Google stock closes at another all-time high
1. jroc74 (Posts: 6004; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Of course, Google pushing close to 900 a share won't be the bigger story. Amazing for Google considering where they started and what they do.
2. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Congrats to Google. That's how you do it Apple, INNOVATE.
4. Aeires (unregistered)
Considering how much they give away for free, that's awesome.
5. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
What they're giving away, isn't really a loss.
They break even on tangible stuff, then gain from their services.
20. bucky (Posts: 2491; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
You think they're giving away for free. Google will continue to gather every bit of information about everyone they can-that's where the real money is.....nothing is free.
13. moroninc (Posts: 193; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
yeah they make almost nothing out of the hardware (AKA Nexus). Kudos
6. Whateverman (Posts: 3253; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Wow, wish I had gotten in on some of that back in the day. Congrats Google!
8. hitmantb (Posts: 76; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
The writers on Phone Arena have no idea how stock market works.
The stock price itself has nothing to do with how much a company is worth. Apple even after the recent losses is significantly more valuable than Google as a company. Heck Microsoft at $32 is worth as much as Google.
It is called the market cap, look it up. You can either have 1 share of your stock at $100000 or 10000 shares at $10, it is the same thing.
11. tedkord (Posts: 10927; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Another way in which the stock market works is fluctuations in share price based on public perception of the company's performance. In the case of tech companies, perception of innovation. Now, which company does the public see innovation from the past year?
19. Hemlocke (unregistered)
"Public perception"? It is supposed to be based on tangibles like performance, but it hasn't been for years because the traders and Wall Street firms don't mind gambling with the money of others. All you need to do is look at the last few years. Any market that rewards the likes of Google and Amazon for "perception" is doing investors a grave disservice. Google's O/E isn't bad, but it is nowhere nea4 Apple's, and Amazon's just sucks. P/E used to be important, but why bother investing based onmeasurables when bailouts are around every corner .
24. tedkord (Posts: 10927; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Its perception of innovation. In that regard, Apple has looked stagnant the last 3 years, while Google hasn't
You can go all the way back to the internet bubble in the 90s to know that stock price has no basis in the real world. Its all perception. When a company reports billions in net profit for a single quarter, and the market punishes it, something stinks.
18. jroc74 (Posts: 6004; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Seems you have no idea how to read an entire article....
Its in the very last paragraph.....kinda hard to miss unless you dont read the whole article....
9. yyuu1000 (Posts: 205; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
watch an apple troll is going to comment something bad
21. bucky (Posts: 2491; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Not likely, it's pretty obvious this site is full of android fans.
16. mydi.maus (unregistered)
ok GOOGLE it time to release NEXUS 5.
23. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Congratulations Google! You deserve it! See Apple, see why Google is better than you, because they have INNOVATION!
Congrats to Google! :D
25. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
If you support PIRACY like google does then you will make some money....