- U.S. Cellular
1. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 246; Member since: 30 May 2013)
No hater,but I really dont care,fully disappointed
10. jcdz89 (Posts: 78; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
So far flagships disappointing. I think all new one will continue that trend
29. sgodsell (Posts: 3235; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
All flagships tend to be over priced. But its the consumers that still want them. I just wish they would have made the S5 have a 64 bit chip. Considering it has everything else in it including the kitchen sink. I like the fact that it has a usb 3.0 host port, just like the note 3. I like that fact that all Samsung flagships come with a barometer and temperature sensors, so I have built in altimeter and temperature guages for when I go in my ultralight. Not to mention the S5 now comes water resistant. It has the same FHD 1080p display like the S4 and HTC one. I am glad they didn't put a 2560x1440 resolution display on this phone. It would just suck more GPU and battery life out of the phone. I don't think I will use the heart rate monitor on the phone personally, but its nice to know that its there.
15. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
hmm i dont know what the companies are doing.. kinda everyone
keeps his design..
LG - chek
Iphone - check
HTC - check
Sony - check
nokia - check
what the hell.. kinda arranged
16. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
and i was wondering why the heck they are presenting his flagshipphone in a other event. would it be that cool the choosed to unpack on a seperat day...
sorry for my bad english xD
30. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iPhone - check, check, check, check, check and iCheck!
34. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Put your flamesuit on dude.
Sheep are coming I'd imagine.
32. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
If you guys wanna buy high end Samsung then buy note 3.
38. techguymatt (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
anyone over seas want on for less then $1500 email me at kicksoe@g mail.com
9. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1146; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
which other phone has better or 2014 specs?
11. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Note 3 has 3gb of RAM and one 2014 Lumia has more megapixels. GS5 is pretty damn 2014 specs.
33. Salazzi (Posts: 537; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
I still regret getting the Samsung Fascinate back in the day. paid $300 for that crap only to find out 3 days later that there will be no software updates to it. That was unsettling as I had massive issues with it (battery would MELT in 1.5 hours. I ended up connecting my ipod touch to it to use as a phone as to not drain the battery as fast as well as a better experience) also would crash NONSTOP, and if I'd press power button it would take screenshots instead. Had no way of turning it off, no fixes to the issues, no updates. All around, samdung was the sh*t-stain on my undies that year.
43. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
So you are letting one phone you bought ruin it for you?
In that case, I hate Motorola for the Motorola Devour
I hate HTC for the Thunderbolt.
I hate LG for the Nitro.
3. technomichael (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
i highly doubt it will have a $300 price tag
7. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Agreed, didn't the S4 come out at $199? I have a hard time believing that they are going to price it more than the 16 GB iPhone 5S.
37. NexusX (Posts: 482; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I'm not a fanboy I have never owned an iphone but I think Samsung's biggest mistake is they think they are on the same level of playing field as apple. while apple has created a healthy ecosystem that fosters developers, the only thing that Samsung has going for them are gimmicky features and phones with decent hardware and bigger screens. They seem to be forgetting the fact that there are thousands of other smartphone manufactures that are selling their phones at sub $100 that run the same os and capable of running most if not all apps available in the Play store. if Samsung don't up their games, release cheaper phones, improve their deisign or get out of the smartphone race entirely and focus on new technology. they would soon share the same as HTC
4. Andrewtst (Posts: 608; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
R.I.P Samsung Galaxy S5, worst spec than my current Note 3 with the most awful design in touch flagship phone!
23. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Ummm, the Note 3 is a bigger phone - TouchWiz requires an extra gig of RAM - really, a solidly built Android device only needs 2 GB RAM - see NEXUS 5...
31. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
you dont even own a Samsung ..
35. donfem (Posts: 642; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
A terrible comparison from a supposed Note 3 user.
5. docj8404 (Posts: 73; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
$299.99 on contract?
I highly doubt it.. The last two iterations have seen a $199.99/2 year agreement type of deal, so in light of what Samsung is offering this go around, I can't see that changing.
6. Valoni (Posts: 29; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
If the price is $600 is not expensive, I thought it would be over $800.
Not that I like this phone but only I ask, how safe is this information?
8. ThePython (Posts: 871; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Whoa... Well, I'm wonder what the idiots yelling "durr I phone iz moar expensv then other phons" will say about this price.
$299.99 is just... lol.
12. kryme (Posts: 327; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
samsung is like.."yall think i'm gonna give yall MFs a new design and top notch specs every 12 month yall MFs better think again.... yall dont complain wen that fruity company just add a different color to there lineup... yall buy 10million of that phone after the first weekend..... right now am focus on tizen b**tches"
18. Yaldabaoth (Posts: 42; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
US Cellular has confirmed April. Source: their official Facebook page.
19. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1989; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
well we aready know that the pending for verizon is because a delay of the logo that will be slapped on the s5 forehead or back.
20. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Nexus 5 for 349 looks like a bargain, more and more, every day
21. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
PhoneArena needs to just shut up with these stupid articles - reminds me of high school gossip, all of the articles leading up to the unveiling created a let down of the product - good job i-PhoneArena...err...SamIArena
Anyways, the phone is still a good one - why does the article headline mention pricing, but nothing is confirmed?
PhoneArena = awesome journalism
24. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
"reminds me of high school gossip, all of the articles leading up to the unveiling created a let down of the product"
i laughed at this till i cried, LMFAO
btw, this does not happen only on pa, every tech-related websites out there are pretty much the same. the hype and rumor mill, that is.
22. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
BTW, "iPhoneArena" is now an offensive word...lol
26. george_fangoria (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
I just do not care how expensive are the gadgets all i care is to have the most modern piece of technology, because it indicates me where the future is aheading, is just beautiful to be a part of it
27. Sprissy (Posts: 149; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Personally I don't think its enough of an upgrade to spend my money....maybe the premium S5, or maybe the LG G3 will be more to my liking.
28. ryan5609 (Posts: 107; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
$500 in bloatware absolutely free! These are all essentially free trials. There is absolutely nothing on that bloatware list that you can actually keep forever with paying a monthly/yearly fee, except for a couple of old games and some IAP's big whoop. You know all of this stuff is going to be pre-installed, maybe thats why the OS takes up 10+ GB. This is one of the reasons people like Nexus phones.
41. xfire99 (Posts: 792; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
No, Samsungs freebies doesnt come preinstalled and can be choose to install from Samsungs Appstore or not.
Same for Note 3 and Note 2014.
36. donfem (Posts: 642; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
The total number of users here on phonearena does not constitute a significant percentage of the overall buyers of any cell phone. Having said that, most crappy comments regarding a new phone by a few or more here will not affect the sale. Period.
40. PANIC (Posts: 125; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Dear Samsung team...Thanks but No Thanks...Enough!!!
42. skulls1707 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
These specs are not enough for me to upgrade
44. Dthawk (Posts: 42; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
The iphone is gonna kill this year. Android users, we might have to accept defeat. Damn Samsung.
45. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Excuse me but this is not updated. The US Cellular GS5 is Confirmed to be released along with the other carriers on April 11th. It seems like websites like this refuse to acknowledge US Cellular. It seems very biased here.
46. Chris.P (Posts: 535; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Point me in the direction of said confirmation, as I wasn't able to find it yesterday, and I did not find it now.
By the way, what possible reason could we have to refuse to acknowledge the stuff US Cellular will be carrying?
47. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Very Sorry for the Augument.
48. techloverNYC (Posts: 601; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Big disappointment from Samsung on the S5, none of the rumor specs were present. No QHD, no stereo speaker, not a complete fingerprint scanner, no 64bit, no 3gb ram, etc
Heartbeat monitor gotta be on of the stupidest thing you can ever have on a phone......way to think "outside" the box samsung. HTC all new one has more innovation with the dual camera.
49. davenycept (Posts: 200; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
It was all the hype the S5 had...But now they save their biggest for the note series