LG Volt 2 and Tribute 2 with Android 5.1 Lollipop on board now available from Boost Mobile

LG Volt 2 and Tribute 2 with Android 5.1 Lollipop on board now available from Boost Mobile
Two new LG smartphones are available in the US starting today, both sold by Boost Mobile, and both running Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box. The handsets are called LG Volt 2 and LG Tribute 2, obviously being successors to last year's LG Volt and LG Tribute.

The LG Volt 2 is the most expensive among the two new devices, being offered by Boost for $149.99 (plus tax) off contract. The handset sports a 5-inch IPS display with 720 x 1280 pixels, it's powered by a quad-core 1.2 GHz processor, and has a 5 MP front-facing camera. Other features include LTE connectivity, an 8 MP rear camera, 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of expandable internal memory, and a 2540 mAh battery.

While the Tribute 2 shares some of its features with the Volt 2 (including LTE, a quad-core processor, 1 GB of RAM, and 8 GB of expandable storage space), it's a smaller device, sporting a 4.5-inch IPS screen with 480 x 854 pixels. The Tribute 2 also has a smaller battery (1900 mAh), and a 5 MP rear camera paired with a 1.3 MP front-facing camera. Boost Mobile is selling this handset for $99.99 (plus tax).

Both the Volt 2 and Tribute 2 come with various software features developed by LG, including Knock Code, Quick Memo+, and Gesture Shot (which lets you take pictures by using hand gestures). Planning to buy one?


source: LG Volt 2, LG Tribute 2 via Press release

FEATURED VIDEO

11 Comments

3. kefalin

Posts: 292; Member since: Feb 08, 2015

So it is basically LG Magna and LG Leon with different names and maybe colors? Wow.

4. javy108

Posts: 1004; Member since: Jul 27, 2014

Sadly youre right.

13. Acesen

Posts: 4; Member since: Jul 05, 2015

No he isn't.

6. legiloca

Posts: 1676; Member since: Nov 11, 2014

They're the successors of those two, Leon 2 came a month late (May 2014) while Tribute 2 came too early (Oct. 2014)

10. Acesen

Posts: 4; Member since: Jul 05, 2015

No, really its more like the best of both of those models.

5. foster426

Posts: 40; Member since: Apr 07, 2015

1gb of ram. Still?

11. Acesen

Posts: 4; Member since: Jul 05, 2015

Yes, it's the industry standard at this price point. Should be enough for 90% of normal users. The other 10% are never happy.

7. RORYREVOLUTION

Posts: 3131; Member since: Jan 12, 2010

Phones like the Asus ZenFone 2, Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3, and OnePlus One are far superior than these pieces of crap and not that much more expensive. I know Boost doesn't support GSM phones but damn. Might as well go to with Cricket(runs on AT&T) or MetroPCS(runs on T-Mobile) and do BYOP and get way faster data speeds and more reliability.

8. drzonw

Posts: 12; Member since: Jan 14, 2013

What the hell? Volt 2 is actually a downgrade! Same CPU, same amount of RAM, same snapper, a slightly bigger screen and a noticeably SMALLER battery. I have the original Volt from Boost and for the 80$ with no contract I paid for it I reckon it was the best deal on earth (3000mAh battery!). I even thought if the bump the memory to 2Gb I'll get its successor but switching to Volt 2 makes no sense whatsoever.

9. xq10xa

Posts: 808; Member since: Dec 07, 2010

Damn. That's sad to hear

12. Acesen

Posts: 4; Member since: Jul 05, 2015

Are you comparing the Volt to the Volt 2? If so it's defiantly not a downgrade. Lets look. CPU - is not the same, yes they are both 1200MHz quad core. However: Volt - "ARM Cortex-A7", Volt 2 - "ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit" "The Cortex-A53 processor delivers significantly more performance than its predecessors at a higher level of power efficiency. This takes the performance of the core above that of the Cortex-A7 processor." ~ARM Ram - is the same. Because unless you'r a heavy gamer 1gb is still enough. "Snapper" - Front facing is the same. Rear facing got a nice upgrade. Screen - Yes the sceen is only .3" bigger. However: Volt - 540 x 960 pixels - 234 ppi Volt 2 - 720 x 1280 pixels - 294 ppi Battery - "Volt 2" 2540mAh (21 hours) "Volt" - 3000mAh (24 hours) Yes it's smaller, but not by much. Lets look at the "LG Magna" for a moment. Because it has the same battery as the "Volt 2" within the same form factor. The "Magna" has a A7 cpu and lasts for 10 hours The "Volt 2" has a A53 cpu and lasts for 21 hours Overall its a defiant upgrade, Its really a good (med. range, smart phone) for a (low range, price) Did I mention its 64-Bit! Also Boost will let you try it out for 14 days, you should give it a shot. Pick it up it's a great phone!

Latest Stories

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers at https://www.parsintl.com/phonearena or use the Reprints & Permissions tool that appears at the bottom of each web page. Visit https://www.parsintl.com/ for samples and additional information.