Samsung M800 for Sprint is a touch-screen phone!

Posted: , by PhoneArena Team

This article contains unofficial information.

Samsung M800 for Sprint is a touch-screen phone!
Samsung M800 for Sprint is a touch-screen phone!
Today Mobiledia released the first information and image of the Samsung SPH-M800 for Sprint. It appears to be the US CDMA variant of the F490, as the U940 for Verizon is a variant of the F700. It will have very similar design, candybar with a huge touch display and three buttons on the front side, but it will have different features and specifications. Unfortunately, the 5-megapixel camera is replaced with a standard 2-megapixel one, and most likely the Croix user interface is replaced with one, matching the carrier's phones. Currently there are only a few details about the phone, including EV-DO support, Stereo Bluetooth and GPS. We will update you once there is more information.

source: Mobiledia

posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:41

1. chris (unregistered)

still looks like crap compared to the iPhone

posted on 06 May 2008, 19:52

36. Guess (unregistered)

iphones do not have video recording capability. That's a serious disadvantage!

posted on 12 Jul 2008, 11:41

don't know what your talking about, mine has video recording.

posted on 10 Jan 2008, 11:49

yup. no touch screen will come close to the iphone. thanks to iphone's 200+ pantents, it will be impossible to create a touch screen that will rival the iphone

posted on 12 May 2008, 12:02

funny - Ford perfected building a car with the assembly line but no ford to this day is comparable to a Ferrari. It's a stupid analogy I know but just because someone invented something or came out with it first has no bearing on whether its the best.

posted on 09 Jun 2008, 18:59

45. SoCalBudBabe (unregistered)

the iphone sux. the wi fi network makes the net estra slow, it doesnt have camcorder, or live tv, the music downloads are super slow. whereas the samsung instinct, shown above, is smaller than the iphone, it takes pix and shoots vids, i swear to god that internet is faster on it than my at&t dsl, and it downlaods songs in like less than 30 sec, Trust me, its waaaay better than the iphone, not just in the phone itself, but the network itself. sprint truly does kix a$$ and made this a better phone than the iphone. ive already got to play with the instinct and its a pretty bad ass phone =D

posted on 10 Jun 2008, 10:32

47. greatone (unregistered)

The iphone sucks att sucks (gsm) and verizion sucks enough said.

posted on 24 Jul 2008, 12:26

whats good then?

posted on 10 Jan 2008, 12:15

To all Apple fanboys and girls Let's just see the phone before making any comments... maybe.. just maybe it will be as good as the ( **gasp** ) famed Iphone

posted on 10 Jan 2008, 15:15

You guys all know nothing will be as good as the iPhone until Steve Jobs says so...

posted on 10 Jan 2008, 15:28

iphone is not perfect. It lacks 3G, can not (legally) tether it to make it a modem to get online, have to hack it just so your third party apps can run. but in terms of touch screen tecnology, it is the king of all kings

posted on 12 May 2008, 12:00

I would not agree the touch screen is that good. My Touch from HTC has a much better touch screen than the iphone which multiple people playing with my phone have commented on.

posted on 10 Jan 2008, 16:45

6. Christian! (unregistered)

First of all.. the voyager kicks the iphones ass.. touch screen wise.. no. But thats not all there is to it. The voyager has a keyboard, 3g actual tv, removable memory, and other stuff.. But this phone has tv, 3g, (rumored wimax).. but thats probably not gonna happen.. so shut up and give it a chance

posted on 10 Jan 2008, 17:04

7. Gib (unregistered)

I forgot....the phone mentioned above is the iphone or the samsung M800.....? I am so sick of every phone introduced being compared with the iphone!

posted on 10 Jan 2008, 17:23

8. MackIntheBoxx (unregistered)

its not an iphone no, but it hasnt been under development as long as the iphone has this is an awesome phone, im definitely getting one as soon as its released :)

posted on 10 Jan 2008, 17:46

9. Chris (unregistered)

the voyager is garbage. the os is crap its sluggish unintuative and ugly. Im not saying the iphone trounces all I have a mogul. but I was very unimpressed with the voyager

posted on 10 Jan 2008, 19:15

This phone is going to sell!!!! I'm glad my contract is ending in April!!!

posted on 11 Jan 2008, 10:06

11. T-HUFF (unregistered)

EVERYONE SHOULD STOP BEING OBSESSED WITH THE IPHONE JUST BECAUSE ITS TRENDY. WHOEVER HOPPED ON THAT BANDWAGON WITH EVERYONE ELSE....ITS JUST LIKE WHEN ALL THE NORMAL KIDS IN YOUR TOWN EITHER WENT GOTHIC OR EMO, AND THOSE OF YOU THAT KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT....I HATE THOSE KIDS, THE IPHONE IS NOTHING SPECIAL. APPLE RULES IN THE COMPUTER LAND, I'LL GIVE THEM THAT, BUT PHONES....NAH. THEY HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO. I JUST DONT THINK YOU WILL RULE THE MOBILE WORLD EVER....IF YOUR PHONE IS BASED ENTIRELY ON A TOUCH SCREEN, ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY AND THE LOOK OF THE PHONE...SADLY FOR SOME OF US, QUALITY STILL MATTERS....

posted on 25 May 2008, 19:32

Dude who cares about the iphone, it is just plain stupid compared to the LG VOYAGER VX10000

posted on 11 Jan 2008, 15:37

12. PHug (unregistered)

LMAO Some guy posts "it's no iPhone" and the thread blows up. Think people why did an anonymous poster take the time to post that? I'll say he typed it to rile up the iPhone haters its so easy to do its comical. Anyway, this phone (if done right) will keep me with sprint another year or 2. My PPC 6700 is looking ancient now and all i want is a phone with GPS, a 3"+ screen, a real web browser, 3G and good battery life.

posted on 09 Jun 2008, 19:02

46. SoCalBudBabe (unregistered)

get the htc touch, or mogul, thyre both great phones. i have the touch and i freakin love it!!

posted on 11 Jan 2008, 16:20

13. Dave (unregistered)

hardware-wise, it's a great phone, if anyone is gonna compete with the iPhone's hardware, here it is. the 3G is also gonna make mobile web a much more enjoyable feature, especially since sprint's coverage is massive. however, bring back the croix UI! as an A900 user, i'm all for samsung using interfaces that it designs, or in croix's case, UIs that it co-designs with adobe. sprint doesnt force you to use their standard interface, which is good because their standard interface is nothing special, my A900 came out before sprint MIUI and im happy about that. but i seriously want to see 2 interface changes, then i'll pick this up the second my contract is done: put the back button in the middle, instead of on the left, and BRING BACK THE ADOBE UI!

posted on 12 Jan 2008, 02:02

14. Camaro (unregistered)

It's a CDMA phone... that alone will keep me from buying it. If it's not GSM, it's just a toy.

posted on 12 Jan 2008, 20:07

15. Kilroy2626 (unregistered)

This will be a EVDO REV_A phone. You can keep your molassas I-Phone. I don't wanna wait 15 minutes for cnn.com to load. This will probably be a lot less taxing on my wallet also. It will be a touch screen phone that doesn't require a second mortgage to buy.

posted on 13 Jan 2008, 16:24

16. tc1uscg (unregistered)

GSM sucks. About 1% if that needs a GSM outside the U.S. and it's crap with 1 on 1 with CDMA/Data. I'm sure the GSM fanbabies still drive Pintos.

posted on 16 Jan 2008, 13:43

17. CRAZEE_DAVE (unregistered)

HEY FOLKs, I think this phone will be good as long as the SPRINT itself tries to promote it as iPhone or any other phones. Have you guys noticed the famous phones out there, it depends on the promotions they made on TV radio, internet, etc., etc., So I have to wait for the response from SPRINT.... and then I'll comment more on this phone. Otherwise, you guys keep it down low.. LOLZ

posted on 17 Jan 2008, 01:16

i site for the Samsung M800 and all i see is att iphone. christ go on a pro att site. iphone is really nice. and a realy great wayto waste your money. its one thing that most people on the road are trying to make call's. now there making calls and playing music. yea more death thanks to apple. HTC touch is a great phone and im waiting for Samsung M800 before i make my choice. both good nice but im having a really getting use to all touch.

posted on 19 Jan 2008, 23:49

If the IPHONE is so bad ! Why do people complain it's to pricy then wait in line for 18+ hours to get one .Then it sells out in all stores in record time. WOW Just wait till IPHONE ver 2 ver3 ver4 And it's Apples first try at making a phone WOW who can compete ? NO ONE!! but they try and try

posted on 05 Feb 2008, 18:27

20. GM (unregistered)

The olny problem with the IPHONE is it opperates on the at&t network. If you need a data PDA, see Money Magazine Febuary issue. The touch beat both the IPHONE and Voyager. The Voyager cost is high and performance is poor.

posted on 14 Feb 2008, 18:30

21. Hitesh (unregistered)

M800 is going to be released on March 20 just confirmed with sprint executive. cant wait to play with it

posted on 12 May 2008, 12:04

so obviously your exec is wrong???

posted on 15 Feb 2008, 13:50

22. Innovator (unregistered)

Iphone is a cool "storage phone". It is an isolated ipod mimicing features, it's also personal preference related. If you're a corporate user strictly then you'll hate the iphone, it cannot sync, exchange activesync so sending/receivng emails live as if you're at your computer is impossible. You also cannot use it as a "phone as a modem", why would you on the 2.5G or 3G web-speed? Equivalent to high-speed dial-up "netzero". The interfacing of he iphone is unbelievable technology, but they emphasized on looks too hard and not versatility. The voice/data are behind times, making the iphone completely ipod like, if you bought the phone strictly on looks, then you got a diamond, but business wise, its a loser.

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 22:59

23. luthi-x (unregistered)

Honestly, I am excited that Sprint will be coming out with a touch screen. I am a little disappointed that it won't have 5 megapixel like it's cousin the SGH-F490. But I will not lose heart. As for all the comments comparing this to the iPhone, I say this, I've seen the iPhone and I've played with it's features and it's nothing more than a glorified iPod. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of apple products. I wouldn't dare use a windows machine out of my own free will. But when it come to cellular technology Samsung has always been a great innovator. I love my MM-A940 which is equivalent to Nokia's N90. I am excited to see what Samsung has in store for when it's time to renew my contract in June.

posted on 27 Feb 2008, 08:42

24. Tom (unregistered)

I was wondering if the M800 is definitely due out on March 20, and if there was any indication as to what its price was going to be.

posted on 27 Feb 2008, 12:59

m800 cost around 500

posted on 17 Mar 2008, 00:45

26. With 2 year Contract (unregistered)

Is that $500 price tag w/ a 2yr contract? That's bull if it is. No one will pay $500 for a mediocre iPhone look alike.

posted on 19 Mar 2008, 02:48

I think the iphone has really good features and all but its still needs work i mean come on guys theres no replaceable battery, no microsd slot, and you would think that a phone that cost so much would a least come with some 3g. The best part about that phone is its web browser. So i dont see why people are going around dissing a phone that hasnt even come out yet, and besides that i just happy to see that Sprint is stepping there game and are actually starting to get decent phones in their inventory, cause other than the HTC Touch the rest of those phones are crap

posted on 21 Mar 2008, 09:58

28. bizz (unregistered)

The comment regarding not getting a CDMA phone and buying GSM is ignorant. CDMA technology is faster and better quality vioce than GSM, the advantages to GSM are international use and SIM card plus a system which many issues have been worked out over time. GSM will have a major issue in the future as data demand increases. Ask any one with a iphone about that....

posted on 23 Mar 2008, 12:55

29. tee (unregistered)

Everything is compared to the Iphone.However you can take the battery out if it dies without sending the phone off and renting a loaner.

posted on 26 Mar 2008, 14:15

30. Eric (unregistered)

I am looking forward to the release of this baby. Speaking of release, anyone heard anything about that yet? How did all these posts turn into discussions about the iphone? Who cares about the iphone. You wouldn't even be looking at this phone unless you were on the Sprint network. The iphone isn't even available on Sprint so get over the iphone and see what comes next. I think the Samsung is going to as good if not better.

posted on 31 Mar 2008, 13:34

31. Looking Forward (unregistered)

ok ... 20th march came and gone. no phone yet ... no news of phone by sprint ... no ad campaign so far either ... are they just going to add M800 into their inventory overnight quietly? ... i doubt that ... so when is it gonna come out? ... someone at another website said 4/20. anybody know anything reliable? as for the quality / cdms/gsm issues, i know i am not switching ... for a) i like samsung products (their cell phones, their color laser printers and their big screen tv ... i love em all) and b) i am not letting go my 12 year old $85 plan (2500 anytime minutes on 3 shared lines with pcs included) :)

posted on 31 Mar 2008, 14:30

32. I need a new phone!!! (unregistered)

I have been waiting for this phone since January. According to the salesguy. They are going to bring out the new models and change the store on the evening of April 13th so should be not to long after that. He said to check back with him on the16th. Hope this helped, I know I can not wait my phone is on its last breaths.----------

posted on 04 May 2008, 11:26

33. mr spanky (unregistered)

first of all... you all have sprint any monkey can appoved with sprint... secondly the iphone is a quality product and theres a reason why people stood in line for so many hours to get it.... third of all sprint,verizon or all that other crap doesnt have 3G only at&t has the real UMTS 3G connection, and four you have sprint good luck in the future with being bought out!

posted on 04 May 2008, 19:54

34. presh. (unregistered)

i just wanna see how much it costs.

posted on 12 May 2008, 12:15

$150 SRP

posted on 05 May 2008, 13:45

The phone looks better than the iphone. If everyone wants an iphone and gets one, then who would want to get a phone that say about 1 billion other people have. I say go for an alternative

posted on 05 Jun 2008, 18:32

the iphone isnt about hardware but software

posted on 06 Jun 2008, 14:21

It is said to be comparable to the iPhone's pricetag. It comes with a 2 gig memory card that is REMOVABLE and supports up the the SDHC 8 gig card. The battery is REMOVABLE and it comes with a second one AND an external battery charger just to spite apple I'd wager. With a constant talk time of about 5.9 hours per battery, that sounds pretty nice to me. The Instinct (M800) is slightly longer than the iPhone but is a bit narrower. Despite the removable battery it is still quite slim as well. The sound quality is AMAZING from the ringtones to the call quality, it is a bar above most other phones (and yes that includes the iPhone). The internet is quite fast what with the phone being on Sprint's EVDO rev.A data network, streaming video is a bit betaish (pixelated) but that is the beauty of a upgradeable OS, I'm sure things will be better at launch. Although the camera is 2MP it still takes nice photos and video quality is slightly above average for said camera. And yes, I know all of this because I have played around with it and I think I may be getting it. Makes my Upstage look like yesterday's trash. Oh and the release is supposed to be JUNE 20, 2008. Enjoy!!

posted on 06 Jun 2008, 14:23

Ohh almost forgot nothing I've told you cannot be found onwww.nowisgood.com which just so happens to be the Instinct's personal site.

posted on 10 Jun 2008, 15:41

I have a hacked F700 and it blows the *&!& out of the iPhone. Also, why are we even comparing iPhones to anything American here? We all know that if you want a high-tech phone, go and get a hacked/unlocked phone from Korean or Japan. They have had phones with 5+ megapixel cameras that are quad-band forever in those countries. While we're busy wondering whether we can stream video on our phones here... they probably have streaming video built into toilet seats in Korea. The iPhone will always be an Apple product. A proper analogy would be comparing the iPhone to Starbucks. It's not remotely the best at what it does, but it's consistent and convenient. As a business phone the iPhone sucks. As a phone with multimedia capability, you might as well just buy a Korean phone and unlock it. It is an Apple product and therefor accessible, so if you need to get it repaired or want some tech support, there's a huge community behind it. What I LOVE about the iPhone is that Apple knows how to bring decent technology to the masses in a nice package. It's not the best at anything, I repeat, ANYTHING if you compare it to the top-of-the-line phones all over the world, but it's gotten all Americans to step up their cellular game a bit and I think that does wonders for the cell phone market in this country.

posted on 11 Oct 2008, 14:56

I wish i was rich enough to own a iphone but i think i will just stick to paying $128.00 for these two instincts every month

posted on 12 Aug 2010, 11:25

52. striplin (unregistered)

i have one an it may look not as good as the i phone but it dont freez its quick an i would rather have it that the i phone

posted on 19 Aug 2010, 15:05

53. AB (unregistered)

Guys All of you are idot. Phone is just a thing which is used for calling. You can buy mini laptop if you want to do all these stuff. I laugh when people say that we will get iphone and do many things on that. This is idiotic behaviour. Some businessman is making foool of many people and they are allowing those businessmen to make them fooooool hahahhaaaaa.

posted on 24 Aug 2011, 18:03

54. buy celexa online (unregistered)

Really great article with very interesting information. You might want to follow up to this topic!?! 2012