See the first 360-degree panoramas taken with Android 4.2
1. nwright94 (unregistered)
Been using this awhile with photosynth, glad to see it integrated into an os.
5. someones4 (Posts: 624; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
This is a really cool feature. Nice pics too. You can just whirl around and take pics. The huge black void where the image is not captured is a bit creepy though.
How long till Apple steals this?
7. Googlethis (Posts: 179; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
"IOS 7 now includes Circle shot the worlds first and best 360 camara techonology" patented and owned by apple all other companies copy them lol. there just wrote the add for them. (sarcasm) they will steal it patent it call it theres and then go after all the other companies that have android 4.2 or what ever android is on by the time apple steals it.
11. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 221; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
360 Panorama was an app that came out a loooong time ago. So Google really didn't invent this concept at all.
13. TheMan (Posts: 487; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
So, true, zibby, although it's nice that "street view for your android" is integrated into the software.
17. Googlethis (Posts: 179; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
point being that once apple actually integrates it into there phone software they will claim that it was theres from the start if not that they will patent it and then use that patent to attack rival companies.
10. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
Apple has had Panorama for over a month now (although it only goes 270° I believe), and many apps have had it before Google. Does that make Google the one that stole it? Nope. It is just something that will become standard. Now quit being a troll.
14. someones4 (Posts: 624; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
true, and google just made it a million times better
15. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
Actually, Google's implementation is about the same as a few apps I have seen. It is better than iOS's, but I'm not sure if the stitching will be as good as iOS's (it does an incredible job at that). I guess we will see when 4.2 is released.
6. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Excellent feature, wish Nokia would have done this with the 808.
8. Brewski (Posts: 316; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
I had this 2 1/2 years ago with my Droid X... What else can 4.2 do?
9. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
This makes it part of the OS so it's on every Android running 4.2. They are just making things stock with Android therefore OEM have less reasons to add their own UI to make changes to Android OS and thus making it easy for faster updates and the like. I love how Android just keeps adding things that make it easier and more accessible. Google is really a company of forward thinking folks who only care to make things happen, reminds me of people who just like to learn and never quit.
20. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Calm down, getting bored with people holding Google up as this caring almighty presence, google are no differant fro others yet what google are praised for others like microsoft get slated by android users
Besides what you said is what apple have been doing for years taking existing features and implementing them as standard.......calm down with the fanboy levels of praising
12. mydi.maus (unregistered)
NEW nexus w/jelly bean.whats next?pork bean?...lumia 920 will squash that..
18. Googlethis (Posts: 179; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
this might be usefull for some one but the only usefullness i see out of it is to amuse myself at work. spinning in around in a chair on wheels is usually not to amusing until you fall off.
19. GeekMovement (Posts: 2142; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
So awesome, love google, love android.
21. xtremesv (Posts: 297; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Next year when Apple releases iOS 7 they will introduce AroundMe® Panorama, a revolutionary way of taking amazing 360° photos. The worst part is that people would actually buy it.