Note 3 vs Note 4 vs Note Edge UI comparison: what changed and what's different?
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Just some little tweaks and color changed.
They should look HTC ui. How they changed.
6. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Only home screen and and app drawer are not good....
Otherwise UI of system apps has been improved greatly compared to previous one.....
And is more on board with Kitkat.....
20. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 540; Member since: 07 May 2012)
well for one it's starting to look more mature instead of looking like a kiddies phone, it looks awful on s2,s3,s4,s5 and note 2 & 3
2. only1post (unregistered)
l hope Note 4/Edge improvement over Note 3 = Alyssa Abbott' s improvement over Frank Drebin
17. wildfiregt (Posts: 167; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
what bloat "ware" are you talking about ?
Enough of these automatic comments
22. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Bloatware is things like carrier TV and other garbage, Samsung's apps are not bloatware.
31. techloverNYC (Posts: 601; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
They maybe are not bloatware,but is it something we need?
43. a_tumiwa (Posts: 373; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
maybe optional is the best, put the icon on apps drawer and need to download it if we want to use it
4. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Note edge is UI is interesting......
I think Samsung has used the extra real estate brilliantly....
33. remtothemax (Posts: 260; Member since: 02 May 2012)
i disagree. i think there is a huge missed opportunity with things like the contacts or calendar. maybe those things will come, but if the whole point of the phone is the side screen thing, it just seems obvious
put some month/week/day/organization thing on the calendar
put the a-z tab on the contacts
put all the different kinds of settings on the side thing
they are using it in a very select few options.
even if no third party app ever uses it, if samsung embraces it, the side screen could justify its existence. i just don't understand why they aren't putting it into absolutely everything, because there are so many possible uses for it.
i am not trying to criticize samsung here. i think this departure from the standard screen rectangles every phone has been since the original iphone, basically, is tremendously exciting. i think the note edge has a very real chance of success, if not in this version, then when they release the note edge 2 or something like the galaxy edge version of the galaxy 6. however i do think that they are not going all out with this like they should. it is a kind of gimic, they need to embrace it, or it is not going to stick.
5. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 180; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Hey PhoneArena your note 3 isn't on latest firmware just a fyi
8. machello (Posts: 35; Member since: 03 May 2013)
yub, that's why I love the Iphones. No bloatware, no nonsense. Just get the job done. Period.
Have a nice weekend guys.
12. T.Law (Posts: 414; Member since: 10 May 2014)
iOS is basically just a plain, boring app launcher.
14. AlikMalix (Posts: 6050; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Yet every new App, and OS is now trying to clean up their UI just to look half as crisp and clean as iOS.
Dude the point of UI is to make it disappear, and not interfere with functionality. Be quickly adaptable, and build muscle memory thru it's consistency. Any other UI has one or 2 of these points, but only iOS got it all right.
You may count your checkboxes of useless features, while an iOS user enjoys his UI (Customer satisfaction is the proof)...
16. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
No you are mistaken, they are all cleaning up there look to have visuals similar to WP. WP was clean since 2010. Everyone else is catching up including iOS.
25. wilsong17 (unregistered)
I don't see live title stfu
41. pulkit1 (Posts: 354; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
it works , is fast and smooth just like stock android .
38. Cicero (Posts: 873; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
You can choose Easy Mode on TW and voila you now have ios interface.
10. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1038; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
There are some things that I like about the Note 4 and Note Edge, but the Note 3 is still holding its own for now
11. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
doesn't the white ui effect the battery life on amoled?..... i think it does...
19. deathgod (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Exactly what i was thinking. Plus i prefer black backgrounds expecially in the dialer and settings.
34. remtothemax (Posts: 260; Member since: 02 May 2012)
i imagine they could have a black/"night" option as well, maybe?
15. Phantom1031 (Posts: 84; Member since: 02 Aug 2014)
f**king freaking Shamesung, never want to use their products anymore, P.S I am Note 3 owner
23. Awalker (Posts: 1527; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
The S4 was my final Samsung product. Their Android skin though vastly improved is still way too much for me. And every other android flagship seems to be snappier than Samsung phones. My next phone will either be the Moto X 2014 or the Nexus 6 or perhaps both.
39. Cicero (Posts: 873; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
What's wrong with your S4? I want to know to see if it similar to me. I am very happy with mine.
26. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Good I don't want you to comment on a note 4 article