Here's how you may be able to differentiate a real iPhone 6 from a fake / dummy unit
Since we’re still one week away from Apple’s iPhone 6 and iWatch event, this whole madness will undoubtedly continue. But is there any way to tell a fake iPhone from the real thing, even though only Apple knows for sure what the real thing is? Well, there might be one.
Well-connected French blogger Steve Hemmerstoffer recently posted an image that allegedly lets us differentiate a true iPhone 6 from clones (like the GooPhone i6), dummy units, or fakes - based on the position and size of the front-facing camera and sensors. Of course, we’re well aware of the fact that fake iPhones which perfectly mimic the real handset can also show up. But this image - seen below - can still be helpful in navigating through the ocean of leaks until Apple finally puts an end to all this by unveiling the real iPhone 6.
As you almost surely know, Apple should announce two new iPhone 6 models, both larger than any of the company's previous handsets: a 4.7-inch model, and a 5.5-inch one. Different sizes aside, the two smartphones will likely have the same design.
source: Steve Hemmerstoffer (Twitter)
1. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
I think china clones itself in future
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
iPA is the only dummy around here
8. remtothemax (Posts: 239; Member since: 02 May 2012)
...if you feel this why, why do you even bother coming here?
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 12618; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said, there's several other tech sites to browse. +1
16. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
No difference there, too. -1
19. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3302; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
PA sucks that's why we love it lol. Plus the super annoying community which we all love.
2. Planterz (Posts: 1080; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
How motherfornicatilyng dumb do you have to be to accidentally buy a fake iPhone?
Are you overpyaing on Apple's website? Are you overpyaing on Amazon? Are you overpaying from your provider's website or brick-and-mortar store or a national retailer like Wal*Mart or Best Buy?
Then you're buying a real iPOS.
If you're looking at aliexpress, eBay, or craigslist and the price is too good to be true, then it's a fake.
3. Florin.T (Posts: 128; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
This article isn't exactly about telling a fake iPhone from a real one when you'll be buying it, but about differentiating them now, before Apple announces the real thing.
5. Planterz (Posts: 1080; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
In that case, it's a good PSA for trigger-happy "journalists" and websites that are all too quick to post BS leaks and useless "concept renders" (PA included). There's entirely too much unsubstantiated "reporting" on stuff like the iPhone 6, Note 4, Nexus Shamu, and other devices by "journalists" that are either too lazy to check their sources and do research, or simply don't care and just want to make an article to generate views and advertising income.
9. Stagueve (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
200% agreed. That's exactly the reason why I decided to make this little guide ;)
10. xondk (Posts: 177; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Was wondering, could you explain in detail what it is you find ugly about bezels? They make sense to me and I don't really notice them on any of my phones, never understood this hate bezels thing people are using of late?
17. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
All is about increasing unnecessarily the size of the phone.
Well, I agree that there must be some bezels, though. But those are HUGE!!!!!!!!!
12. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Good article... iOS users have been known to buy anything in a apple logo box lol
20. bob_monkeywarts (Posts: 208; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
They do? It all makes sense now...
15. D.Lamore (Posts: 196; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
Its been all about the logo, but people don't give a f¥€k anymore. The logo has lost its relevance, thank goodness the world is developing
18. aba71983 (Posts: 539; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
If you can't differentiate the original iPhone, then you just born yesterday.