Huawei's Windows Phone 8 devices won't be out earlier than Christmas
1. ryq24 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
huawei's phones will be a big threat to nokia and htc coz they are very cheap.
3. StephenGal0p (banned) (Posts: 21; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Hua-what? The unheard company LOL...
Its a bigger threat to Samsung than Huawei since Samsung is iterally flooding the market with cheap ass phones.
8. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Well, Huawei is one of those few Chinies firm that can easily give a good dent to Nokia, HTC and Samsung when it comes to consumer price point. Huawei earns a respectful name in low-price good spec handsets. Not the best but again, someone who wants to buy a WP8 device and doesn't care about all the goodies Nokia and HTC has to offer, Huawei could be their choice.
11. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
hahaha your funny... people will still choose nokia over huawei when they found that it is a chinese company!
a lot of people dont really like buying chinese product!
14. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
I am not funny, I am realistic. There are different people live with different requirements and world is really very big. What I am telling you is what I have seen.
For example me, I will pick Huawei for sure if I just want a budget WindowsPhone 8 and not care about camera and other great innovation Nokia is offering.
Not another example, my friend who works with App developers. Now he is buying cheap phones to check out apps. Recently he bought a cheap china tablet to view apps on Android. He owns a Macbook, Nokia E6 (his primary regular phone), he is looking forward to get an old iPhone for apps and a WindowsPhone too.
I bought a China Android tablet as well to check Android system. I can keep on going with examples. :)
15. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yeah i here yah.. but what im talking about is that huawei want to get head to head with lumia 920, ativ s and 8X which is rediculous!
but if they will concentrate on low end WP they might get some attention!
16. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
and also, i think huawei cant really go to low end like they usually do coz WP only allow qualcomm s4 chips!
but if microsoft will allow the likes of TI, NVIDIA, EXYNOS and even MediaTek chips, then they could really push it to low end!
but as long as microsoft only allow qualcomm, they cant go very low end!
4. satydesh (Posts: 71; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
may not be wp8 runs on qualcom chips and chipset which will be same have same price throughout OEMs.Microsoft charging different licencing fees to OEMs and nokia will get it at least price this means not worry for nokia but other OEMs should!!!
5. No_Nonsense (Posts: 825; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Does Nokia even pay licensing fees to MS?
7. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
i think Microsoft pays Nokia to use their OS lol
2. Cyan3boN (Posts: 418; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
nokia as a loner can push windows phone OS with their exclusivity of some apps, and not to mention their pureview camera.
6. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 190; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
And their exclusive features, apps and support on their devices. I think if anyone wants to get a Windows Phone. He/She should definitely stick to Lumia... unless of course the weight is bothering them which I can understand...
9. darkvadervip (Posts: 242; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
I keep hearing people saying about weight issues. Personally I like the weight of Nokia. I hate my sg3 cheap weight feel. With weight if it slips out your pocket or holder you will notice but light weighted phones get lost easily.
10. speckledapple (Posts: 873; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
They will most likely miss the time period where the major phones are already flying off the shelves.
12. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
they might get a name in low end WP but fighting with lumia 920, 8X and ativ S on their upcoming WP device? really?
first of all, nowbody knows about them! and if they found out that they are chinese products, people might be turn off!
13. StephenGal0p (banned) (Posts: 21; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Yeah, lol.. who wants a Chinese product. The branding matters.