iPhone 4's USB port catches on fire and subsequently melts cable

This article contains unofficial information.
iPhone 4's USB port catches on fire and subsequently melts cable
Being one of the world's most popular smartphones definitely has some advantages, but equally at the same time, problems or issues found on them could substantially be intensified far more than on other devices. This isn't the first time we've heard about exploding iPhones, but now there are images that show the aftermath of an iPhone 4 catching on fire and subsequently burning the owner's hand in the process. BGR received some photos that show an iPhone 4's USB port and cable singed after a fire apparently occurred while it was hooked up to a computer. Their AT&T connection did mention that the whole thing happened due to a defective USB port and not simply by some sort of user error. The heat generated was hot enough to burn the hand of the owner as he attempted to grasp it – and as you can tell from the photo, the cord easily melted while a slight burn mark can be found on the phone's USB port. Although this is so far an isolated event, we'll have to wait and see what the final verdict is when Apple looks into it.

Apple iPhone 4 Specifications | Review

source: BGR


FEATURED VIDEO

Latest Stories

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers at https://www.parsintl.com/phonearena or use the Reprints & Permissions tool that appears at the bottom of each web page. Visit https://www.parsintl.com/ for samples and additional information.
FCC OKs Cingular's purchase of AT&T Wireless