Android P nears completion, Beta 3 released today

Android P nears completion, Beta 3 released today

Today, Google released the third beta of Android P, saying that it is now very close to what we will see when the release is finalized later in the summer. 

What's new in Beta 3? With Beta 2 bringing finalized developer APIs, there is not much left to do except crush the remaining bugs, and polish the build. Google has also brought the July 2018 security updates on board. 

Google released system images for Pixel devices as well as for the Android Emulator. If you are running the Android P beta on your Essential Phone or via other participating manufacturers, then the beta 3 update should reach you within the next few weeks.

For a full breakdown of what is new in Android P, check out our in-depth coverage here.


Related phones

Pixel 2
  • Display 5.0" 1080 x 1920 pixels
  • Camera 12.2 MP / 8 MP front
  • Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, Octa-core, 2350 MHz
  • Storage 128 GB
  • Battery 2700 mAh
Phone
  • Display 5.7" 1312 x 2560 pixels
  • Camera 13 MP / 8 MP front
  • Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, Octa-core, 2450 MHz
  • Storage 128 GB
  • Battery 3040 mAh

FEATURED VIDEO

7 Comments

1. AfterShock

Posts: 4146; Member since: Nov 02, 2012

Many essentials are already running newest beta P on Reddit now just as fast as Pixels in release really. It's worth noting.

2. Zylam

Posts: 1813; Member since: Oct 20, 2010

Take a look people, software that 80% of Android phones won't get and the remaining 20%, maybe in about 7 months LOL? That being said I can't wait for the gestures, that search bar placement is going to change so much for me. I always wanted a google search bar to show up in the multitasking view and now with gestures, it's going to be so much more natural. Come on Google, release the Pixel 3's already!

3. rouyal

Posts: 1573; Member since: Jan 05, 2018

I’m keeping my eye on that Pixel 3. Might be the android phone that pulls me back from iPhone. Maybe.

5. Zylam

Posts: 1813; Member since: Oct 20, 2010

Yea definitely waiting to check them out myself too. Excited for the Pixels every year, hopefully this time Google makes sure the quality control is in check.

4. Jason2k13

Posts: 1460; Member since: Mar 28, 2013

Not everyone are nerds zylam, many people buy phones because of the price, features and brand name. You and some others who care about fast updates are just a minority.

6. Zylam

Posts: 1813; Member since: Oct 20, 2010

Translation: Android fans are the biggest hypocritics around. All the Android fans parade around here trying to dis iOS in very easy possible, yet they ignore and downplay clear cut flaws and problems in Android. "People buy phones because of price, features and brand name" Why don't you tell that to the insecure fandroids that insult Apple users everyday for doing just that? That being said I fully agree with you, no one outside of a select few care about any of the pissing contests that goes on here. Out there regular people couldn't less about what OS or what version of that OS they are running. However since we are the tech community here, we care and hence the pissing contest. Personally it doesn't affect me much as I don't go near non stock Android devices, for me the pure experience, customisation and updates is what makes Android worth it. However the insane levels of hypocrisy that goes on here is what I attack.

7. taz_chaz

Posts: 135; Member since: Aug 29, 2014

actually i got an android phone and an apple iphone...both serve my needs none of em are perfect..end of the day i dnt care what os but serve my needs best ,,,

Latest Stories

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers at https://www.parsintl.com/phonearena or use the Reprints & Permissions tool that appears at the bottom of each web page. Visit https://www.parsintl.com/ for samples and additional information.