Apple iPhone SE TouchID is the same as in 5s, slower than iPhone 6s fingerprint sensor
1. Neros (Posts: 1016; Member since: 19 Dec 2014)
Maybe it's a software thing. It might still not be entirely finalised.
3. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 1163; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
This phone has literally no competition nor rivals, you barely find 4-inch Android phone that has following characteristics:
Width less than 60mm (one hand friendly)
A9 chips equivalent (Snapdragon820)
Apple pay equivalent
4k video shooting camera
If you're complaining this features I would says good luck to find the 4 inch phone with fingerprint scanner alternative.
8. SamDH1 (Posts: 419; Member since: 21 Apr 2015)
Agreed, but that doesn't mean people will buy it, just because it's an empty market. It seems the market died; people are loving their 4.7inch + devices after being 'forced' into it by every manufacturer. It'll be interesting to see if 4 inch does gain a large following again, but I doubt it.
10. grbrao (Posts: 290; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
No matter how hard you try, ifans will never learn and apple will never innovate again..........
17. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 1163; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
2 reasons that proof you're dead wrong
1. you have underestimate the power of niche market. In case you haven't go to Japan, they love 'remake' version, every fanboy I can bet. If they able to buy $400 for a clamshell phone with just 512MB ram and 2GB storage, I don't see why not they flood into this.
2. You have underestimate the power of Apple marketing strategies. Go surf Apple. com and check the price. You will notice iPhone se 64GB cost as same as iPhone 6 16GB. Apple price it on purpose. To those budget buyer, why entertain a phone that just A8 chips 8mp camera when you can sacrifice big screen for a 12mp A9 chip yet 4x the storage size. Obviously Apple is lurking some animal for the 4 inch version.
You don't realize this because your hatred has covered your vision on why Apple done this
23. ibend (Posts: 4803; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
1. Japanese always have room for clamshell phone, they just like that form factor, and most of them have clamshell phone as secondary mobile phone.. but, iPhone SE isnt clamshell phone
2. lets just see if this 4incher sell well, or not
27. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 1163; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
You hit another reasons to get iPhone se, secondary mobile phone...
Two-phone holders can easily get iPhone se simply because it weight less. 2 large phone can simply weight almost 400g and turns your pockets into a pair of testicles.
Clamshell phone in Japan called as 'keitai' for a reasons, not because its form factor, but simply it's keitai (compact) and light to hold. Again a niche is a niche. You don't expect judge your opinion against silent minority.
33. SamDH1 (Posts: 419; Member since: 21 Apr 2015)
Why would you get two phones? A lot of Androids offer the ability to hold two sim cards. So why bother getting two phones, or carry around two phones? You seem to be fixed about the Japanese and clamshell. But the iPhone SE isn't a clamshell, so I don't know why you are bringing that up for a reason for people to buy the iPhone SE?
24. SamDH1 (Posts: 419; Member since: 21 Apr 2015)
Okay. There's no hatred, I just said that I'm interested to see if it sells well. They are not reasons that I'm dead wrong. There is zero proof that I'm dead wrong, you have just speculated possible reasons why it *might* sell well. Stop fan girling please.
41. Mrmark (Posts: 281; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
There are a lot of 5 and 5S phone still being used so the 4 inch market is not dead yet.
11. nebula (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
I don't think you will find many android users wanting 4". SE is more like overprised decent retro car. They had market for 4" they abandoned it they came back. Alternative is here Nexus 5x beats in low light, has larger and better resolution decent dipslay. Has more memory than basic SE is a lot cheaper, low light is better, FP scanner is better and faster. SE is way overpriced phone thats what it is.
12. iKamalkandel (Posts: 30; Member since: 06 Sep 2014)
The closest one that Android has to offer in same range is Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. Head to head.
16. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
Android OEMs are not fosusing phones of such a small footprint.
Even Z5 Compact is significantly bigger thab iPhone SE.
45. marorun (Posts: 3758; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
adreno do you need glasses?
127 X 65 X 8.9 mm ( Sony Z5 compact) 123.8 X 58.6 X 7.6 ( iphone 5SE)
not thats much bigger for a phone overall better in mostly all aspect.
15. xondk (Posts: 1466; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
4 inch phones aren't really that sought after any more last I checked, by some, sure, but I know people that have adapted and are now enjoying larger phones, and feel they are better, it just took them a while to get used to it, yes they might not be greater for one hand use, but generally they agree that being able to use it in one hand leads to many distracting moments because you "think" you can do more things at one time, and then that causes issues.
And lets face it, people in general aren't great when they are trying to walk on a sidewalk and use their phone at the same time. So maybe it is a good thing phones are beyond 4 inches, because it makes people have to stop and focus on them if they want to do something easily? and is that really a bad thing? is one hand use really an advantage?
31. Djz89 (Posts: 315; Member since: 25 Aug 2014)
That is true, but i read a while ago that sony was making a xperia mini with 4 inch screen. Nothing official, but i am sure i read it somewhere.
32. uggman (Posts: 56; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
this is amazing, if this were an android phone everyone would be killing it, but since it has a biten apple in the back its the best phone at 4", first of the screen is too small for today standars, the fingerprint scanner they use is the same one in the older 5S and nobody saw this as a cost cut from apple they even say nice things about old hardware, its a nice looking phone with compromises and at 400 and 500 bucks they are a little too expensive they should be 100$ less to make them more appealing.
36. jpvala (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
That's true this phone literary has no competition nor rivals cause they are not gonna sell well outside of US.
Because except US apples pricing are too coastly for such a device. For example Apple just announced they will sell the base model of iPhone SE at $584.
With such a steep price the phone is dangerously close to the other android flagships and even the iPhone 6 which is just $20 more coastlier then iPhone SE.
39. jpvala (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
Apple just announced they will sell the base model of iPhone SE at $584 in India.
44. marorun (Posts: 3758; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Nope i found one with 4.6 inch at 65 mm wich is negligible difference in size.
SD810 wich make it as smooth using as the 6S ( benchmark may be better on A9 but real life performance is more important and its still run everything whitout lag )
I dont give a f**k about Apple pay and other mobile payement platform i am fine with my normal cards.
Its shoot 4k video.
Also have finger print scanner.
Its called Xparia Z5 compact.
sony always made great mini and compact device.
46. Doakie (Posts: 2070; Member since: 06 May 2009)
This is the stupidest phone I've heard of in months. They're taking a three and a half year old design, plopping a newer processor and camera in it and you fools are salivating.
You know how pissed everyone would be if Samsung released a Galaxy S 3 with brand new processor and camera as a brand new Galaxy SE? You Apple Fools would be up in arms with pitchforks talking about how stupid Samsung is yet once your favorite fruity company repackages old junk with a couple new features you guys praise them bringing back something you've been wanting for years. So freaking dumb. Apple sure knows how to print money. Same body as the iPhone 5S, same fingerprint scanner, no physical upgrades, and you'll buy it.
4. SamDH1 (Posts: 419; Member since: 21 Apr 2015)
I don't get Apple. It all feels like a mess. Just make an actual new phone, this seems so cheap of Apple to just recycle an idea with underclocked internals, and now it's clear that some of the internals are actually the same!?
All of Apple feels a mess though. Nothing about Macs; the lines last major update was back in 2012 (exc New Macbook). The iPad Air line seems to have died, now two models are called iPad Pro? That makes sense. While the iPhone has two distinct names between two different sizes? Why not atleast call it iPad Pro and iPad Pro Plus, like the iPhone and iPhone Plus? It's a huge mess in the naming catalogue, and that alone doesn't feel like the simple, clean Apple that I was jealous of a number of years ago. The Apple Watch "New models" thing is also ridiculous. They are just new bands, Apple. some $5 bands you decide to charge $50 for. We can all see that.
They need a massive clean up, and a long look at their product line and what the customers are really asking and willing to buy. This is a step in the right place, but it seems so unbelievably lazy.
14. Neros (Posts: 1016; Member since: 19 Dec 2014)
Except the design is still superb. Even if it's underclocked, it'll still destroy sd810 and its gpu will easily match the andreno on the sd820 in on-screen tests. This baby costs 150bucks less than the ip6 and it has much bwtter specs and battery life. Even the 64GB variant is much cheaper than the ip6s. This is a very powerful device. Iphone 5c has been the biggest failure so far. Don't know why people call this phone trash.
30. gaming64 (Posts: 234; Member since: 22 Mar 2016)
Because the fact that Apple decided to reuse the same design makes no sense and is just lazy product design. The specs are appreciated but the phone itself just has no reason to exist.
35. darkoman4 (Posts: 164; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Yes, I was calling them lazy for reusing the same design before it launched, but I didn't know they were going to price it $400. Now I think they did it right. $400 is a great price for this phone and trying to get it thinner, lighter but for $100 more would be worse.
7. grbrao (Posts: 290; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
this is completely a ripoff........ look like dooms day is nearing for apple... customers should teach apple how to innovate again... until ifans support them they wont learn......