I have both Z3 and note 4 but note 4 is far far far better than Z3... note 4 is much more smooth and lol.. I don't compare camera... coz z3's camera is not where near note 4
35. sunjay140 (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Mar 2015)
You mean another turd with laggy Touchjiz.
42. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Where have you been lately?
Laggy touchwiz? Are you still looking at the galaxy s5 And the Note 3?
Lame low light performance? I guess you are really still at the old times
59. sunjay140 (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Mar 2015)
Yes, i'm looking at the S6 and Note 4.
Yes, lame low light i(DOT)ytimg(DOT)com/vi/keI1yIaZYKo/0(DOT)jpg
2. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1146; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
"The Sony Xperia Z4 is official. And it's largely identical to the Sony Xperia Z3. Which was identical to the Xperia Z2. Which was a slight change over the original Xperia Z"
lol, i guess we should wait for the Z5, if sony mobile division survives that long.
36. sunjay140 (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Mar 2015)
You must be a tool. The Z3 has a redesigned speaker grill and a curvier edges for improved ergonomics.
3. Googlethis (Posts: 179; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Ok let's hope it's one well built phone with top notch specs and the newest os.
4. Af1rPA (Posts: 672; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
It's probably for the best anyways. This Z4 would not have sold well. The selfie cam would have been good on the Z3. Sony late to the party.
5. vuyonc (Posts: 987; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Lol too much drama for one PA reading session. I expect no compromises for this phone whatsoever. No mediocre real world battery life and lack of MicroSD card slot (Galaxy GS6), no severe thermal throttling (One M9) and no lag (G Flex 2). And a new camera sensor and ISP, darn it!
48. rotkiv3451 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Jan 2015)
That's the problem. It has the exact same camera sensor as the Z3.
6. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 335; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Good to hear his!. Hope they will change the design as well as the camera
8. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
That's right! I knew it! I knew this wasn't it, because there's no Z4 on their Youtube channel and their global website. Please give us a flagship that's different than your so-called "Z4" that's only for Japan. I hope there will be no Z3 Neo, just give us a great flagship with WOW.
New camera, new design, new features. Come on, Sony!
31. j2001m (Posts: 2789; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Ha, yes the change will be a 5mp front cam
9. Arthurhkt (Posts: 440; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I highly doubt that Sony will do any changes to their global "Flagship" devices compare to Z4, it maybe just a mild upgrade or different version. However, i hope if they wanted to release it for global market, at least they should do it right, start with redesign of the devices, upgrade the camera and processor.
10. mixedfish (Posts: 1152; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Can't believe no one has picked this up yet, but the Z4 is listed with 3G 17hr talk time where as the Z3 has 16hr talk time.
hmmm...I think they did it again with battery optimization.
11. ThePython (Posts: 871; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Well that is quite shocking.
"The Sony Xperia Z4 is official. And it's largely identical to the Sony Xperia Z3. Which was identical to the Xperia Z2. Which was a slight change over the original Xperia Z. There are some minimal improvements to the slimness of the phone, and Sony has also made it lighter, plus, the Xperia Z4 is packed with the latest Snapdragon 810 system chip under the hood, but overall, it's hard to get overly excited about what seems a gradual upgrade."
You guys don't seem to complain when Apple does it. Why complain when Sony does it?
13. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
You know there's something behind PA. You know it...
53. Archdragoon (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Apr 2015)
I would like to call this page a SamsungArena and AppleArena.
26. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Apple does it for two models, not for 4. Pretty sad how much sony has fallen.
51. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2049; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
iPhones were identical since Z series were "identical" since 2013..
41. WallStreet (Posts: 256; Member since: 21 Sep 2014)
CPU on par with the others- what other changes did you expect??????
49. rotkiv3451 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Jan 2015)
Because it's been more than 2 years with essentially the same device.
15. RizwanYaqoob (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
they will never learn from their mistakes.
17. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
I'm sorry, but if their global flagship is gonna be the same as the Japan one, then why they don't just make the Japan variant as their global flagship? Why do we need to wait until end of May? Just for fun?
Think dude, think.
18. rency0722 (Posts: 155; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Testing waters maybe? SD810 still poses a real threat when it comes to thermal throttling.
37. JohnK (Posts: 117; Member since: 03 Mar 2015)
Maybe they have different units in test and don't know which one to put forward... So waiting for LG G4's announcement first may be wiser to plan their move.
20. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Doesn't really matter since it's just an Xperia Z3 with an overheating processor...
21. NightSurfer (Posts: 101; Member since: 06 Sep 2014)
There is no way z4 will survive outside Japan with that specs sheet battling current announced flagships. It will be dead on arrival. Not even close to Huawei P8.
23. gaming64 (unregistered)
If this is true Sony just kicked me in the balls real bad. Lets just see if their next flagship would be made to impress.
27. hound.master (Posts: 1044; Member since: 27 Feb 2015)
Maybe waiting for SD 820 or moving on from SD with i doubt.
28. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
WAIT! You are all surprised about the Z4 specs? Didnt you hear from the words of SONY exec that if needed in the near future they will shut down mobile and tv division cause so far its doing really badly? With that in mind dont expect much fight from sony mobile division. Its a dead division that pretty soon(end of this year, next year?) will be shut down as only a phone better than S6 would have saved them something Sony with current minds and money could never achieve,
38. sunjay140 (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Mar 2015)
They never said that, don't spread propaganda. Secondly, the Z3 and Z4 are better than the S6.
57. Googlethis (Posts: 179; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Depends on what you need that makes a device suppior to another device. Personally I like the Sony z4 better but will probably end up buying both to add to my collection of z series phones and galaxy phones
29. azene (unregistered)
maybe the new z4 (for global market) gonna be rock
32. j2001m (Posts: 2789; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Ha, my mate who as only had Apple phone for years, always one gen down, cheap gate, mate, was all over my s6 edge last night, it's a big game changer, Sony are going to have to try way harder or the z4 for the USA and UK will be doa
39. enzotarece (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Phonearena 10 face 40 tongue always have to find something negative about sony it's because sony na pay u like Samsung or apple wen apple have everything the it's ok Samsung with its cheap look the same it's ok now cuz of sony they talking down
43. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Are you hurt that much?
Everyone knows here that Phonearena had been giving the most criticisms to samsung's same boring plasticky designs BEFORE!!!
40. WallStreet (Posts: 256; Member since: 21 Sep 2014)
The Z4 has the improvements which Z3 needed in order to compete with S6 and M9 and iPhone 6. Just what it needed, better CPU. And maybe some optimisation. That's all it needed. What else did you expect? A design overhaul? - That's gonna come with Z5!
45. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Seems like you are sure with that Z5 thinga haha
but it would really be better off if that's the case
50. rotkiv3451 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Jan 2015)
No. 2015 is the year of cameras. The S6 got a huge improvement, the G4 seems to be even better, and even Huawei is doing some innovation on their cameras, while Sony, a company that actually MAKES cameras, have some of the worst flagship smartphone cameras all around.
55. BaffledTruffle (Posts: 505; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
It's so sad that Sony is the go-to camera manufacturer by many OEM's but the camera on their flagship phones underdeliver...
56. BaffledTruffle (Posts: 505; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
Sony better bring their big guns to the table in May, or else they'll be shutting down their mobile division. It'd be sad to see them go. Their phones are actually promising, but they lack the proper promotions.
I hope they beat the M9, that phone is a huge disappointment.
58. fyahking (Posts: 859; Member since: 28 Jan 2015)
End of May? Might as well be the end of Sony.lol