They just have to be put together, we'd say, but here's the summary:
- Nokia will be focusing on two areas – smartphones and mobile computers.
- The said mobile computers will be running MeeGo and will bring full-fledged computing to your pocket.
- Switching to Android is unwarranted, since Nokia has big plans for Symbian.
- The smartphones will keep running Symbian, as it powers two-fifths of all smartphones globally.
- Symbian^3 is almost a bridge OS (to make Nokia users more comfortable with the transition to ^4), and Nokia N8 will be the last N-series phone with it.
- Symbian^4 device of the N-series is almost certainly in the pipeline.
- They want Ricky from the Symbian-Guru blog, who closed shop yesterday, to be proud of them again.
The guy certainly seems excited enough, but we usually do not drink the corporate Kool-Aid, so let's wait till Nokia N8 comes out to see if they are still that hardware innovator we've known for years. Then we will wait with baited breath for Symbian^4 on an N-series phone.
If you want to read what's in-between, go to the Nokia Conversations blog link below.
source: Nokia Conversations