Is Samsung preparing an 8-inch 1080p full HD Galaxy Tab for MWC?
The 8-inch Galaxy Note previously surfaced as the Samsung GT-N5100 and was said to come with last year’s specs with the assumption that it’d compete in price against the iPad mini.
So, overall, tech specs of the 8-inch Note were said to include an 8-inch 1,280 x 800-pixel screen and an Exynos 4412 chip.
Today however, new sources have dropped their 2 cents on the rumor saying that the device will actually launch as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and feature a 1080p full HD display.
We don’t know which of the rumors to believe, and we wouldn’t be surprised to see both devices announced by Samsung in just over a month. Or none. It’s all still just a rumor.
source: Sammy Hub
24. Nadr1212 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 22:30 0 1
Not terribly interested, but I am currently considering purchasing this product,
IF the specs meets my qualifications
2. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 18 Jan 2013, 09:07 1 0
alright ...if this has a 1080p pannel ill sell my laptop and get one , but then again it will probably be around
$299 wifi only
30. SudoHalt posted on 19 Jan 2013, 10:11 0 0
Sell your laptop for a tablet?! I guess you only use the laptop for web browsing.
4. protozeloz posted on 18 Jan 2013, 09:16 0 0
Question, when R's MWC going to launch? Like the date? I keep forgetting this things
18. TylerGrunter posted on 18 Jan 2013, 15:22 0 0
25 to 28th February, buy you´ll probably get pre-anuncementes from the 22nd or so.
5. Nathan_ingx posted on 18 Jan 2013, 09:28 0 0
Oh my, 7 inch tablets increase in size too...lol.
Won't be too bad...for some, 7 is small and 10 is big...so there's 8!
Tablets coming in sizes for everyone!
6. _Bone_ posted on 18 Jan 2013, 09:46 1 0
Exynos 5, fullHD, SD slot and below $300, I'm buying.
19. TylerGrunter posted on 18 Jan 2013, 15:24 0 0
I doubt that, it most likely be Exynos 4412 to compete in price and save battery. Just my 2 cents.
7. PhoneAddiction posted on 18 Jan 2013, 10:10 1 0
And get rid of that stupid proprietary cable. Make it micro usb and I may consider.
8. hung2900 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 10:14 2 0
Nexus 10 using microUSB cable and the power supply is so weak
22. jade272727 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 18:08 0 0
Mainly because microUSB isn't powerful enough to charge a full sized tablet...
31. SudoHalt posted on 19 Jan 2013, 10:17 0 0
Are you using the charger that comes with the tablet? The charger that comes with phones is usually having a power of 5 watts or even less. Tablet chargers come with a power of 10 Watts, because they have higher current (amperes). You are saving more than double the time when charging using the tablet's charger. But in emergency cases when your tablet charger is not available, a microusb port becomes useful because it is widely used. Better than nothing, isn't it? :-)
11. SleepingOz posted on 18 Jan 2013, 11:45 0 0
What about a fHD AMOLED?
The fact is that AMOLED technology is still young compared to LCD.. =(
20. Berzerk000 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 16:27 0 0
The next Note 10.1 will probably be 2560 x 1600.
12. techguy22 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 12:57 1 0
i would drop my nexus 7 if it has full HD if not nexus 7 is still the winner.
21. Berzerk000 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 16:28 1 0
Or, or... You could wait for the next generation Nexus 7 that will most likely have a FHD display
13. InspectorGadget80 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 13:17 0 1
I'm waiting for the XPERIA TABLET Z. now its the year of 1080P HD SCREENS on TABLETS while the ipad is falling behind
14. GeekMovement posted on 18 Jan 2013, 13:29 0 0
If high end smartphones are starting to use 1080p as standard, tablets should more so use them due to their larger displays.
16. howardbarrett posted on 18 Jan 2013, 14:01 0 0
The screen size of a mass market paperback, plus 1080p for movies.... nice.
17. 7thspaceman posted on 18 Jan 2013, 14:40 0 0
I Pray that Windows 8 is put on this tablet as well as android. Windows 8 is getting the code "Blue update that will enable windows 8 to be able to be put on smaller tablets in fact
HTC later this year is going to have 7 inch Windows tablet up for sale. I hope that windows 8 is on it instead of windows Rt because windows RT is not as popular as FULL windows 8
on tablets at this time. next year when windows Rt tablets have more apps it will take off and sell better.
23. DerryAhmad posted on 18 Jan 2013, 20:49 0 0
The older brother, Galaxy Tab 7.7 will be proud of this younger sibling.
25. MC1123 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 22:49 0 2
so samsung make a move and copy iPad mini's size again huh?
not that im an apple fanboy coz im not but you keep on saying that apple copy android tablet with its iPad mini... apple did say that they will not make one..but technically its steve jobs..not all apple employees! and only steve dont want to have a small iPad..most of the exec want to make one..but he dont want one!
so why you keep on saying that apple copies? but now, its clearly that samsung will copy them..but with much better spec... android are for 7" but apple didnt go there... they make an 8"!
27. Rocksteady posted on 19 Jan 2013, 01:37 0 0
Samsung Galaxy tab 7.7 was there before ipad mini, please get your facts right before blurting stuff.
26. ashb22 posted on 18 Jan 2013, 22:54 0 0
Yes please. I need an upgrade to my Galaxy Tab 8.9.
28. DigitalMD posted on 19 Jan 2013, 07:31 0 0
I want 7.6 screen and octal processors............. waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
29. Planterz posted on 19 Jan 2013, 08:42 0 0
I think this might be the perfect screen size for me. I like the Archos Titanium 97, but it might be too big/heavy for what I want. Yet the Nexus 7 seems just a wee bit smaller than I want.
Give me micro SD, expandable storage, OTG capability, and keep it under $300 for a wi-fi version, and this will definitely be a contender for some of my income tax refund.
Side note...it's a nice coincidence that the MWC, with all the upcomming product announcements, happens to be at the same time I expect to get my tax refund.