Specifications for mid-range QWERTY BlackBerry R10 leak, more pictures
Not everyone was thrilled however with the possibility of the Q10 being priced higher than the Z10 in some markets and it is possible that may have put a damper on some folks’ ambitions to upgrade to BlackBerry 10.
While there has been some conjecture as to whether BlackBerry would cater to the mid-range handset audience with BlackBerry 10 as it has in the past with numerous iterations of the BlackBerry Curve line, it is becoming more apparent that a mid-range BlackBerry R10 device is inching closer to reality. To which market and when is anyone’s guess.
Some new images have surfaced in China of the R10, along with some purported specifications for this Curve-esque QWERTY BlackBerry:
- 3.1-inch display, 720 x 720 resolution
- 5MP rear camera, front camera
- Support to shoot up to 2560 x 1920 resolution photos
- 2G of RAM
- 8G internal storage
- 1800 mAh non-removable Battery
- BlackBerry 10.1 OS
One thing that will be immediately apparent for people interested in the R10 is that we finally get to see some decent images of the device in black (just in case red or white was not your thing).
Thanks for the heads-up!
via: New Cell Phones Blog
1. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I think Blackberry will be using all the alphabet letters to name their devices. Z10, Q10,R10 what's next...hmm [+]
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
They will follow the 'Sony Xperia style", Z10, Q10, R10, S10, T10, Y10, U10 etc.
3. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
I want BB to sell their hardware department, so that the device prices will be reduced & focus more on software improvements.
5. mew7946510 (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
That's weird. Why would a small QWERTY phone need so much RAM?
12. Armor (Posts: 49; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
The 2GB of ram is there because of the true multitasking of Blackberry 10. Phone runs very smooth.
20. mew7946510 (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
You can say that but I know no person opening too many apps at the same time using a small qwerty phone.
21. MultiYouTroll (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
I open too many porn at the same time
23. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
ummm... its not a small phone.. is actually a Q10 without LTE, and premuim feel! coz it has similar 3.1" screen!
24. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
what do you really expect for a low/ mid range device?
its really unfair for BlackBerry's part to judge them by using a curve not a bold phone! of course curve will be slow and uncompetitive coz its not a high end phone! its not flagship! so for the best BB experience people should use high end phone like bold 9900! so if you think this is "yuck" try thge Q10!
28. miles16852 (Posts: 213; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
thats just what id expect from someone like you,,
7. jonartpop (Posts: 162; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
The battery is pretty disappointing but I guess it would last longer than the Z10. I hope it would not cost more than $350.
25. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
but again, like the Z10, it has similar battery but Z10 has LTE, reviewers said that the battery of the Z10 is tricky coz of if you on and off the LTE! so i guess this R10 is alright! i mean its target are those who want to experience the BB10 on an affordable price!
10. iamy0urfather (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 May 2013)
what is it ? an expensive chatting machine ??
11. Hemlocke (unregistered)
No, it's a mid-level business machine.
13. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Wow another phone that nobody will buy. Go bankrupt already
29. miles16852 (Posts: 213; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
lol, and your alot closer to bankrupt then they are..
14. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I have a new name for them Bankrupt 10
17. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Why thank you. I need to continue to eduCate fools like yourself about wha a failure Blackberry is. You must be more of a loser than me because your a Blackbeery user
16. MirOsamahAli (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
ukkkhhh its about time Blackberry let loose of their curve line, the curve keyboards sucks big time.
18. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
it looks good!!! Why people dont like it... Oh well
19. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
it looks good!!! Why people dont like it... Oh well
22. hltechie (unregistered)
I seriously don't know why so many people dislike BlackBerry in these posts lately. I currently have an Android and I am happy with it (I've had Apple, Windows Mobile, and BlackBerry phones in the past). I've demoed the z10 as well and seems like the new BlackBerry OS is a great step forward. Besides being a bit over priced for the hardware I don't see why there is so much dislike for the phones.
I'm looking forward to see how this r10 turns out. Looks like a good alternative to the more highly priced z10 and q10.
26. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
totally agree with you! i just hate that people judge BB negatively coz they only try curve phones not the bold phones!
of course the curve have underrated and underwhelming internals coz they are for low end! while bold phones are snappy and with premuim materials all over it!
i mean, even android low end phones are not that great and really horrible! so why judge BB just for curve phones?