Samsung S Voice ripped and available for ICS devices
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Take that Apple!!! for only available siri to 4s
20. HTCFreak (Posts: 154; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
Well, in that case,you can also jailbreak it and have siri on other iDevices. And Samsung also made S Voice only for the GS3, not only Apple.
22. a_tumiwa (Posts: 336; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
wrong, you can install siri to other apple devices but get blocked by apple server.
39. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
how long can it take for samsung to do the same? You never know. Besides you still have other servers to use siri. You would do the same if you were realising a technology specific for one device and someone "stole it" and especially if it's a a big selling point for a device.
50. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Samsung isn't the same as Apple, the could care less.
53. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Samsung doesnt have S-Voice running through their servers. It is just an app. Technically its Vlingo with some upgrades to its usability. Apple has Siri running through its servers to monitor what you search.
62. simon1 (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 May 2012)
It got tested on Galaxy Nexus too I did it & It worked well without any crash. I found the direct download here -http://goo.gl/wvwiy
40. ph00ny (Posts: 619; Member since: 26 May 2011)
and voice assistance existed well before siri
42. Archan_Pe (Posts: 74; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
voice assistants existed before siri,,,
P.S. Work on ur spelling
3. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
I would like to have siri on my ipad
" Siri, which is the best tablet on market right now? "
" the one you are using Right now "
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
Siri: i'll give you the real ans when nokia launch lumia tablets...
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Available for any ICS device? Include non-samsung product? Is that true Michael?
5. imkyle (Posts: 1032; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Wendy you must be rooted to use this. My galaxy so ii international version has ICS and is non rooted and it did not work..
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
So you mean only galaxy nexus have it without root? Sad :(
11. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It hasn't been extensively tested, but so far it is known to work on the Galaxy Nexus and Sharp Aquos. It's less likely to work on non-Samsung devices, but root is not a requirement.
14. jove39 (Posts: 1385; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Works on my sgs2(att) running aokp rom...but not stable.
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5658; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i can confirm it works on the Droid Razr. i might try it on the Transformer Prime tomorrow.
56. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5658; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's nice. it definitely has a chance but it's just not ready yet.
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5658; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it stands the most chance of working rooted i'd say. i had to do a very particular process to get it to work on my Razr.
12. StrumerJohn (Posts: 66; Member since: 18 May 2011)
You DO NOT need to be rooted, here's a patched one I made with a friend :)
EDIT: It works on the HTC EVO 3D and HTC EVO 4G and Galaxy S II
EDIT2: It works on non-samsung devices. At least on what I have that's not Samsung.
45. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
hey man please provide another link that one says its out of bandwidth.
48. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
People, after downloading content from untrusted sources, dont cry about malware and don't blame Android OS. :)
P.S. I don't say that it is malware, I just say that it may be a malware, because source is untrusted.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5658; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i got it earlier on my ICS Razr and it works pretty well. any attempt to change the wake up call will result in a FC and you have to clear the app data to be able to use it again but as far as giving it commands it works beautifully. it opens apps, searches the web, finds locations, brings up the weather and navigates to the home address i set in the settings flawlessly.
oh and to you Razr owners after multiple different attempts the only way i've gotten it to work on the Razr is to NOT change the permissions, copy it to system/app, reboot, install through system/app and DO NOT try to change the wake up call. do everything i just put here and it will work just fine for you.
27. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Just hope someone port the rom of the s3 to i9100G
Like touchwiz nature a lot but i am not getting s3 as i dont like the design
29. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5658; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i would imagine you'll see it soon. the Galaxy S series has MAD ROM support.
31. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
which means ?
52. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9369; Member since: 14 May 2012)
XDA loves making tons of roms for the Galaxy S series.
54. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Speaking of mad ROM support... do you know which phone has already had its entire ROM thrown to the XDA community before release??
yup, its the SGS3!! :) :) :)
another virtual high 5 to whomever at Sammy did that. :)
33. Vorsayo (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Jan 2012)
what ICS rom do you have on your Razr and is it the GSM or CDMA Razr. I have been trying o find a good rom for my Razr
44. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5658; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the CDMA Droid version and it's the leaked official update version .181.
13. devilfisch (Posts: 35; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Tried it on my Galaxy Tab with a CM9 custom ROM. It works although it force closes when I try to change the wake up command. Not that using "Hi Galaxy" is an issue though. Still I wish I could customize it.
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5658; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i really wish i could change it on my Razr because it's a little more silly calling it a Galaxy but i won't actually be using this. it'll just be for a little fun every now and then. ;D
23. devilfisch (Posts: 35; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yes, it does sound weird calling out to your Razr with "Hi Galaxy!" Haha!
I hope someone would do a fix for it. I assume it may be missing something. An app for recording voice perhaps?
26. devilfisch (Posts: 35; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Just tried some commands such as "I want to take a photo" and "record voice". Those don't seem to do anything. I think it was looking for apps that my Galaxy Tab doesn't have.
28. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5658; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i get errors when i try to give it the "i want to take a photo" command so i would guess you're right and it's searching for specific .apks.
18. ilia1986 (unregistered)
And this is why I love Android. Because software - no matter how sophisticated - is not proprietary. And software should be free. For everyone.
21. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 203; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
works on my stock verizon galaxy nexus. only thing i noticed that doesnt work is the function where you can double tap the home key to launch S voice.
25. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 203; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
also noticed that it forced closed twice in a row when prompting it to play a playlist / band
30. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
I've been using it on my Galaxy Nexus since it was posted on XDA, it works really well for the apps it's compatible with. Certain apps are made to work with Samsung apps however, such as Samsung's alarm, timer, music player apps etc. Calling, texting and finding places in my area works flawlessly
32. frydaexiii (Posts: 1260; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I'm amazed this works perfectly (other than, double tap to start) on my unrooted S2. S Voice is still to much like vlingo (I know, it's powered by vlingo) and pretty slow for now.
35. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
- The S Voice developed by Samsung
- Use as a new feature to Samsung Galaxy 3
- Ripped by XDA Developers
- Made availale to other Non Samsung devices
Everybody suddenly happy
Have you thought a second?
55. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
It was developed by Vlingo for samsung.
-only modders will know about it, and even less will try it
- samsung GIVES their ROMS to XDA to test out. They are the only company that does that. XDA already has a full SGS3 rom to play with.
- if samsung cared, they would have locked it down.
- yes, everyone is happy. It continues Sammys tradition of being very very nice to the mod community, which is a huge reason they have such groundswell support from the hardcore crowd. The SGS3 isnt even for sale yet and its unlocked with custom ROMs based off an official samsung ROM on the way.
That makes me very excited.
36. blinkdagger (Posts: 81; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I'm quite didn't like this. It should only be exclusive to s3, or at least samsung devices. Soon most of s3 features like smart dialing probably will get ripped. But what the heck, that's what Android is all about.
37. frydaexiii (Posts: 1260; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
So what? The SIII's features aren't just in software, the hardware is still top notch, and that's still enough incentive to buy the SIII.
43. Archan_Pe (Posts: 74; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
yah the S voice wasn't that impressive anyway
38. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
just doesnt install on my s2 ics 4.0.3.it says applicaton not installed whenever i try to install. any suggestions?
46. md227a (Posts: 130; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I can also confirm that it works on the AT&T galaxy s2
Edit: i keep getting server errors now.
59. mynameisfyl (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Glad to know I'm not the only one...maybe they got wise to us.
49. amancarlos (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 May 2012)
works on atrix4g on cm9 beta 0.6.1
its buggy though, force closes sometimes and is slow
try if ur rooted and are cautious
57. louisnvrr (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Gonna try it out on my Samsung Nexus S. It's running Android 4.0.4 so it should work. Hopefully!
58. mynameisfyl (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
It was working on my Verizon Nexus for a little bit, then when I went to show it off to the wife it kept saying "Network Error. Please Try Again."
It was pretty awesome for the 10 minutes I had it working. It recognized my wife's name, which not even Siri could do.