HTC prices its Thunderbolt at $699 without a contract
Now another date for this much-anticipated handset is available - March 4 - and there is official information how much this phone is going to cost if you buy it directly from the Taiwanese manufacturer.
Although it's now removed, we have a screenshot showing that the HTC ThunderBolt will have a $699 price without a contract when it's available for sale, but it's important to know this may change eventually.
If this is its final price, though, it will make the HTC ThunderBolt one of the most expensive smartphones, which also explains its expected high price with a contract - it is rumoured to be $249.99.
Is this is a fair price for the new HTC flagship smartphone?
source: HTC via Phandroid
2. kmee (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 10:00 2 4
When it comes in europe?
23. HTC (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 19:52 1 0
3. Tottenham posted on 28 Feb 2011, 10:27 3 3
Best Buy has listed for $299.99 with a 2 year contract. It would be really sweet if VZW offered it for $50 less.
7. Tottenham posted on 28 Feb 2011, 11:51 3 3
Don't know what your source is Mr. Suck, but the $299 price comes from yesterday's BB Sunday paper circular. I'm on the VZW notification list, but I have yet to receive anything from them indicating price (or date of availability).
4. snowgator posted on 28 Feb 2011, 10:51 3 5
It is a fine price- so long as the problems which have caused it's delay are fixed. I would really consider waiting on this purchase, it was supposed to be out in the beginning of Feb, and now it is still "rumored" for March 4? I trust HTC to put out a great product, but there are a lot of red flags with this launch.
5. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 28 Feb 2011, 11:08 3 3
If you are setting up a new account, you can probably get this from amazonwireless.com for 200 or less even.
8. firstname.lastname@example.org (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 12:15 3 3
One reason for its high price is that it comes with a 32gb microSD card pre-installed and those cards are quite expensive, they cost more than getting two 16gb cards separatedly.
9. snowgator posted on 28 Feb 2011, 13:40 3 3
Wow. That is a lot of thumbs down. Someone really, really just disagrees with everyone.
24. ilikeRED (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 19:54 2 0
Somebody is stupid! Although it's kinda cute, adds some color to page ;)
10. mr. droid posted on 28 Feb 2011, 14:07 0 6
all of you *people* (and i have a hard time even calling you that) need to grow up and get a life. for god sakes its a freakin cell phone!! nothing less and CERTAINLY nothing more! why do you all get your diapers in a bunch here?? who cares about the memory card, the contract price- which you will see soon enough, so just WAIT!
I have NEVER in my life seen such drama queens over something so insignificant.
iPhone is going to blow this thing away anyways.
13. Tottenham posted on 28 Feb 2011, 14:36 2 2
And yet, you seem to have enough interest in the subject to read the article AND take the time to post a response. You appear to have an obvious bias to Apple products, so why are you even taking up space on this commentary?
14. mr. droid posted on 28 Feb 2011, 14:41 1 4
because its funny to see so many people with so little in their lives.
15. Tottenham posted on 28 Feb 2011, 14:52 2 2
Again, you obviously appear to have a life that is as "unfulfilled" as those you criticize.
16. mr. droid posted on 28 Feb 2011, 15:06 1 4
likewise. since you commented.
25. ilikeRED (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 19:56 2 1
11. luis_lopez_351 posted on 28 Feb 2011, 14:28 1 4
:) we should stop the arguments on phonearena :D by thumbing down all comments including mine :) i hate ridiculous people spamming phonearena with their comments that will never make a difference -__- remember thumbs down EVERYONE
17. htc incredible (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 15:34 2 2
well i went to pre order it at my best buy and they had the new mobile catalog sitting out and it says best buy will be selling it for 299.99 so i would probably go with that price
18. downphoenix posted on 28 Feb 2011, 17:00 1 2
Only 250$ more than an Evo, even though its just an Evo with an LTE instead of Wimax chip and updated snapdragon processor.
Good fail verizon, good fail!
19. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 28 Feb 2011, 17:50 4 0
Hardly. You are getting 40 GBs of memory vs EVO's 9. You are getting 768 of ram vs EVO's 512. Super LCD vs Evo's regular and yes theres a big difference. It might not be up to par with the super amoled but it's a much needed improvement.
I have seen comparisons of the EVO vs the Thunderbolt. All of the tests run show the Thunderbolt gets way higher scores and even with heavy html and heavy flash websites, the thunderbolt can handle them with ease. It might not be dual core, but it runs very fast.
27. joey18 posted on 01 Mar 2011, 10:15 1 0
699 full price 199 contract termination fet 350 i get on craigslist 3 months for 200