Sony may be out of the PC business, but that doesn't mean it is done with Windows
1. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
VAIO hybrids such as Dou and Tap were great.
I think its time to start a solid move in tablet division.
Show how experience you are Sony.
5. akki20892 (Posts: 3756; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Duo and Tap both are great example of new innovation. Why Sony why.
18. vincelongman (Posts: 2385; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
The Fit Flip also had another innovative design
2. Credo (Posts: 702; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I would love the xperia z's form factor with Windows Phone OS on top of it, stylisch, clean, and just together awesomenes ! Release it Sony!
17. buccob (Posts: 1887; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Would be awesome to live in an utopic world where you could get a phone (hardware) and choose out of the box which OS do you want to get started....
Im not talking about dual boot, or bootcamp, or emulators... Just OMs selling a particular device that users could buy and then decide what to run inside...
maybe is a stupid idea IDK, just came to think of it
3. Aploine (Posts: 307; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
Who needs PCs and laptops? Big tablets, wireless storage / periferals
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3466; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Because as for now tablets suck compared to laptops. We'll see how will it be in the future.
I hope we will see more devices like Vaio Tap 11.
7. whysoserious (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I do, and so does millions of people out there. Yes, mobile/tablet technologies are evolving really fast nowadays, but it's still years and years behind what a PC can do.
8. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1575; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Ignore him, he lives in a hut near a farm.
11. Aploine (Posts: 307; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
LMAO! Look at your photo and tell me who lives in his HAT ....with Heidi. Get out of your hat hater
12. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
its good to ignore bulshtters. good job :)
22. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
youre a nice guy inside. apology accepted. ;)
9. cleat-glitch (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
that's unfortunate...i like there pcs more than their phones
10. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1292; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I predict that Sony will make Windows 8.1 Tablet/ Hybrids in other words Sony Windows 8.1 tablets will be ultra thin lightweight Windows 8.1 tablets that also have an great accessory keyboard available for a Sony customer to buy. Sony is the master at making thin sleek well designed Electronic gear. The Tap ii Windows 8.1 tablet is a good example of what they can do. By the way Folks -the PC IS NOT DEAD- A good tablet screen size ranges from 7 to 12 inches in a 4 by 3 or 10 by 16 or 9 by 16 size screen. anything above that is not a Tablet but is a Portable all in one PC. People who do a lot of business work. and People who want to want to watch movies or play high level Video games want a screen that is at least 23 inches in size. a tablet that big would AWKWARD to use and is a portable PC not a tablet
Also folks a PC through use of PCI And PCI express cards can be made to get new capabilities. A Tablet is a fixed spec computer what you buy is what you and you cannot change or add anything to I internallyt except maybe a Micro SDXC card to increase it's memory.
15. Aploine (Posts: 307; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
I agree in general, if you want a powerfull machine. But look what happened with phones. Biger and biger. Sony lately did so many smart moves looking to the future
13. apple4never (Posts: 1026; Member since: 08 May 2013)
a sony windows phone would be awesome
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6979; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Looks like i may have to get a VAIO laptop before they discountied it
26. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 163; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
I will buy one too if they have big discount. Still waiting.
19. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Give us an 8" tablet, preferably Android.
20. Remmy (Posts: 81; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I still asked my sister to buy a VAIO to replace her 6/7 year old HP. I've always wanted to try VAIO before :(
21. gundamexia450 (Posts: 27; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
Does this mean no more desktop VAIO at all?
23. apple4never (Posts: 1026; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i don't think there were ever any desktop vaio's
25. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I've always said that a Sony WP device would be awesome.. The clean, clutter free design of the WP OS matches Sony's hardware perfectly... The Lumia brand needs some serious competition....