Samsung Galaxy S5: early benchmarks (Quadrant, AnTuTu, GFXBench, Basemark X)
15. Edward_bly (Posts: 278; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Wait till Snapdragon makes their 64bit octacore processor.
24. bbdol (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Who is Snapdragon and since when have they been making processors?
42. Edward_bly (Posts: 278; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Im really embarrassed, I meant Qualcomm
37. sam3k (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Ooh boy you people are so stupid, I'm not praising the design by any means, but stop talking carp about iPhone and HTC one is premium over the s5, if so try dropping your beloved iPhone and HTC one in dust are water and you will see the results..
16. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I dont want to hear or read anything about his Samsung Crap S5 anymore... It is epic failure !!!
18. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Hey, it's not crap at all. Design was bit meh, but otherwise, it's a beast.
20. christophersalse (Posts: 99; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
The fact that your avatar has the troll face is so very fitting...
27. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
& dont listen to benchmark..they are cheater!
33. Hyperreal (Posts: 223; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
benchmarks mean sh*t. it will still lag after few weeks of using it. wake up people. touchwizz with 2 gigs of ram is a fail.
36. sam3k (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Obviously your not a samsung user because none of samsung's latest phones don't lag ,your just following the trend of bashing samsung , well let me tell you this, the galaxy s5 will be the fastest smartphone out for now so heat your heart out!!
2. khaledmhawesh (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
as i read more about hat phone the more i love my htc one . this is faster but dsnt have the quality biuld of the one moreover having the ability to change roms and kernel and clocking it to 2052hz is just amazing . numbers dont matter
3. Technobri (Posts: 84; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
In sure they'll have many alternative back covers for that awful looking back so I guess its not that bad If you think about it
19. DnB925Art (Posts: 966; Member since: 23 May 2013)
They already demoed the designer back covers from Moschino and Nicholas Kirkwood (official Samsung partners) during the Unpacked event and at the show. They look like great replacements for the back covers if you don't like the look.
4. khaledmhawesh (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
31k on antutu is enough for me on
the one :P
26. christophersalse (Posts: 99; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
6. Carlitos (Posts: 502; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
This phone is truly a beast. And like they said its only a prototype. Wont be getting this phone, most likely will upgrade to the Galaxy s6 or go back to the Note series, but who ever those get this phone will be more than happy.
8. Lyngdoh (Posts: 238; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
This is not a prototype, it's a preproduction unit. Ray S should get his facts right.
11. smacsteve (Posts: 67; Member since: 16 May 2012)
This guy can talk worth a sh%t! Is he drunk or something?!!
12. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
watch the z2 be just as fast, derp. Not even much faster than the G2
13. winter_hat (Posts: 110; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Samsung is notorious for cheating on benchmarks. The only real test is real life usage. Did they trim the bloatware and streamline Touchwiz? Is there lag? The public will determine those things.
17. christophersalse (Posts: 99; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
HTC, LG, and Asus also cheat on benchmarks, yet nobody seems to mind if they do it.
14. thedoctorguy (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
why isnt there any exynos processor announced along with s5?
why the s5 has less ram then note 3?
why the invite did say 'UNPACKED 5 EPISODE 1'?
imo we will wittness a metal clad galaxy with super specs in coming months.......
21. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
You make some excellent points sir
23. XaErO (Posts: 313; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
I agree !!
I guess, they may have planned for another S5 premium version ..
and it might just come with 2K Display, Bigger Battery and a New Design ..
31. FeRoZ (Posts: 33; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
In ur dreamz just accept the fact its a fail from samdung
39. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 134; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Nice observation dude, I thought I am the only one thinking about the 'UNPACKED 5 EPISODE 1' invitation.
44. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4274; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The Exynos 5422 was announced with the Galaxy S5.
The GS5 is a product made for general consumers, the Note 3 is for heavy users with more features that demand more RAM.
Unpacked events have always had 2 parts, last year the Galaxy S4's event was Unpacked 2013 Episode 1, and Episode 2 was the launch of the Note 3. I assume Unpacked 2014 Episode 2 will bring the Note 4.
28. awani1 (Posts: 30; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
You all know Samsung is always benchmark cheating ryt... On all previous gs models nd even on the note3...i read bout it a couple of tyms... Even on PA
29. Jazbec (Posts: 30; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
First of all: Benchmarks are rigged - proven. Second: Will buy S4: S5 just not worth the big bang buck. Really dissapointed by this :( Especially the looks. That's just product trolling. Now LG or even one of WP, especially Icon, is looking much more appealing
30. Jazbec (Posts: 30; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
And a last one from me: The looks are for ol' posh farts. The phone would look awesome in a 45 years old Jaguar with well worn leathery interior, however the design is just looking BORING as f*ck. And I want my phone to look nice. Besides the heart rate monitor and other stuff just ain't worth it :( I'm really sad. Had such high hopes for this one. AND I'm still dreaming this is just some sort of an "Active" edition. After 3 year it's phone change time, and for now everything dissapoints me. LG G2's build qulity, S G S5 looks (to vomit in my opinion) And Sony's UI which I really just don't like - no, I'm not gonna root with Cyanogenmod due to warranty reasons. Waiting for HTC now, however I can almost feel the camera will such as hell ... WP it is most probably, which I hate too for personalization sake.
32. meloth1991 (Posts: 37; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
i remember during the unveiling of the s5 that J.K Shin mentioning that samsung listens to all the customer feedbacks and has desinged the s5 but i find it hard to belive that majority of the customers wanted an heart rate sensor over an better design and build quality !!
34. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1514; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Is it just me or those numbers are quite dissapointing?
Antutu and Quadrant are just 15-20% higher than the S4
Same goes for the rest of the tests, a mild 25%
35. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Does it matter even the slightest when we all know that samsung heavily cheats on benchmarks. And the bloated touchwiz is to be mentioned which doesnt want your phone to run smoothly.
41. jefski2003 (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Thats funny, I bought a Note 3 last week from tmobile 4.3 non root.My scores,Antu benchmark-35929 Quadrant-22637
Im not an expert but if thats running kit kat amd newer/faster processor, that S5 should be topping my scores easily.reguardless of "pre build/semi final software"
That was their moment to shine.....
43. jefski2003 (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
I spoke too soon, updated scores on tmobile 4.3 stock non root. Quadrant Standard-23518 and Antu-35929