Next iPad is getting a boost in display resolution, according to latest rumors
However, the more interesting thing is that the said display panels boast the impressive resolution of 2048 by 1536 pixels and clock in at exactly 264 ppi. This actually isn't the first time we hear rumors about the iPad 2's successor getting a boost in screen resolution as a peak into the iOS 5 beta SDK revealed clues pointing at the exact same pixel count. Besides that, we know that both Samsung and LG are capable of producing displays with such pixel density, so this rumor might really be onto something.
Would you like an iPad with such a high-resolution? Share your thoughts with us by dropping a comment below!
source: Korea Times via Blogfonia
1. android_hitman posted on 19 Jul 2011, 08:30 5 1
a 3rd Ipad in less than 1 year .. good job steve but it's pocket hurting for consumers
2. PhoneLuver posted on 19 Jul 2011, 10:48 2 0
It's great, but PLEASE have an edge to edge screen or else it won't make any real difference..
3. rafael.roque posted on 19 Jul 2011, 11:52 0 0
No, I would rather have a new ipad with lower resolution. And since you're asking, can you please also downgrade CPU and RAM, lol! Of course any improvement is welcomed phonearena or was your question rhetorical?
4. andro (unregistered) posted on 19 Jul 2011, 12:10 1 1
this changes everything again again again..........not
5. twashington4 posted on 19 Jul 2011, 12:26 1 1
What they should do is replace the flea market quality front and rear cameras.
6. stealthd posted on 19 Jul 2011, 12:40 0 0
Do you want people holding up tablets at concerts trying to record the show? I don't.
8. funny thing is... (unregistered) posted on 19 Jul 2011, 14:11 0 0
seen it.. it looks absolutely ridiculous.