Hot new phones coming to Verizon next month!

This article contains unofficial information.

Hot new phones coming to Verizon next month!
OMNIA
OMNIA

OMNIA

Verizon “Big Red” Wireless wants to be better than Santa and prepares a bunch of hot new phones for the Holidays (scheduled to be released in November), an internal document tells us. We’ve heard about them in earlier rumors, but here is the real deal:

The Samsung OMNIA SCH-i910 looks exactly as the GSM version, with the Widgets on the homescreen and optical mouse between the send and end keys. From the few listed specs it seems to be the same when it comes to features, too. Instead of GSM it is a CDMA/EV-DO phone but also runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional OS and features 5-megapixel camera, 8GB internal memory plus microSD slot, 128MB RAM and GPS (for VZ Navigator). As there is a main menu button on the bottom of the home screen we guess that the Verizon OMNIA will have the same personalized interface as the original.

If you are keen on Windows Mobile but don’t like the OMNIA, don’t worry, Verizon Wireless will spread some HTC magic as well. The CDMA version of the Touch Pro appears as the PCD Raphael C XV6850. We guess that stands for Raphael CDMA (Raphael is the internal name of the Pro) and the carrier will call it Verizon Wireless XV6850, the successor of the XV6800. Features include EV-DO Rev. A support, Windows Mobile 6.1, 3.2MP camera, Wi-Fi, microSD slot and VZ Navigator. We hope we’ll see the TouchFlo 3D interface as well, although it is not shown on the picture.

The third new Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional smartphone is the Samsung Saga SCH-i770. This is the VZW variant of the Epix and will replace the i760 as a CDMA/GSM hybrid (it is quad-band GSM for global roaming). Saga features EV-DO Rev. A, WI-Fi, Bluetooth, microSD and 2MP camera.

XV6850
Saga

XV6850

Saga

Renown
Renown

Renown

Storm

Storm

Oh, it seems Verizon Wireless really is in love with Samsung, doesn’t it? The Korean manufacturer will bring another global phone, supporting both CDMA and quad-band GSM frequencies – the Samsung Renown SCH-U810. It is a clamshell reminding of the Gleam, with 2-megapixel camera, stereo Bluetooth, microSD slot and one of the few to offer Visual Voice Mail.

The document of course displays also the first touchscreen BlackBerry, the Storm.

Which one do you like most? Do you plan on buying for a self-gift for the Holidays? Tell us in the comments section below!

If you have some interesting info that you'd like to share with us, feel free to Tip Us!

I think I'm going to be torn between the Storm and Omnia. From the pictures and specs, I'm loving the Storm so far but Verizon's plans for Blackberry aren't cheap. The Omnia is also looking pretty good too...

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 18:38

i wanna storm your omnia

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 19:23

lol

posted on 25 Oct 2008, 09:42

is the htc touch pro on verizon going to have the touch flo 3d or not ?? this is the make or break question for the lineup. if it does thats my choice, if it doesnt...im going with the storm. any answers ??

posted on 25 Oct 2008, 10:03

LMAO (I want to storm your Omnia) Now thats funny...

posted on 25 Oct 2008, 11:53

96. hehe (unregistered)

it WILL have TouchFlo interface, you will have to activate the feature, i recently had a meeting with an HTC rep and she confirmed that information.

posted on 25 Oct 2008, 20:10

112. Dexter (unregistered)

Really, you're laughing your ass off? That's crazy to me. There's nothing remotely clever about that or funny...wow.

posted on 26 Oct 2008, 12:48

number 119.. your stupid.. your funny.. DEXTER..

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 01:09

verizon's pro is UGLY compare to the sprint one...damn the omnia is going to be the best phone available in a us carrier..when is comes in features that is!!

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 15:40

168. Timfantry (unregistered)

ya i totally agree if not got for storm or even omnia i want pro tho SOON

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 20:17

Nov 17 officeal release of storm

posted on 15 Nov 2008, 10:18

203. hallie9396 (unregistered)

November 17 is the release? I thought it was the 21st. I am dying for it to become available. I am a little torn between the Saga (it isn't attractive, but I love the Epix....I almost switched networks for the Blackjack II...only because I liked how customizable it was right out of the box, and not after 3rd party applications). Let me know if it really is coming out on the 17th. That will make my day! You can write to me at anna.opal1203@comcast.net. Thanks...

posted on 15 Nov 2008, 10:20

204. hallie9396 (unregistered)

oh...sorry. I just noticed the date of your post. I am assuming that the 21st, which is posted all over the place, is correct.

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 10:46

2. Mozy (unregistered)

Amazing - Verizon goes from no good smart phones to 3 of the best (Storm, Omnia, and Touch Pro) in one month. Now I got to decide which one to get!

posted on 25 Oct 2008, 09:08

85. LexLuthor (unregistered)

Are we really supposed to get all excited for these yet. For all we know, couldn't this memo be from 3 months ago and things have since been significantly delayed? It wouldn't surprise me if the Onmia, Touch Pro and i770 all weren't available in November.

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 10:47

The Omnia looks amazing!

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 10:59

I must be dreaming and if so i do not wanna wake up! Verizon is really stepping up to the plate with this line up. Having the best network in the states and now with the best phones out, plus the storm still to come, who can resist not being part of the big red family? It's a no brainer!!!

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 11:18

Well, I can get better smartphones (Fuze a.k.a. Touch Pro, iPhone 3G, or nearly any unlocked GSM/UMTS/W-CDMA smartphone) from AT&T or get either the Diamond, Touch Pro, or 2009 Google Android phone from Sprint with cheaper plans, with slightly better coverage in my area vs. Verizon. I could also go with T-Mobile for their new upcoming Samsung touchscreen device, G1, or any unlocked quad-band GSM smartphone for much cheaper than VZW (and T-Mobile in my area matches Sprint and Verizon for coverage). Those are the reasons why I can resist the Big Red family, by not being a mindless drone and realizing the offerings and coverage of all carriers around me.

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 11:50

Are you freaking kidding me!? You named all these cool smart phones from other companies, but honestly what's a good phone with out the network? Don't try to make it look like t-mobile, sprint or even worse at&t can even come close to the best network in VERIZON. The BIG RED baby is the answer! ;)

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 11:51

except when you travel anywhere and that sprint coverage goes to crap... and att coverage as far as that high speed stuff goes, because god know you want a smartphone thats faster than dial up, absolutely sucks!! T-mobile from what i know from friends isnt a horrible company but they are limited due to availability of high speed(3g)... they just got in the game kind of late but they seem to take care of their customers.... I have had sprint service and my best friend/roommate had att until about six months ago... Your reference to being a mindless drone is just insane jealously... it angers you that so many people like verizon and it is simply because verizon has great customer service and coverage.. if their is a problem they take care of it.. everytime so yes many of us are loyal

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 12:24

Do any of the Verizon fans here have evidence that Verizon is the best carrier for EVERY person in this nation? Don't cite JD Power, because that study doesn't apply to EVERY customer in the US. It's just a statistical study that is based on a sample of the whole population. I just want a phone that can make good calls in the Philly area, and that replaces my home phone. I have had excellent experience with Verizon's coverage, but I don't like the plans. It's the only carrier not to have an option for nights and weekends after 7 pm. Also, does not have rollover like AT&T. So, even with the 900 minute plan with Verizon, I could potentially go over my max and pay crappy penalties if I talk too much at home. I don't want to wait until 9 pm to talk. And I don't want to pay more than $60/month. With AT&T or Sprint, if I make calls after 6 or 7 pm, then they're free. I don't mind dropping a call here or there if I can pay a better price. Verizon guys- any suggestions? I'm off contract and looking to get a new phone. AT&T or Sprint guys- is the service good in Philly?

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 13:10

My extended family all use Verizon in the Philly area, and I've never noticed dropped calls, or heard any of them complain. I think some of the different stores give you a trial period, so that'd be your best bet to find the best network for YOU.

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 13:20

24. yo adrian (unregistered)

k no one asked you youre options in which phone company you want. if you dont want verizon, get a life and find another forum. please and thank you

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 13:56

29. #17 (unregistered)

#23- thanks for the suggestion. Appreciate it. "yo adrian"- not sure if you're referring to me (I wrote comment #17), but some people on this forum want unbiased advice about cell phone carriers. No need to be critical. A helpful response would be more appreciated. Thanks.

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 14:36

35. seanh1231 (unregistered)

I find it funny that there are so many people who are completely unwilling to accept that, while VZW does have an excellent network in a great deal of places, they are simply not the best EVERYWHERE, nor is their customer service any better than any other company's (excluding Sprint, who has generally poor customer service, at lest in my experience). Where I am, VZW drops calls on a regular basis, not to mention their customer service is the closest thing to horrible in my area. As I said before, VZW is an excellent company with an undeniably fantastic network in many, many locations, however there are places where the other carriers top them (especially ATT, and often times Alltel(until their acquisition is complete at least)). For what it's worth, I am a VZW customer at the moment, however I will not be for much longer as their coverage on my school's campus is very unreliable, whereas ATT and Sprint have quite impressive networks here. And THAT is an unbiased opinion about VZW from a current VZW customer who realizes that there is no single carrier that is best EVERYWHERE.

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 15:16

you must be an iphone follower. Why don't you then go to at&t. If ur willing to give a phone for a network then it's ur loss.

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 15:54

I have Sprint and I work and live in Philly. I don't have any complaints about my voice or data coverage at all. I think AT&T is pretty good here too, but I would take the nights at 7 standard over the rollover. I think AT&T charges $9 a month for nights at 7.

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 16:05

46. seanh1231 (unregistered)

Actually no, I'm going to ATT because VZW drops calls constantly at my school, which is where I am 99% of the time. Clearly you did not read my post or else you would have seen that I explained that very explicitly. And if you must know a**hole, I'm getting the Fuze (Touch Pro) when I switch to ATT. The iPhone is nothing special and I have no interest in it. How on Earth did you come to the conclusion that I'm after the iPhone? I suggest you learn to read.

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 18:18

i love the idiots that say i can get this unlocked or that jail broken. for those slow people out there we are talking bout phones from a specific company that works great with that service. not oooo this company is great cause i can ghetto rig a phone that wasnt even made for them

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 19:34

Thanks seanh1231 and #47. Appreciate the helpful and cogent suggestions.

posted on 25 Oct 2008, 09:16

you do realize roll over minutes are just a way to get you to keep a plan that you dont need right? If you have more than a few extra minutes a month, you could probably be on a lower plan. ive seen people with 2 and 3k worth of roll over.. that does nothing for you, they dissapear after a year, and for that whole year you have been being ripped off and over paying for what you use. yay for roll over ?

posted on 25 Oct 2008, 09:44

Yep, rollover is an awesome marketing plan though. There are some exceptions, but most people don't use it. Still, the customers who have it and never use it always act like they have something valuable. They go "but I have 1500 rollover minutes" and I'm all like "Does AT&T have a catalog or something where you can cash them in for prizes? 'Cause you're certainly not using them." The fact that the customers feel it has value is what's important though.

posted on 25 Oct 2008, 10:40

new plans coming out next month!

posted on 25 Oct 2008, 14:35

Really..... Love to hear about them.....

posted on 25 Oct 2008, 20:49

No one can say that one carrier is the best for EVERY person in this nation. It just is not true nor will it ever be true. Philly is a large metro area so most the big two, Verizon and AT&T should be fine for you. Rollover and early nights and weekends are just gimicks. I think you should check your bills over the past month and see if either rollover and early nights and weekends would have helped you. With that information in hand you should be able to make a more informed decision.

posted on 26 Oct 2008, 18:05

with at&t if you change anything you lose your roll over minutes just to let you know

posted on 26 Oct 2008, 18:08

why dont you try trouble shooting your phone getting things updated that may help

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 10:51

You could do all those things, plus you can take them all and cram them up your ass. You've proved your "google" knowledge on phones, whoopidy doo. How bout service + kick a$$ phones? Well sprint and this bla bla bla and AT&T bla bla bla and android google bla bla bla.

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 14:56

166. VzW CsR (unregistered)

check this out everybody to each is owen yeah verizon has the best network but it does not work every where i was in atl ga and my phone was right next to me and it did not ring but it would let me know when i had a voicemail and i work for them to at&t is not much better they have alot of hidden charges and sprint/nextel i wont even go there with yall t-moblie is cool they just have better data plans and my real thought is they all suck at one point in time but i will say this why get a pda phone that u cant put "insurance" on u would have to buy that phone at fullretail that is not cool for a customer to respend fulretail price for a phone and u cant even put "INSURANCE" on so u take ur opinion and tell me what u think about that has have to be the worst shit i have every heard of u cant put phone "INSURANCE" on sorry ass "IPHONE"

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 20:46

Att/Cingular has one of the worst networks that is why it crashed when people try to activate the iphone. I have been a verizon customer for 6 years and they have the best network. Customer service can be hard sometimes as I tried Att for 1 year hate it we spend about 4000 minutes a month between 4 people and get dropped calls all the time and sometimes can't even make a call and other att people we spoke say the same. ATT Sucks

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 02:50

are you serious? "Don't cite JD Power, because that study doesn't apply to EVERY customer in the US. It's just a statistical study that is based on a sample of the whole population." do you even understand statistics and population sampling works? take a college course in basic statistics for christ's sake, it's free just show up to the lecture. better yet, google it you won't even have to leave your armchair-expert seat. a sample of the population done correctly will cover opinions of the whole population very accurately.

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 15:07

#186- Since I have taken many epidemiology and statistics courses throughout my training in med school, residency, and fellowship over the past 10 years, including an additional degree in stats and epi over the past 2 years, I am not interested in taking a "college course in basic statistics for christ's sake" or "better yet, google it" as you suggested. But, I do appreciate your comments and I agree with you that "a sample of the population done correctly will cover opinions of the whole population very accurately". But I still stand by my statement that the "study doesn't apply to EVERY customer in the US". If you want to test a hypothesis in a population (in this case, the quality of the cellular phone service in the United States), the sample taken of cellular phone service quality needs to be representative of the United States as a whole. I'm sure JD Power did a good job with sampling to make it fairly representative of the US, though I still believe that statistical studies CANNOT apply to EVERY single person in the US (i.e. cannot be externally valid to EVERY person in the US). The only way to determine what is going on with EVERY person is to survey EVERY person in the US and report the results (i.e. complete enumeration). My point was that the I don't believe that the results of this SINGLE study (or ANY single study) applies to EVERY person in the US. Simply put, there are some people who's personal cell phone service history doesn't agree with the JD Power study.

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 15:08

181. #17 (unregistered)

#93, #96, #143- Thanks for info regarding rollover. -------------------------------------------------------------- #123- "Rollover and early nights and weekends are just gimicks. I think you should check your bills over the past month and see if either rollover and early nights and weekends would have helped you. With that information in hand you should be able to make a more informed decision." Thanks for the info. I think you may be correct. I looked at my bills for the past 6 months. I have N&W after 7 pm, and it hasn't really helped me. I guess having an adequate number of anytime minutes is more important, to prevent being overcharged at a high rate.

posted on 29 Oct 2008, 10:38

185. Verizon_Guy (unregistered)

I dont know if you knew this, but if you do see your getting close to going over your mins, or are over, you can add like 500 min or something for $10.00. And Verizon Business plans have My Circle type plans where you pick 5 numbers you can call for free on any network. Verizon also offers the most discounts then any other cell network in America. Like Post Office workers ect.

posted on 03 Nov 2008, 03:52

198. Tpimp (unregistered)

Yeah I have evidence. Verizon is going to allow me to use a Sprint Touch pro on my Verizon contract. Then I will have the best smart phone (not crippled verizon version) on the best network (it just is). Oh and A++ customer service does keep people coming back, I'm not leaving for a phone. Its coming to me!!!

posted on 26 Nov 2008, 02:17

Dont forget about unlimited IN calling.

posted on 21 Dec 2008, 17:54

209. ICanAffordVZW (Posts: 123; Member since: 15 Dec 2008)

are you really suggesting the VZW doesnt work in ATL??

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 11:15

im so glad this article came out i was just about to preorder my storm today but not it's OMNIA all the way

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 14:45

38. Anonymous24 (unregistered)

How do you preorder Storm today? I want that phone so bad!

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 23:11

u can go to the store and pre-order

posted on 26 Oct 2008, 17:12

No you can't. There is no reason to go into the store asking about it. The best thing to do is go to verizonwireless.com/storm and register for updates when new info comes out about it. You cannot preorder the phone in the store.

posted on 28 Oct 2008, 20:20

If you are a business customer you might be able to get it the first week of Nov as the official release date is the 17th. I'm on the works on getting mine.

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 11:16

Verizon still needs to get in with the iPhone. It's also not clear that the ATT Fuze and the VZW Rafael versions of the HTC Touch Pro will be enabled for the same suite of features. With these choices and the best network THEN VZW will have "won".

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 11:43

10. sinfulta (unregistered)

Your statement sounds really bitter from someone reading it from the outside. Can't anyone just be happy for big red releasing a Very good lineup for the holidays? That is a pretty good lineup including the storm which will all be available before or around thanksgiving. Pretty amazing to me. The storm is launching with 1gig of internal memory, 3.2MP Camera w/Video. Visual Voice Mail, Bluetooth 2.0, Nav Capable, Documents to go, GSM GLobal Support pack, All Global Adapters, an pre-installed (But still removeable) 8 Gig Memory card, and I think the only phone on the market with Septuple bands. Yes I said Septuple, It's a word, look it up. GSM: 800/900/1800/1900/2100, CDMA: 800/1900, UTMS/HSDPA/HSUPA/GSM/GPRS/EDGE/1XRTT/EVDO/EVDO-RevA. I don't know about you. But I don't know any other phone that will have all that capability and launch for $199.99. I don't know what else you would want? Some of you people are never happy.

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 19:35

Where did you see pricing for the Storm? I haven't seen any official pricing on it anywhere yet, and with it being a Global phone and it includes an 8 gig micro sd card I imagine it would cost more than that $199.99. It would be pretty tits if it did though.

posted on 25 Oct 2008, 05:04

82. sinfulta (unregistered)

If you signed up for email alerts atwww.verizonwireless.com/storm. They sent a email to everyone a few days ago that the phone should launch at $269.99, with a $70 Mail in Rebate. So $199.99.

posted on 27 Oct 2008, 08:28

that's awesome news. i had not signed up for email alerts, but am happy you did!

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 11:31

8. elgee02 (unregistered)

That Omnia looks sick especially with that 5mp camera, but I am still getting the Storm when it launches.

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 11:41

9. dglove (unregistered)

I'm definitely going to choose between the Storm, Omnia, and the Touch Pro.

posted on 24 Oct 2008, 11:48

Dang! I can't decide between the the Storm, Omnia, or waiting for the Touch Diamond. I wish the Touch Diamond was comming out at the same time.