The new Windows Phone 8.1 dynamic lockscreen can look pretty svelte (video)
1. Settings (Posts: 1470; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
This isnt available on the dev preview. Or is it?
5. sip1995 (Posts: 1552; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Joe Belfiore said that it'll be available in the coming weeks....
24. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
This is for all WP8.1 devices, so no, it's not coming with cyan... It's coming as a separate app, like the file system did.. Technically our devices, WP8.1 devices, already have this capability ready, there's just no app for it, and MS has yet to introduce API's into the SDK yet,, for obvious reasons....
So,, those three updates that we got to our 8.1 DP devices most likely had tweaks to the OS to allow new features, like this and more, to work well once they are released... Now that WP8.1.0 is complete we'll start to see all of the things Joe promised at Build come to light... And, the light is bright..... Really, really bright!
16. boblight (Posts: 84; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
This isn't available yet. It was shown during Build 2014, with an example app made by Rudy. But Microsoft said they were testing the API for the lockscreen internally first before releasing. Maybe when it rolls out to the general public it will be available ?
25. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You are exactly right.... Read what I wrote above... That's about as accurate as it gets.
4. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Looks 'cool' but it seems too distracting to read the info quickly on the go :/
6. promise7 (Posts: 869; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Isn't album art and interactive music controls already available on Android and iOS? What is so cool about this?
7. sip1995 (Posts: 1552; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
This feature is available on Windows Phone since 2010...
10. elitewolverine (Posts: 5084; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
android got it on kitkat.
We have had it for years. Album art, music controls, volume. What is different is the interactive lockscreen vs just animation and album art.
12. Awalker (Posts: 1394; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Only full screen album art came with Kitkat. Also, you can change your lock screen to anything you want on Android including lock screens for iOS and Windows.
14. Settings (Posts: 1470; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
I believe WinMo had it before iOS and Android so what's your point?
15. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Now now, leave those fandroids on their own.They have this wrong impression that every feature on a different OS was first available on their stupid little Android OS.
23. joey_sfb (Posts: 5339; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Android don't have a fixed look. Everyone that bother can change it.
8. lyndon420 (Posts: 3852; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
That is actually a pretty cool looking lock screen.
11. Cod3rror (Posts: 123; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
I hope that seek lever is available to Music Player and not just on the lockscreen.
18. DogeShibe (Posts: 1110; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Windows Phone is so cool.
I think it this way -
Android - A Colony
iOS - HAHA A Flock
Windows Phone - A Pack >:)
19. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Oh my goodness, this is so rad. Takes me to the Zune PC app days
20. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 866; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
This is MSFT's biggest problem with WP... Not wanting to open up enough things to the dev world.
21. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1524; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Windows 8.1 smart phones will get the features smart phone lovers like. I use one and love it. I do not put down Apple Iphones or Android devices. the Old windows mobile smart phones had a lot of great tech in them Android smart phones use some of Windows Mobile
smart phone tech and android OEMs pay royalties because of this. My main gripe with the current Windows smart phone UI is that the tiles look too homely they need a design refresh'
their redesign could start with the square shaped 90 degree 4 corners of the Tiles be rounded off or the sides of the tiles slightly curved outward. studies have shown that Human beings like circle or curvy shapes much more than rectangles or squares. Windows phone 9
coming next year could get the new shaped tiles