Ford Sync ditching Microsoft for BlackBerry, not Apple or Google
1. x78_nothing (Posts: 53; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Another sign, BB is very poor in marketing field. Unlike BB10 and smartphone, the QNX is very strong in car system area.
7. tuminatr (Posts: 715; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
your right and americans respond to maeketing more than the truth
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
That's why theya are eating by Ancel Keys rule -- Low Fat -- and growing fatter by the day.
14. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
this comment is somewhat of a non-sequitur
2. lucid.brat (Posts: 104; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Not mobile world bt atleast automobile world has bought little joy to blackberry
3. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Good news for BB!!!
And, what MS deserves for not innovating in this area...
4. sprockkets (Posts: 1453; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I think MS had another chance to deliver a stable solution for Ford's cars. Instead we heard problem after problem with it.
I seen it work fine though myself. But Ford paid dearly for it.
I don't know why anyone would go for apple's solution, as I fear it will only work with their crappy devices. Have no idea what to worry about with google's setup.
5. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
Michael, Blackberry's QNX is huge in the automotive field, in Hospitals, in Parking Meters and NASA computer systems. Marketed correctly and building on these strengths and others it has, Blackberry could be a serious force with some serious market share. BB just needs better marketing to get the word out.
Hey Blackberry!!... If you're reading... I can start immediately!
6. axllebeer (Posts: 266; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
Glad to see this. BlackBerry needed a win.
9. PBXtech (Posts: 994; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Less expensive and more reliable, two terms no manufacturer wants their product compared to.
13. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 168; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
BB QNX is on a lot more car brands than is listed in this blog piece.
15. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I thought Microsoft originally developed the Ford SYNC system and the subsequent software development was turned over to Ford. I could be wrong, but I do believe that is the case. I think that is why it so bad. Wouldn't be out the realm of possibility for Ford to loop Microsoft into the blame.
They probably are paying licensing fees for the underlying Microsoft OS that they want to save money on. That's a lot of money when you sell that many cars. Blackberry's QNX operating system is probably a lot cheaper.