New Nokia RM-877 seen on AdDuplex, running on AT&T's pipeline
like the one in the Nokia 808 PureView. Another possibility is a Nokia Lumia 920 refresh which could help the current flagship model go on a diet by replacing the thick polycarbonate shell with a thinner aluminum body like the kind we will see on the Nokia Lumia 928 and the Nokia Catwalk. The only downside to that would be less protection for those times when a 24 ton truck runs over your Nokia Lumia 920. Don't you just hate when that happens?
source: @ailon via WPCentral
1. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
come on.... having 768p resolution is so passé in 2013. Windows phone OS need to support 1080 resolutions for marketing as well as screen sharpness reasons. But No one can beat the Camera of Nokia. They are the best in camera phone business
3. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Disagree, if the screen size is below Optimus G Pro/Note 2 size, I'd say 768 is more than suffice for the supposed screen size and it's not like you can distinguish the immediate difference with the human eye, you would literally need telescopic vision to tell the difference. The Lumia 920 let me tell you, has one of the best screens ever on the market. Here i was 8 months ago hating on nokia, now i'm pretty much swinging back to Nokia.
5. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I hope you know the science of visual acuity of the human eye. For persons having vision better than 1 arc minute vision (20/20 vision), your argument does not hold... I for one have .65 arc minute vision (20/13).we have more sophisticated eyes than Apple claims and it won't degrade until we hit the sixties or seventies. If you do the math I can distinguish pixels up to 460 ppi at normal viewing distance. Check out this site
7. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
oh! God fresh graduates :\ boo ooo o o oo o
16. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Billy33 is a bot, and didn't sell or buy anything...
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Good, no you are free from a closed restricted OS™
Wise smart descision, God that must of sucked being restricted™
9. Birds (Posts: 1139; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I have 20/15 vision and 300+ ppi is fine. Text isn't fuzzy on the Lumia 910, even for me. Hell, text isn't even fuzzy on my Optimus L9. I get your point but legibilty is good enough on a screen with 300+ ppi already. The issue that needs to fixed on screens are their outdoor visibility. I'm outdoors alot, and though the screen on my L9 is gorgeous...I have an issue with viewing it outdoors. The screen needs to be ultra low reflectance and be ultra bright. my screen only meets one of those criterion.
11. Liza22 (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Alan F is the windows phone the only thing you can write about???
14. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
Apparently this is also the new deifinition of anal retentive.
19. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Best screens on the market...
For sunlight legibility - yes, by far.
For black levels - its better than I expected.
For color accuracy - yes.
For viewing angles - absolutely not, it's awful compared to my 900.
All told, I still wish my 920 had an AMOLED screen.
23. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
I agree, 1080p is a weakly noticable improvement from 768p and it would do more harm than good by adding cost and energy hunger.
2. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Seems nokia is on a roll with the news lately, old glory is coming back.
4. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
unless otherwise they start to release Android handsets too... Call me windows phone hater.. But windows phones are still considered to be niche products aimed for tech nerds. Win Phone 8 is more of a transition stage OS unlike the matured Android and iOS operating systems....
Who wont like a Nokia nexus with pureview camera?
21. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Dude, I know we all hope that Nokia will release Android handsets, but we need to face it, Nokia is focusing on WP.
Android for Nokia? Maybe later....... :)
6. akki20892 (Posts: 3781; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Pureview 3 Monster is coming.......damn can't wait to see this device, and (808, and EOS) proud to be Nokia N8 Son........!!!
8. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I wonder if the 877 in the handset number means anything? As in 808 -> 877? Just asking.
12. Liza22 (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Alan F is the windows phone the only thing you can write about?? No games and no apps !!!
13. -box- (Posts: 3968; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
No, they're just sequential. The Lumia 900 is RM-808 if I recall.
20. akki20892 (Posts: 3781; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
it just random number dude.....!!! i think nokia will give name Lumia 1000 & up because it's unique one (41MP) so, i guess every unique nokia will get Lumia 1000 & up....!!!
15. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
I surprise when some people say I sell my Lumia 920 and I bought Htc one or any other phone!! why you should bought first a phone that you don't know how it works.
17. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Most of on here write they sold their Lumia 920 are probably liars - my guess is they never owned the device in the first place, and may not even own the device they claim to have replaced it with!
22. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Lumia 928 and Lumia 828? Or maybe Lumia 1000??
24. Dunknown (Posts: 84; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Nokia developed 768p screen skipping 720. Will nokia too ditch the 1080p and go for better resolution maybe 2068p (The Full HD +Motion)
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There still using last years specs on their L920 device let alone using 1080P™
Nokia users and fans will need to wait 2years for this®