Mobile Olympics: phones with the best battery life
Phones with the best battery life Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Leaked screenshots reveal a possible upcoming huge Android redesign
14 Apr 2014, 03:50
Alleged Apple iPhone 6 front panel leaks, corroborates 4.7-inch display size
15 Apr 2014, 05:39
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Phones with the best battery life
1. Lenovo P780
4. Oppo N1
6. HTC One Max
7. LG G Flex
9. HTC One (M8)
12. LG G2
13. LG G Pro 2
14. LG Optimus L7 II
15. HTC Desire 700
17. HTC DESIRE 300
18. Oppo R819
21. Sony Xperia L
1. jaytai0106 (Posts: 825; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Waiting for that super bulky phone with 10,000mAh battery :D
74. jaytai0106 (Posts: 825; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I'm not mad. I'm just sick of charging my phone all the time XD
99. jaytai0106 (Posts: 825; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I can't... got to use phone... for everything haha
My phone and I are like best friend :P we do everything together.
107. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
You mean my Note 3 with a ZeroLemon 10,000mah Extended battery?
Yeah, its massive but i get 109 hours of uptime on a single charge with regular usage
98. tusshharish (Posts: 334; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Btw where is nokia lumia 1520?????????
9. dmat3889 (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
my s4 with the zero lemon 7500mAH battery and thier new case is almost the same size as the otterbox case so I doubt it will be as bulky as you think. getting to 7 days battery life with 10 hours of screen time is pretty easy now.
17. Ashoaib (Posts: 619; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
10,000mah? well thats not a problem... you should buy note3 and buy a zerolemon 11,000mah which is availabe in a very reasonable price and install it inside your note3... here you go... 7 days of juice
28. pwnarena (Posts: 720; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
just don't expect samsung to wipe your mess off once that batt explodes.
30. JakeLee (Posts: 372; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
It doesn't matter. You cannot expect Sammy to do it even if you stuck to the genuine battery/charger either.
38. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
no normal person living under normal circumstances should want a phone with a 10,000 mAh battery unless there was no trade off to having it which i'm sure is still a ways off.
you wouldn't even get close to using all of the battery before you had to go to sleep a time in which it's no trouble at all to charge a phone.
now if you're a hiker or something then yeah, you might want to get a phone with a removable battery that has a battery like this available.
55. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 807; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Bill Gates said the same thing about 256kb of memory. I personally miss the days when I could use my phone for days at a time and not have to worry about charging it.
94. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 548; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Remember the time when nokia phones had 350mah battery an lasted for more than a week.???
Why do we need a 3000mah battery in phones?
Surely in a year or two we will see battery of 10000mah in same size as we see a 3500mah one..
Then everyone would want one and they would be "normal"
102. networkdood (Posts: 5538; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
If the industry would focus on battery improvement break throughs, I am sure that this could happen and still have a thin battery....
108. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Im a normal person.
And i have a Note 3 with a 10,000 Extended Battery.
I charge my fone once a week
Only trade off is its massive but some of us dont mind.
47. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5645; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Looks like Oppo won the best in battery life category next to the GALAXY line along with XPERIA as third
100. fzacek (Posts: 280; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Is it such a hassle to put your phone on the charger every night before you go to bed?
104. techperson211 (Posts: 215; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Just bring a car battery at your back. That you'd give you enough power for the whole freakin year.
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3515; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I can attest that the Galaxy Note 3 is very BOSS when it comes to battery life. I can get 3 days on a single charge with almost 7 hours of screen on time. To me that is EPIC!!!!!!
6. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3515; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Check out post 142 on this link for proof of my battery life:
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6631; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I hate you. Max I can get is five hours of on-screen time. I multitask and use up 80-90% of the RAM most of the time, so that's probably the reason why. Battery usually lasts me 30-36 hours before I have to charge it, and yes this includes surfing the web, Facebook, Pandora, YouTube, etc. all on LTE.
Have you noticed how fu----g fast it charges? Mine goes from 1-100% in 70 minutes.
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3515; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes it's just so extremely SICK how GREAT the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is.
31. JakeLee (Posts: 372; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Good for you, Smurfette.
70 minutes might be still acceptable for staying awake nearby with a fire extinguisher ready.
What? Sammy didn't include a fire extinguisher in the box?
40. ihavenoname (Posts: 963; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
JakeLee, that comment above was full of jealousy and hate, Samsung phones don't catch fire more than other phones, only couple have and they had unoffical batteries.
42. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6631; Member since: 14 May 2012)
He sees my name and instantly creates lies and stories. It's okay, no one likes jealous haters.
71. mattkl (Posts: 137; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
I've got to back you up this time. He attacked and you didn't even provoke anyone.
I think he has a crush on you with that cute little pet name he gave you, just like a girlfriend does. It's mostly true that you abuse the ones you love.
And what's with his hate for Samsung so much? I've only had one Samsung phone (Fascinate) and hated it. I don't hate Samsung just because I didn't like that model.
The way he talks about exploding Samsung phones make me think a Samsung device blew up on you JakeLee? I doubt this, so more unsubstantiated hate about a topic that you have no experience with. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm definitely Android biased but I don't hate on Apple. They make nice devices, just not for me.
45. jacko1977 (Posts: 377; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
what u say about apple ijunk killing people buy 1 and u get a free ambulance
39. dratomic (Posts: 335; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
note 3 is superb but GSMArena has a new battery champ; lg g flex
3. rallyguy (Posts: 439; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
My Note 3 is the first phone that can make it through a normal day (for me) on the stock battery. Battery can always be improved, but at the same time I would rather have a slightly larger phone with a bigger battery. If the media would stop putting so much emphasis on "it's so thin" then maybe manufacturers wouldn't be so pressured to make thin phones.
About half the phones I see, mine included have cases on them anyway. Although I will say my Spigen Ultra Armor case is awesome.
7. ePoch270 (Posts: 80; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
I completely concur anxt mine rocks the Neo Hybrid in red
46. jacko1977 (Posts: 377; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i got the spigen slim armor and im waiting for the spigen slim armor view
50. rallyguy (Posts: 439; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Opps. Slim Armor, that's it. The view looks awesome. But can't beat the slim armor for $14.
62. iskunder (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Dec 2013)
Hold on a second! it is important to push technology to be more compact and thinness has always led to this. Dont be hasty we still need techhology to be thin but prorities are simply changing and the media is just reflecting what people find important. A thin phone is so nice and protable to have. you even forget about it.
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4828; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The battery life on my Xperia Z sucks, it can't get through the whole day on a single charge. My next phone must have a good battery life.
10. ArtSim98 (Posts: 1126; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Z1. Why do I have to put at least 5 characters?
24. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Lucky in have the Z1
2 hours music playback
And a few games
Not too bad for my first day
25. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4828; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh, cool. The Z1's battery life is better than the Z obviously, and I tried the Z1 before and I must say it's a beast, and the new UI is very smooth. My Z is laggy sometimes, so I'm eagerly waiting for the Android 4.3 update for my Z.
Btw, have you update your Z1 to Android 4.3?
26. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Update is rolling out in stages, mine hasn't arrive but so far I'm happy so I'll wait for it.
While the phone works great the UI leaves so much to be desired, specially the launcher. Luckily the N5 launcher works great on this phone
Oh and today my day is half over and still 67℅ woot! Things will be smoother since Monday is always heavy for me because of constant emails and instant messages and still did quite well
29. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4828; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Lucky you, I was planning to upgrade to the Z1 few months ago, but many people told me that it's not much of an upgrade from the Z. So, I will wait for the Xperia Z2 or maybe the Oppo Find 7.
Enjoy your Z1! :)
32. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Hopefully the Z2 (or whatever they call it) improves a bit in certain aspects
Here are a few quirks I have found
-yeah it feels "premium" but also feels slippery on the hand and has been on the verge of falling twice.
-the sensor is a bit off (the light sensor that turns the device screen off while I'm talking) at least its not as good as Motorola's
-the earpiece quality is nice but coming from a Motorola phone its way lower, people hear me loud and clear on their end but on my end sound is on the low side
-the waterproof makes it a bit bulky I wish they had an "active" version for people that want waterproof
-no photosphere on the viewfinder and the photosphere addon forces you into a weird social network, and can't post pictures directly to Google plus (witch will look awesome on the device's awesome camera)
36. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Oh and the cover for the ports and memory, yeah memory and Sim won't be used a lot but the charging one its annoying and I feel like I'm gonna break it, in would recommend anyone to just buy a magnetic charging cable they sell on amazon and it will be much better
70. jad.boutary (Posts: 106; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
how about 2 days on a single charge with playing games and watch some episodes ??
I love my Htc one max :D
8. mr.techdude (Posts: 492; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
How come iPhone 5s wasn't in this PA, LOL JK.
but srsly I thought that the HTC butterfly s would score excellent.
20. superfans (Posts: 34; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Lol... Give 5s a break , only 4inch and with 64 bit processor yet slim and light are already tough ! You still want a best battery life ?
53. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 616; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
No, they specifically said 'phones', so it can be from any manufacturer. I'm surprised the Nokia Asha 501 didn't make it here
63. iskunder (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Dec 2013)
The butterfly would score well I have owned this phone before and it lasts over a day with moderate use(3-4hours on screen time).
11. Vish_i_was (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
g2 is best from every damn corner!
even the price point too
12. garlic456 (Posts: 103; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
How come my Galaxy Beam isn't there? It has 2000 mAh battery and 1 Ghz Novathor processor and 4" Tft screen?
Phonearena please answer me....
13. Genersis (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Sony Xperia P and Xperia V both had pretty awful battery life.
I like to think they learned something from those mistakes..
14. troutsy (Posts: 212; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
This comparison seems a little unfair. The Note 3 is doing significantly more work (screen, 4G, less lag) to provide the 7 hours compared to the Xperia E. Quality of on-screen time is an important characteristic of the battery life.
16. adrialk (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
You guys didn't even test the Droid MAXX. You are reporting the battery life for the 2 year old RAZR MAXX.
41. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Droid MAXX is the only Moto MAXX phone in this comparison...
43. adrialk (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Look at their benchmark test data. The only MAXX they've ever tested is the RAZR MAXX and the time quoted in this article is in line with that.
They are using RAZR MAXX data and applying it to the new Droid MAXX. FAIL.
51. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
You are very correct in this. The Droid MAXX has been tested recently with its new processing system and offers the longest and strongest battery experience out there. I was literally shocked when they ranked it 8th...
18. skymitch89 (Posts: 983; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I thought you guys said that there wouldn't be many of today's high-end devices on the list? It seems to me to be mostly those kind of devices. My question to you guys is when doing the tests, what was the screen brightness set to? Also why not include some of the "high-end" devices of like 2011? My Evo Shift would easily get 24hrs on the battery (when new) with the screen being on about half half the time (and screen brightness at max).
19. sks1969 (Posts: 42; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
Is Android the only OS existing in the universe. WTF :(
65. NexusPhan (Posts: 320; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
It happens to be the only one flexible enough to allow OEMs to do whatever they want to their phone hardware.
The result: Better battery life than iOS, Windows Phone and blackberry.
I'm sorry that your mobile OS of choice doesn't allow this. That's WTF that is.
84. Gemmol (Posts: 441; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
better then what???? stop talking crazy
here is my lumia 1520 battery