Samsung and Google teaming up for an anti-Apple legal plan
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Seems that Apple doesn't know what is friendly partnership, now Samsung and Google will show for Apple what is partnership by beating Apples a**! :D
103. Ravail (Posts: 182; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Lol Apple better step out of the way, the Google train is coming through!
138. ph00ny (Posts: 751; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Google train isn't as scary as mobility train combined with samsung train
Both are Giants in the mobile patent world
139. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Google is like America in WWII. They tried to stay out of it for as long as possible, but now that they joined the fight, they are going to kick ass and take names.
2. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
or they ALL could live and let live! These meaningless little patents are silly and Apple is really the root cause for all this mess since they think they own the rights to the silliest little things and spend millions trying to thwart technology advancement by other companies... like slide-to-unlock. Really? and pattern unlock pwns slide anyways :/
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 15595; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly, all this patent suit crap regardless of who started it
Will eventually hurt us the consumer. Apple hurts Samsun, Samsung hurts apple, who in turn hurts google. The fans of these products, and platforms will start to lose out. What would kick ass is I'd a judge they out all of this crap, and threatened to lock up the next one to file one of the preschool suits. I love iOS, android Samsung microsoft, I love tech so this pisses me off, and yes I feel apples being the biggest baby. Regardless they all suck with this mess.
97. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Thumbs downs? For what? Google tried to live and let live. They haven't sued anyone in a long time.
129. slickytru5 (Posts: 10; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I think they misunderstood your comment...
140. ScottSchneider (Posts: 324; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
No Problem... I gave you two Thumbs.... Up Up Up all the way... ^_^ Cheers..
125. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
you forget to mention they stole their NOTIFICATION bar " and i didn't even say OUR unlike taco".
3. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
this is a PSA from most of America........................
"APPLE ARE A BUNCH OF DOUCHES"
this is straight asinine!!! Apple has made billions with the iPhone and has become the most popular smartphone in history.......but Apple wants to act like a baby and prevent others from making money. so what if they're copying off of you, obviously you're doing something right lol
Correct me if im wrong, but it seems odd that they've been suing companies for copywright infringement since Steve Jobs passed away. seems to me that Steve jobs didnt care as long as he was able to make money
82. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
not quite, Steve Jobs vowed to destroy Android for copying.. google it
4. THEOG (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Jul 2010)
Man I had to make a account to comment on this lol. Glad Google is standing up for this phone. Its crazy how apple want to sue everyone that makes anything that's better then the iPhone or could have a chance at winning. When i heard about apple suing over a phone that doesn't look are act like the iPhone that alone made me promise my self to never buy an apple product again. Hope ya win Google.
I have your back me and my galaxy nexus :o)
6. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 462; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Lmao. Y'all kill me with this loyalty mess. Do you know anyone who works for google? Do you own stock in Samsung? If not, then what the heck are you so loyal for. Google or Samsung isn't any different from any other big business. They are about their money first and only. I hope you don't think they give a rats azz about you. That goes for anyone who's loyal to these companies. They don't care about you. Only your money. Lol, you've got their back. What a dork!
16. qwertypoor (Posts: 72; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Exactly! I don't get some of these people
22. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
These fandroids swear up and down Google is some benevolent non profit company.
24. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Um, no. What are you smoking today taco? Get your money back that s**t is wack.
34. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Ah, sorry. Meant to thumbs up because taco is insane.
35. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Well, has Google sued anyone for anything over the past two years? Erm... Nope. I don't think so. Has Apple been going insane with all of their BS suing anyone who makes a better product? Yes...
126. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
iFans like you is what wrong in the tech world just being brain wash. and doesn't like competition. NON PROFIT? They just spend billion of dollars purchase Motorola Mobility TO PROTECT Android
73. tedkord (Posts: 7360; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's not loyalty to Google or Samsung. It's looking out for ourselves. We want to ensure we have access to the best tech, whomever it is from. That's why I don't call for bans of iProducts. I want fans of Apple to be able to get the devices they want, I want fans of WP to be able to get what they want, and I want fans of Android to be able to get the devices they want.
Unfortunately, Apple has decided to take advantage of the huge flaws in the patent system to try and eliminate the competition, which they can't keep up with on innovation. This harms all consumers, both iOS and Android users. The legal fees drive prices up, and innovation is slowed. We pay more for less.
Everyone, go towww.defendinnovation.org, and sign the petition for patent reform. We need to get congress to enact common sense patent reform. Eliminate software patents, copyright only. Patents should be specific, not broad. They should be non-obvious, and new (no prior art).
77. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Can't keep up on innovation? Apple is THE ONLY company innovating.
Without Apple you'd still be using a qwerty keyboard with a trackball.
84. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
see taco, this is how we all KNOW you are a aplle troll. Apple makes 4 products, one just a bigger version of the other, one insignificant in market share. The innovation apple invents is only more ways to bleed the herd dry. You are absolutely a troll if you think no companies innovate technology. Apple's only star is a touchscreen with a app store. Not really innovation... lol come to think of it, you probably aren't a troll, just really really ignorant
87. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Apple wins awards for innovation. Every tech writer gives Apple credit for being innovative. Apple changed the mobile industry to where you can't be successful unless you have an Apple-esque experience on your phone.
As usual the facts are stacked against you.
92. tedkord (Posts: 7360; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
What was the last award for innovation Apple won?
86. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Weren't you just accusing someone of being a blind fanboy? Hah, hahahaha.. oooh, that's rich.
91. tedkord (Posts: 7360; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And yet, most of the new features on iOS 6 have been in Android for years. They should have just called iOS 6 Gingerbread lite.
100. hepresearch (unregistered)
Well, when Apple innovatively decides that you ought to be euthanized, be sure to let us all know about that one...
110. johnbftl (Posts: 265; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
You're an idiot. HTC and Samsung had full touch smartphones with apps long before the iPhone was released. HTC had a full line of Windows Mobile devices including the Mogul and Wizard, and Samsung had the i730. They may have been resistive touch screens rather than capacitive, but that's because technology was not there yet. Apple didn't innovate a damn thing. Apple still buys their screens from Samsung, so who's the one innovating? By the way, Apple's "innovation" that they're boasting right now, Retina Display, is just an LCD with a high pixel density. It's nothing new. It's just on a 3.5" screen rather than a 42" screen.
116. johnbftl (Posts: 265; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Oh and Taco, If you want to argue wireless technology with me, my resumé since 2003 includes Radioshack, Best Buy wireless Supervisor, Sprint, Wireless Advocates (Costco's wireless kiosk), and now AT&T. Hold up a phone and I can tell you the make and model within seconds.
113. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
No. Without Xerox we'd be using trackball.
Remember Apple ripped off Xerox Alto and "created" the Macintosh, and called it its own.
118. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Apple made a legal agreement with Xerox and bought technology which they then developed into the first GUI on a PC.
137. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Legal agreements? What's that line you always use? Hmmm...... Oh yeah I remember!
Source or get out.
121. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Did Apple innovate the capacitive touch screen keyboard or was it the LG Prada, introduced 6 months before the iPhone was announced? Apple copies...or steals depending on if you believe they are a great artist.
127. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Innovating? NAME ONE THING that they innovat. All they do is buy names and companies. they purchase the name iPad and purchase SIRI they NEVER invented SIRI just port in on their phone
94. aikonix (Posts: 59; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
dude... we are loyal to google/samsung/android because they make quality products and operating systems, and the fact that they allow for open competition and is not a baby makes us more loyal to them. Apple is a big poor sport and they dont want competition, enough said.
95. kunyuk (Posts: 56; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
My loyalty is to freedom(android) and democracy(samsung, htc, sony, lg, motorola, huawei, etc)
11. matrix_neo (Posts: 329; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Welcome THEOG, that's a nice decision. I hope ifan trollers like taco and gallitoking will realize also, hopefully sooner. We here are also to defend android and it's OEM as well as other companies Apple sued. Apple now growing not with innovation or tecnological advancement but with greed, unfair, and unethical behavior.
I've been waiting for this to happen, I hope HTC, LG, Huawei, Motorola even nokia will join forces to fight this evil. Don't allow this now rotten fruit to succed every litigation they make. It's time now for Apple to clean all the mess it created.
I hope google and samsung will win in their next battle, apple time to hide under the shirt of your godly sj...
21. THEOG (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Jul 2010)
No a matter fact I don't know anyone that works for google or samsung. But its the company that I want to win. Just like you dont know the president but i'm sure you voted for one or the other to win. Anyways Why? Because you have apple running around suing every company or making other companies afraid to make a good cell phone.
88. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
They don't have to be afraid to make a cell phone. Just don't make it like the iPhone and infringe Apple's IP in the process.
104. hepresearch (unregistered)
Yes, well said, taco... instead, make it look like the LeapFrog LeapPad... LOL!
122. hepresearch (unregistered)
hepresearch is definitely not on taco's side... herpes, on the other hand, well, I wouldn't know about that...
Apple DID tell Samsung in court that their Galaxy Tab should look more like the LeapFrog LeapPad. Remember? So, Apple's solution to not looking like an iPad is looking like a LeapFrog LeapPad... ridiculous!
5. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
thats when you know Samsung could never beat Apple one on one.. so Google is now in the middle..
10. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Okay, so you mean to say if no one supports Apple can kill a company?
13. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Actually missed a punctuation.
"so you mean to say if no one supports, Apple can kill a company?"
15. matrix_neo (Posts: 329; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Exactly thats what îsheep wants to happen, eventually every decision their godly Apple made, they will support it, coz apple said they should, even their pocket apple will empty it.
37. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is that what I said... wow. dont remember saying
96. aikonix (Posts: 59; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
you dont need to remember saying it, its just what Apple does.
14. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...you know Samsung could never beat Apple one on one..."
First of all Apple fans are saying that it is all about the business and now you are talking about something like 'one on one' - Now I will say, it is not a kindergarten, it is business and there is nothing like 'one on one' ! ;)
39. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so if Apple teams up with let say MS and take Android down would you stil think the same or call them ,. bullies.. think about it ...
45. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Still think the same. Also I can't imagine Apple and Microsoft together. :)
53. hepresearch (unregistered)
That Apple/Microsoft shadow-alliance has already been formed. We have seen the evidence of it already, all over the mobile market. It is just a matter of playing connect-the-dots with the information and behaviors that have already been documented for a while now.
58. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
can you imagine Android going down before Apple.. it could happen.