Mobile Olympics: phones with the best battery life
Phones with the best battery life
1. Lenovo S860
2. Lenovo P780
10. Sony Xperia C
12. LG G2 mini
14. Sony Xperia Z2
15. Motorola Moto E
16. Oppo N1
18. OnePlus One
20. Sony Xperia E
During the phone's unveiling event, Samsung promised up to 10 hours of Internet browsing, 12 hours of HD movie watching, or 21 hours of 3G talk time on a charge, and we can attest that the Galaxy S5 meets and exceeds those promises. Manufacturers, as well as most third party services, measure battery life with the screens set at about 150 nits of brightness, while our routine script is run at 200 nits, and features mixed browsing and media display patterns. Those include a lot of white background, too, which AMOLED screens draw the most power to display, and still the S5 managed to break the flagship record.
22. HTC One Max
24. Meizu MX4
25. Motorola Moto G
26. HTC One (M8)
27. HTC One E8
1. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1458; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Waiting for that super bulky phone with 10,000mAh battery :D
74. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1458; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I'm not mad. I'm just sick of charging my phone all the time XD
99. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1458; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I can't... got to use phone... for everything haha
My phone and I are like best friend :P we do everything together.
107. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
You mean my Note 3 with a ZeroLemon 10,000mah Extended battery?
Yeah, its massive but i get 109 hours of uptime on a single charge with regular usage
152. zacsaturday (Posts: 71; Member since: 09 May 2014)
WHATTTT!!!, 10000mAh battery. *whistle* sweet.
173. latido (Posts: 42; Member since: 31 May 2012)
still not enough for me. I only got 18-21 hours with zerolemon 10k mAh battery, but that for sure pretty impressive compare to stock battery. Hope one day, smartphone can survive more than 5-7 days with screen on.
130. sgodsell (Posts: 1433; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Get a new Galaxy S5 and put the new $45 zerolemon 7500mha battery in it. Zerolemon even includes a new back cover plate for the S5. If the Galaxy S5 got a great battery life with a 2800mha battery, then you can just imagine how long it will get with a 7500mha battery.
151. zacsaturday (Posts: 71; Member since: 09 May 2014)
you don't need to wait. thire is something hat could last an Entire (24 hours) of pure hardcore gaming/movie-watching.
Galaxy Note 3. + Galaxy Note 3 external battery charger.
http :// mugen . co / batteries.html (remove spaces)
Then buy 5900mAh extended battery and swap with original, and violla! A phone that easily a day.
(I haven't checked, but when i use it (i play a lot of games and watch movies) it gets to around 10% after 2 days and one night.)
And then you can swap out for another and you last another 2 days while charging the battery with a external battery charger.
160. romeo1 (Posts: 294; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
My z ultra lasts almost 2 full days without a charge and i do use allot.
On the sony site i could buy a cover with a 5000mah batty inside. Would probably get around 5days with that. Total would be 8050mah.but for me 2days is enough. Waiting for a z2/3 ultra ;)
98. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Btw where is nokia lumia 1520?????????
119. yazbuh (Posts: 28; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
agree, my 1320 could even reach 3 - 4 days in light use...
161. romeo1 (Posts: 294; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
They are stating the onscreen time here. Most of the big screened/high resolution phones won't make the cut. It tells allot about the s5/z2/m8 that they made the cut.
163. gaara6775 (Posts: 511; Member since: 20 May 2014)
With extreme power saving modes m8,s5 could reach up to 1 week,just sayin
9. dmat3889 (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
my s4 with the zero lemon 7500mAH battery and thier new case is almost the same size as the otterbox case so I doubt it will be as bulky as you think. getting to 7 days battery life with 10 hours of screen time is pretty easy now.
17. Ashoaib (Posts: 2424; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
10,000mah? well thats not a problem... you should buy note3 and buy a zerolemon 11,000mah which is availabe in a very reasonable price and install it inside your note3... here you go... 7 days of juice
28. pwnarena (Posts: 974; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
just don't expect samsung to wipe your mess off once that batt explodes.
30. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
It doesn't matter. You cannot expect Sammy to do it even if you stuck to the genuine battery/charger either.
144. wilsong17 (Posts: 1087; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Agree note 3 plus 10000 zero lemon battery== beast mode
38. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
no normal person living under normal circumstances should want a phone with a 10,000 mAh battery unless there was no trade off to having it which i'm sure is still a ways off.
you wouldn't even get close to using all of the battery before you had to go to sleep a time in which it's no trouble at all to charge a phone.
now if you're a hiker or something then yeah, you might want to get a phone with a removable battery that has a battery like this available.
55. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 866; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Bill Gates said the same thing about 256kb of memory. I personally miss the days when I could use my phone for days at a time and not have to worry about charging it.
117. -box- (Posts: 3875; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I believe it was actually "640kb should be enough for anybody" IIRC.
146. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1876; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Look at what computers were like when he said it. Different times call for different specs. I doubt they were figuring on streaming video at 1080p when he said that.
94. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 664; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Remember the time when nokia phones had 350mah battery an lasted for more than a week.???
Why do we need a 3000mah battery in phones?
Surely in a year or two we will see battery of 10000mah in same size as we see a 3500mah one..
Then everyone would want one and they would be "normal"
131. sgodsell (Posts: 1433; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
The problem is those phones didn't do much. Not like do today. Phones today are full fledged computers.
102. networkdood (Posts: 6325; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
If the industry would focus on battery improvement break throughs, I am sure that this could happen and still have a thin battery....
118. -box- (Posts: 3875; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
They are. Right now there's a lot of R&D money in lithium polymer batteries and graphene.
108. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Im a normal person.
And i have a Note 3 with a 10,000 Extended Battery.
I charge my fone once a week
Only trade off is its massive but some of us dont mind.
47. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6727; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Looks like Oppo won the best in battery life category next to the GALAXY line along with XPERIA as third
139. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
No way, there are FOUR xperia devices in top ten including the flagship, don't be a fanboy
100. fzacek (Posts: 2190; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Is it such a hassle to put your phone on the charger every night before you go to bed?
136. Fellwalker (Posts: 68; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
Not as such, but it is a REAL hassle to have the phone die part way through the day; or to have to carry a charger when going away overnight.
104. techperson211 (Posts: 710; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Just bring a car battery at your back. That you'd give you enough power for the whole freakin year.
114. buccob (Posts: 1555; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
And still they NEVER tested the Z1 Compact that showed great battery performace in other review websites
134. box14380 (Posts: 21; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
I have that 10000mAh now with my Note 3 using Zerolemon battery.
156. sid07desai (Posts: 276; Member since: 03 May 2012)
10,000 mAh? Might as well use your phone as a dumbbell then
179. BlazeHN (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
Lol, there is 10,000 mAh battery phones already, just look on Amazon for the Zerolemon extended battery case for the Note 3. And yes its extremly bulky ;D
180. AndrewHipolite (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Apr 2014)
But dude, the article is not about "the phone with supplemental battery" its about the phone with the default battery. Don't ignore the ideea of the article and so to have a pretext to say something.
Other than that, have a nice day ;)
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4404; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I can attest that the Galaxy Note 3 is very BOSS when it comes to battery life. I can get 3 days on a single charge with almost 7 hours of screen on time. To me that is EPIC!!!!!!
6. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4404; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Check out post 142 on this link for proof of my battery life:
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8920; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I hate you. Max I can get is five hours of on-screen time. I multitask and use up 80-90% of the RAM most of the time, so that's probably the reason why. Battery usually lasts me 30-36 hours before I have to charge it, and yes this includes surfing the web, Facebook, Pandora, YouTube, etc. all on LTE.
Have you noticed how fu----g fast it charges? Mine goes from 1-100% in 70 minutes.
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4404; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes it's just so extremely SICK how GREAT the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is.
31. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Good for you, Smurfette.
70 minutes might be still acceptable for staying awake nearby with a fire extinguisher ready.
What? Sammy didn't include a fire extinguisher in the box?
40. ihavenoname (Posts: 1518; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
JakeLee, that comment above was full of jealousy and hate, Samsung phones don't catch fire more than other phones, only couple have and they had unoffical batteries.
42. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8920; Member since: 14 May 2012)
He sees my name and instantly creates lies and stories. It's okay, no one likes jealous haters.
71. mattkl (Posts: 180; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
I've got to back you up this time. He attacked and you didn't even provoke anyone.
I think he has a crush on you with that cute little pet name he gave you, just like a girlfriend does. It's mostly true that you abuse the ones you love.
And what's with his hate for Samsung so much? I've only had one Samsung phone (Fascinate) and hated it. I don't hate Samsung just because I didn't like that model.
The way he talks about exploding Samsung phones make me think a Samsung device blew up on you JakeLee? I doubt this, so more unsubstantiated hate about a topic that you have no experience with. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm definitely Android biased but I don't hate on Apple. They make nice devices, just not for me.
45. jacko1977 (Posts: 400; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
what u say about apple ijunk killing people buy 1 and u get a free ambulance
39. dratomic (Posts: 476; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
note 3 is superb but GSMArena has a new battery champ; lg g flex
116. hemedans (Posts: 216; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
lumia 1520 is battery champ in gsmarena and not lg gflex
123. technomichael (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
How do you get such good battery life on your note 3? I usually get only 14-18 hours of usage
3. rallyguy (Posts: 574; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
My Note 3 is the first phone that can make it through a normal day (for me) on the stock battery. Battery can always be improved, but at the same time I would rather have a slightly larger phone with a bigger battery. If the media would stop putting so much emphasis on "it's so thin" then maybe manufacturers wouldn't be so pressured to make thin phones.
About half the phones I see, mine included have cases on them anyway. Although I will say my Spigen Ultra Armor case is awesome.
7. ePoch270 (Posts: 112; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
I completely concur anxt mine rocks the Neo Hybrid in red
46. jacko1977 (Posts: 400; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i got the spigen slim armor and im waiting for the spigen slim armor view
50. rallyguy (Posts: 574; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Opps. Slim Armor, that's it. The view looks awesome. But can't beat the slim armor for $14.
62. iskunder (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Dec 2013)
Hold on a second! it is important to push technology to be more compact and thinness has always led to this. Dont be hasty we still need techhology to be thin but prorities are simply changing and the media is just reflecting what people find important. A thin phone is so nice and protable to have. you even forget about it.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The battery life on my Xperia Z sucks, it can't get through the whole day on a single charge. My next phone must have a good battery life.
10. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3294; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Z1. Why do I have to put at least 5 characters?