Is Samsung preparing an 8-inch 1080p full HD Galaxy Tab for MWC?
The 8-inch Galaxy Note previously surfaced as the Samsung GT-N5100 and was said to come with last year’s specs with the assumption that it’d compete in price against the iPad mini.
So, overall, tech specs of the 8-inch Note were said to include an 8-inch 1,280 x 800-pixel screen and an Exynos 4412 chip.
Today however, new sources have dropped their 2 cents on the rumor saying that the device will actually launch as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and feature a 1080p full HD display.
We don’t know which of the rumors to believe, and we wouldn’t be surprised to see both devices announced by Samsung in just over a month. Or none. It’s all still just a rumor.
source: Sammy Hub
24. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Not terribly interested, but I am currently considering purchasing this product,
IF the specs meets my qualifications
2. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1361; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
alright ...if this has a 1080p pannel ill sell my laptop and get one , but then again it will probably be around
$299 wifi only
30. SudoHalt (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Sell your laptop for a tablet?! I guess you only use the laptop for web browsing.
4. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Question, when R's MWC going to launch? Like the date? I keep forgetting this things
18. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1005; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
25 to 28th February, buy you´ll probably get pre-anuncementes from the 22nd or so.
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Oh my, 7 inch tablets increase in size too...lol.
Won't be too bad...for some, 7 is small and 10 is big...so there's 8!
Tablets coming in sizes for everyone!
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2135; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Exynos 5, fullHD, SD slot and below $300, I'm buying.
19. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1005; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I doubt that, it most likely be Exynos 4412 to compete in price and save battery. Just my 2 cents.
7. PhoneAddiction (Posts: 77; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
And get rid of that stupid proprietary cable. Make it micro usb and I may consider.
8. hung2900 (Posts: 805; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Nexus 10 using microUSB cable and the power supply is so weak
22. jade272727 (Posts: 62; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
Mainly because microUSB isn't powerful enough to charge a full sized tablet...
31. SudoHalt (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Are you using the charger that comes with the tablet? The charger that comes with phones is usually having a power of 5 watts or even less. Tablet chargers come with a power of 10 Watts, because they have higher current (amperes). You are saving more than double the time when charging using the tablet's charger. But in emergency cases when your tablet charger is not available, a microusb port becomes useful because it is widely used. Better than nothing, isn't it? :-)
9. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Forget 1080 and give me a AMOLED screen instead
11. SleepingOz (unregistered)
What about a fHD AMOLED?
The fact is that AMOLED technology is still young compared to LCD.. =(
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
What about a fHD GNOTE 10.1?
20. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4070; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The next Note 10.1 will probably be 2560 x 1600.
12. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
i would drop my nexus 7 if it has full HD if not nexus 7 is still the winner.
21. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4070; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Or, or... You could wait for the next generation Nexus 7 that will most likely have a FHD display
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6588; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'm waiting for the XPERIA TABLET Z. now its the year of 1080P HD SCREENS on TABLETS while the ipad is falling behind
14. GeekMovement (Posts: 1505; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
If high end smartphones are starting to use 1080p as standard, tablets should more so use them due to their larger displays.
16. howardbarrett (Posts: 45; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
The screen size of a mass market paperback, plus 1080p for movies.... nice.
17. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1101; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I Pray that Windows 8 is put on this tablet as well as android. Windows 8 is getting the code "Blue update that will enable windows 8 to be able to be put on smaller tablets in fact
HTC later this year is going to have 7 inch Windows tablet up for sale. I hope that windows 8 is on it instead of windows Rt because windows RT is not as popular as FULL windows 8
on tablets at this time. next year when windows Rt tablets have more apps it will take off and sell better.
23. DerryAhmad (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 May 2012)
The older brother, Galaxy Tab 7.7 will be proud of this younger sibling.
25. MC1123 (Posts: 1243; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
so samsung make a move and copy iPad mini's size again huh?
not that im an apple fanboy coz im not but you keep on saying that apple copy android tablet with its iPad mini... apple did say that they will not make one..but technically its steve jobs..not all apple employees! and only steve dont want to have a small iPad..most of the exec want to make one..but he dont want one!
so why you keep on saying that apple copies? but now, its clearly that samsung will copy them..but with much better spec... android are for 7" but apple didnt go there... they make an 8"!
27. Rocksteady (unregistered)
Samsung Galaxy tab 7.7 was there before ipad mini, please get your facts right before blurting stuff.
26. ashb22 (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
Yes please. I need an upgrade to my Galaxy Tab 8.9.
28. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
I want 7.6 screen and octal processors............. waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
29. Planterz (Posts: 898; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I think this might be the perfect screen size for me. I like the Archos Titanium 97, but it might be too big/heavy for what I want. Yet the Nexus 7 seems just a wee bit smaller than I want.
Give me micro SD, expandable storage, OTG capability, and keep it under $300 for a wi-fi version, and this will definitely be a contender for some of my income tax refund.
Side note...it's a nice coincidence that the MWC, with all the upcomming product announcements, happens to be at the same time I expect to get my tax refund.