Transparent phone prototype is getting closer
1. HDShatter posted on 15 Feb 2013, 18:21 27 2
Whats the point? So people can see everything I'm doing? No thank you.
27. Airforce posted on 16 Feb 2013, 03:00 2 1
I really want to see how i can operate my phone under the rays of the sun
29. TylerGrunter posted on 16 Feb 2013, 03:06 10 0
what about using the technology in the screen of the car, so you can see a virtual path over the current road telling you which lane you should be in and where to take the next turn?
Just an example.
47. tusharkn posted on 20 Feb 2013, 16:39 2 0
That's cool and also could be implemented as heads up display for bike rider on their helmet visor. Would really help in bike accidents cause by distractions
46. tusharkn posted on 20 Feb 2013, 16:33 0 0
Concept's intriguing but those should just better remain concept, can't imagine showing off all my photos, videos(aaahhem...porno) and my passwords to whole world.
That guy showing off in videos wears a Samsung T-shirt could it a sign of that sammy is coming up with something like that be sooner
3. Android4u posted on 15 Feb 2013, 18:27 17 0
Can someone tell me the purpose of a transparent phone? I'm yet to think of one
13. NexusKoolaid posted on 15 Feb 2013, 19:06 10 0
LOL - Maybe this might put an end to those stories of people falling into holes or walking into light poles while texting?
48. tusharkn posted on 20 Feb 2013, 16:41 0 0
Yeah I've got one if anyone wants to make a personal held device as for public show off
5. PhoneArenaUser posted on 15 Feb 2013, 18:29 4 0
I know that for example transparent display may be useful when embedded in a car's windshield and similar, but I don't see idea of transparent phone...
6. dynamo.one posted on 15 Feb 2013, 18:33 9 2
seriously? what if i forget the phone in somewhere and i can't find it...
7. Lauticol posted on 15 Feb 2013, 18:44 8 1
You put a case to the phone and it looses all it's atraction
41. laheelahee posted on 16 Feb 2013, 23:36 0 0
exactly what i was thinking...
& w/o a case, what if you step on it?
10. phil2n posted on 15 Feb 2013, 18:51 8 0
no im going to buy a transparent phone.. i can't watch porn on that way.. LOL
11. yougotkilled1 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 18:53 4 0
LG crystal already tried this concept. Nothing new here lol
12. rusticguy posted on 15 Feb 2013, 18:59 3 1
Ok good so now one can see through their ears while talking or the other guy could see your ear canal :D :D
14. _Bone_ posted on 15 Feb 2013, 19:07 0 8
It's like a waterproof phone, what's the practical use of this other than making the geek leak?
22. JonBjSig posted on 15 Feb 2013, 20:25 3 0
Waterproof phone = Your phone won't die when doused.
Transparent phone = You can see through your phone.
One is useful, the other is not, quite the opposite in my opinion.
18. Tux_Alan posted on 15 Feb 2013, 19:47 0 0
You see a transparent phone and I see HUDs for all sorts of applications from winshields to glasses, mirrors and so on..!
19. mydi.maus posted on 15 Feb 2013, 19:59 2 2
how is a battery watch powering a 4.3 inch phone?.....hmmm
20. VJo003 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 20:11 2 0
Applaud the effort.... Use is a secondary concept.
Hope to see more innovations in this 1080p & quadcore mad race.
21. speckledapple posted on 15 Feb 2013, 20:18 0 0
It will really be something when the components also become transparent or mimic what we want it to. that alone will be awesome.
23. roscuthiii posted on 15 Feb 2013, 21:45 1 0
Hate to see the screen visibility on a bright day...
I didn't get to see the video with sound, but are we sure this isn't just a piece of glass with a hologram in it like a novelty decoration at a mall kiosk?
40. jroc74 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 20:03 0 0
Yea...this is one of the few recent attempts at innovation I that I think isnt a good idea.
Viewing these phone outside now is bad enough. A transparent phone?
24. MEeee posted on 15 Feb 2013, 22:44 0 1
Samsung Transparent OLED Screen Notebook at CES 2010
45. rgxVOiD posted on 17 Feb 2013, 18:14 1 0
Its OLED Associations display for Samsung notebook, not Samsung's transparent OLED display
30. Fuego84 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 03:06 2 0
Transparent smartphone, right like we need such a thing. I think there will be a contrast problem, plus the display won't be transparent once you add a wallpaper or will it be a transparent wallpaper? Lol
31. someones4 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 04:26 0 0
Might be useful for Google Glass. Or to display information on a car windshield like in the BMW in Mission Impossible 4
32. jameshoe posted on 16 Feb 2013, 04:28 0 0
0101010101010101010101010.....Wow, it is transparent phone prototype! What so funny?
33. FireDragon posted on 16 Feb 2013, 04:39 0 0
Learn to appreciate a ground-breaking dream-technology in the making to contribute something positive to it.
Yes, maybe we cannot see the practical use of this tech as smartphone, but here another important thing to understand that maybe they demo small size of something larger for (as many people already said) car's screen. Or home window.
Also remember this could work one way so person behind the handset wouldn't see what you are doing, hence privacy protected. Feel free to watch all the porn you like. Point your set to a girl infront of you and see her in anything you like her to be in (or without anything) without her knowing. Lol.
34. aahmed215 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 05:44 2 0
I don't want a see through smartphone. I can see it's usefulness on windows and other appliances.
35. timtimity posted on 16 Feb 2013, 06:26 1 0
I think it's got some useful applications like car windscreens (as mentioned earlier), but I can't see it working that well for phones. if you're writing or reading a text will you actually be able to see it clearly? Surely you need a contrasting, plain background behind the text.
37. jmonteiro829 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 10:46 0 0
I think everyone needs and should be able to view their hand when using their see through smartphone!
38. GG_SHAH posted on 16 Feb 2013, 12:08 0 0
then there will be less difference left b/w glass and phones :P
39. jrparnell1977 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 12:49 0 0
As long as WendyGarret isn't posting, i don't give a damn! Ha ha.
42. lukasound posted on 17 Feb 2013, 02:32 0 0
Old news... Already seen on CSI: Miami.
Producers should sue them! Apple style.
43. ankur9711 posted on 17 Feb 2013, 14:49 0 0
It looks promising, but how will you see the display if it's hard to see while indoors? Current displays are hard enough to see outdoors for many phones.
49. Jack58221 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 10:58 0 0
In the past most of our blazing fast computers were built thanks to the gaming community, it pushed much of our electronics to the point that they are at now and games spent the money that aloud them to keep pushing the limits. Now days that is fine by those of us that spend a little more than we should just to have the newest phone tech. This tech may only be for a few people out there, but when some people start to buy into clear phones it will start the funding to design bigger and better transparent devices that could have used in the medical field or even other places at home. ie. a window that could double as a tv.
51. RohanM posted on 24 Feb 2013, 21:02 1 0
superb.. i seen one concept in iron man 2 where that one was so cool..... bring it on.......
52. bobolicious posted on 01 Mar 2013, 06:25 0 0
You guys all comment bad about the phone but yet we are all going to buy one the day it comes out lol. I personally love the idea. as i walk alot from work and always on my phone texting or playing games, this could come in handy to see whats ahead. But also when this phone is in finished stages and the phone is turned on, its going to be like a normal phone and lights. apps. desktop. functions ect. ect. More then likely its going to ONLY be see thro when its turned off.
53. thelukewarm posted on 02 Mar 2013, 15:11 0 0
it just looks great, but being honest, it is useless, except if you want to show other people what you're doing