Samsung Galaxy S5: did you like it? (poll results)

Samsung Galaxy S5: did you like it? (poll results)
The Samsung Galaxy S5 has finally been officially unveiled at a typically huge Samsung event at Mobile World Congress 2014, but did it live up to all the hype? Samsung managed to keep it an absolute secret until almost the very last minute (there was one leak in the day of the event, but nothing prior), but while there were some surprises, probably the biggest of them all was just how much of what was rumored did NOT come true.

The Galaxy S5 has no Quad HD (2560 x 1440-pixel) display, it has no Snapdragon 805 system chip, nor an iris scanner. Instead, it added the unexpected water and dust protection, as well as an improved camera, a fingerprint reader in the home key and a heart rate monitor on its back.

Is that enough of an evolution to have you buy it? We wondered what your initial reaction to the Galaxy S5 was hours after it got unveiled, and asked you to answer one simple question: did you like it? The answers are now in and the results are unambiguous: the answer is no.

More than 9000 of you, our readers, voted, and an overwhelming 80% did not like what they saw in the Galaxy S5. It just did not live up to the hype for most people, we guess. The remaining less than 20% still liked it. So there you have it. The question that we are wondering about next is what would it take for a smartphone to grab your hearts and attention? Let us know in the comments below.

Samsung Galaxy S5: did you like it?

Yes
19.64%
No
80.36%

Related phones

Galaxy S5
  • Display 5.1 inches
    1920 x 1080 pixels
  • Camera 16 MP (Single camera)
    2.1 MP front
  • Hardware Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
    2GB RAM
  • Storage 32GB, microSDXC
  • Battery 2800 mAh
  • OS Android 6.0 Marshmallow
    Samsung TouchWiz UI

FEATURED VIDEO

Latest Stories

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers at https://www.parsintl.com/phonearena or use the Reprints & Permissions tool that appears at the bottom of each web page. Visit https://www.parsintl.com/ for samples and additional information.
FCC OKs Cingular's purchase of AT&T Wireless