HTC ThunderBolt is in transit to Verizon stores
But we're inclined to believe the tip, as recent evidence has pointed to either a March 4th or March 10th release date. Earlier rumors suggested that the delay was due to battery and radio issues. Considering that this is Verizon's first LTE-enabled smartphone, we understand they want it to be perfect. A bug-ridden release could really damage Verizon's LTE efforts.
Others speculated that the ThunderBolt's delay was an effort to bolster Verizon's iPhone 4 sales. That seems logical enough. The release of a Verizon iPhone and their first LTE handset are the largest landmarks in Verizon's recent history. On a practical note, advertising both devices at once might simply confuse their potential customers. So who's on the pre-order list?
1. verizonwireless808 (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 03:37 3
HTC said the HTC thunderbolt needs to be fixed . they did a recall on the phone. then they said verizonwireless going to send the phone out. when its ready. anytime from the 1st to the 25th .
15. Lucas777 posted on 28 Feb 2011, 16:39 0
why did i see an add in the sunday paper for this phone at best buy... they priced it at 299 with contract saying it was worth 750... seemed a but much
2. ernova2112 (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 05:28 1
Got my preorder deposit back.... ain't worth the speculation ... they made me wait ..now I'll take my time to see what this phone is really about.
3. ey yi yi (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 08:11 2
funny, the picture has the thunderbolt plugged in....charging.....
5. Rich (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 08:29 1
I have my upgrade the 13th... so perfect time to read for a few days after the release. Barring anything drastic, im on the order list!
6. vzw salesrep (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 10:06 3
I work for verizon and the only issue holding this phone back is and issue with skype. So nothing huge is wrong with the phone. They just want that to be one of the apps that works flawlessly when the phone launches. as far as dates they have yet to tell us anything. the only way i know about the skype issue is because my regional data specialist had the phone the other day and was telling me about it. phone seems to work great though!
7. angelo (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 11:55 0
i appreciate the honesty vzw sales rep
17. BIG T (unregistered) posted on 01 Mar 2011, 03:16 0
thanks for letting us all no the truth because no of us really know.
8. thunderbolt (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 12:19 3
the thunderbolt batteries life sucks not worth having that phone . start updating the batteries not the phones. in Japan they have full r7 batteries that last 24 of full movies. why have a phone that you have to charge ever 1hr . come on phone makers. do your jobs. make something worth having .
9. BIG RED #1 (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 12:22 0
what it do baby boo
10. BIG RED #1 (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 12:23 3
11. joe786 (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 12:43 2
Thnuderbolt rocks..its been posponed..by Summertime Tmo/Verizon would have released at least 15 mixed devices..whos gonna care about a 4.3 "lugging around" screen
13. bwahahaha (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 15:23 1
So my dad...the ceo of verizon says the phone will be released in november...november 22nd to be exact and that it will be 3G with a tape deck in the back of it
16. The Ghost of Leonidas (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2011, 17:54 1
THE PERSIANS ARE THE CAUSE OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE MUST STAND AGAINST THEM AND RECOVER ZEUS'S MIGHTY HTC THUNDERBOLT. LET US ALL STAND TOGETHER AS ONE IMPENETRABLE UNIT AND PROVE TO THOSE SLAVISH DOGS THAT THE MIGHT OF FEW WILL DEFEAT THE CORPORATION OF MANY. WE SHALL RECOVER THE POWER OF THE FREE MEN AND FORCE THEM TO UNLEASH THE THUNDERBOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19. thissucks (unregistered) posted on 02 Mar 2011, 11:00 0
just heard the htc thunderbolt has been pushed back to april now since htc doens't have enough manufactured due to high demand so they are doing this to prevent so many backorders... gaaaaaaaaaaaay
20. T (unregistered) posted on 04 Mar 2011, 09:54 0
I hope they don't puch this phone back till April. If they do, I will just wait until the Bionic come out.