Sony's Xperia SmartTags app now in Android Market, useless until SmartTags are launched
What is required is an NFC enabled phone, the SmartTag app now available, and the actual SmartTags which are not yet available. And the phone must be running Android 2.3.7 or higher. The tags should be available at the same time that the Sony Xperia S launches, which would be the beginning of next month in the U.K. according to the last word we have heard.
We have a couple of videos for you to look at, the first being the official teaser from Sony that shows you a day in the life of a SmartTag user. The second comes from U.K. retailer Clove which had an Nexus S for the NFC support, and a SmartTag to use for this demonstration.
source: XperiaBlog, AndroidMarket via MobileSyrup
1. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This wont be the most used thing out there, but gives a reason to look forward to Sony this year
2. windowsRocks (Posts: 152; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Is this the reason why i should buy sony ericson handsets?
5. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
One of many reasons you should prefer it over other manufacturers.
4. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Motorola's Smart Actions just seems a whole lot simpler. No $30 for 4 tokens and no worrying about loss/damage/replacement of said tokens.
7. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
yup, there are at least half a dozen profile managers on the app market that can do everything in these videos for free or less than $5
6. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
If this guy moves while sleeping he will surely wake up to the "thud" of his mobile phone and watch (thanks to his way of taking blanket)
8. btbotimtim (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
LG is launching similar tag phone in march in Korea. 3 tags are included.
9. Jerry209 (Posts: 42; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
Moto. droid 3 gave me thems on my phone didnt need to make sure i had a key chain just my phone 3 diff. them work home fun. just saying