Thanks to iOS 7, you can now zoom in on your subject while recording a video
Another new but unheralded feature allows you to take a still picture while in the midst of capturing a video. To do that, all you need to do is tap the white button on the bottom of the screen while recording a video. The still pictures go right to your picture roll and you can take as many pictures as possible and still tap-to-focus or zoom in at the same time.
Take a look at the video below to check out the zooming capabilities on iOS 7. And we also have a still picture for you to look at, which was snapped while a video was being recorded.
source: YouTube, 9to5Mac, iDownloadBlog via Gizmodo
1. shamashu9 (Posts: 51; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
my Nokia 6630 can do that zooming while recording video. that was year 2005.
3. dorianb (Posts: 325; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
13. Anti-troll-returns (banned) (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I am telling you again! This is the innovation of the decade!
19. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
You got banned..
2. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1304; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Android has already had this feature for so longgggg
17. SIGPRO (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Before android there was Symbian! Dont fotget Symbian father of all modern mobile os's! My old Nokia devices could zoom, Apple....FAIL!
4. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I have that feature on my note 2...
What a lame......
And still there are no new features that are REALLY NEW!!
Very INNOVATIVE company!!
7. FlushGordon (unregistered)
it's called digital CROPPING folks (rolls eyes) since iPhones (and other smartphones) are incapable of zooming optically
8. jael206 (Posts: 97; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
You mean, previous iOS versions don't have this? (Sorry, I'm not apple-oriented.. Must be something to do with my taste)
9. ama3654 (Posts: 233; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Goodness me, how much have they been missing?, they probably thought it's too embarrassing to mention it as even dumb phones had it ages ago.
10. jibraihimi (Posts: 527; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Good to see ios is now incorporating features which are standard among other platforms.....
11. E.N. (Posts: 2217; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Apple omitted it because it probably wasn't a very important feature. As for taking pictures while video capturing, you can already do that without upgrading to iOS 7. I understand that you guys at PA like these flame wars, but if you're going to make an article as pointless an useless as this, at least be accurate.
14. Anti-troll-returns (banned) (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Thanks to ios. Why we should be thankful to iOS7?
15. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 337; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
c'mon guyz stop the hate I also hate Apple but they have added many features in iOs7 that were not present in previous builds of iOs.
But I have to say the icons are worst on iOs now.
16. SIGPRO (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Wow you go Apple tha'ts what we call innovation..........FAIL!
My old phones from almost 10 years ago could zoom.......Apple you are a joke and a BIG FAILURE!
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 8878; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'll use this feature a lot, glad to see it finally arrive. Ios7 looks to be a bottom 9 walk off homer.
22. neurobiologist (Posts: 65; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Just drop already your apple sh.t and start to enjoy freedom and high technologies. Poor guy thinks apple is on fire :/
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 8878; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude get lost, cuz your negativity will have no affect on my next purchase.
24. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Take it easy...