Information on upcoming Verizon phones
This article contains unofficial information.
Here is a list of the new devices:
• UTStarcom Touch Diamond and UTStarcom Touch Raphael: the CDMA siblings of the Diamond the Touch Pro will not come only to Sprint; big red will also offer them, most probably under the Verizon Wireless brand name.
• Samsung SCH-U310.
And of those we’ve already heard about:
• Motorola Blaze will have a model number ZN4, and is expected to be in stores before 22nd September. ZN means it will be a multimedia phone.
• Motorola VU30 will appear earlier than the Blaze, during mid August.
• Nokia 2605 will wear the Mirage name, and is expected in stores on August 8th. The 7205 Intrigue is mentioned without a date.
• Palm Treo 800w.
• Samsung SCH-U430 for late August.
• Samsung SCH-U440 for the 8th of August.
• UTStarcom TXT8010 in August.
1. (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0 0
AHHHHHHHHH WTFFFF i JUST ordered the Dare after waiting more than year for it, only to find out DIAMOND is coming to VERIZON!!!! DAMMIT i just hope Dare was worth the wait, and will be better than the Diamond....
2. DeeBee (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 10:44 0 0
I doubt that :) sry but Diamond is WM... with amazing interface and Dare is ... just a touchscreen phone
5. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 11:10 0 0
there will ALWAYS be new and better phones coming out. So you either get one that you want now or never get one while always waiting for the next new phone.
8. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 11:40 0 0
Yeah enjoy the dare. It will not dissapoint
14. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 12:26 0 0
You can return the dare w/in 30 days of purchase can't you?
22. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 14:31 0 0
not unless you want to give verizon more money.
31. shayne (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 16:42 0 0
under the worry free guarantee, you always have 30 days from the date of activation to return your phone. no fee involved!! full refund for whatever you paid on that phone.
61. (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2008, 14:27 0 0
How about this...use the Dare for a year and then get the Touch Diamond for 2 yr pricing? Sounds like a "win-win" to me.
76. MMEERR (unregistered) posted on 03 Jul 2008, 09:23 0 0
FYI - There in now a $20 fee involved with returning or exchanging a handset (even under WFG), unless it is a warrantee issue.
82. (unregistered) posted on 09 Jul 2008, 22:08 0 0
number1 the dare was not worth the wait its crap
91. aaron Malsbury (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2008, 21:41 0 0
good point but it still sucks for the guy because the Diamond is going to be amazing... It's is going to be the closest to the iphone
97. (unregistered) posted on 01 Oct 2008, 13:24 0 0
well with the worry free you will still be charged for the data or get it now features u added to the phone... but everything else will be waived
3. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 10:54 0 0
no date on when the Touch Pro is coming out?
23. crd22 posted on 30 Jun 2008, 14:37 0 0
Raphael is similar to the Touch Pro. It's replacing the Mogul, so it's got a keyboard.
42. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 20:47 0 0
Isn't to the touch pro and raphael the exact same phone?
74. (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2008, 20:26 0 0
yea the raphael is just another name for "touch pro"
4. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 11:08 0 0
I was going to order the Dare in 2 days.But I am sooooooooooooooooo glad this information was posted. I am going to wait for the Diamond or the Touch Pro.
15. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 12:26 0 0
Don't forget the Blackberry Thunder is due out (tentatively) by the end of September.
6. Trevor Widger (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 11:24 0 0
All just copies of the iPhone... You know, they make a new iPhone every year. If you would just spend some cash on the "real thing" you wouldn't have to worry about something better coming out. There isn't a touch-screen phone out there that beats the iPhone. No, I don't currently own one. As a matter of fact I have a Voyager. Why? For the exact same reason you want the Diamond, or Dare, or Touch Pro, I want the iPhone. After using the Voyager I realized, why not just get the real thing? These other touch-screen phones are nothing but cheap knockoffs.
10. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 11:47 0 0
thouht you should know that iphone was a copy of many other touch phones that came out previous to it. apple just made a interface that was not wm, at&t, sprint, or vzw specific.....just get the phone that works best for your needs and budget....something great will always be "coming out soon"
16. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 12:28 0 0
Regardless of whether one phone copies another, the iPhone is not very business friendly. That is, there is no calender, to-do list, sync with outlook, unless the 3g iPhone will bring it in another app, I don't see much use for it in the business world.
17. Anomalies posted on 30 Jun 2008, 12:42 0 0
Trevor is honestly the msot annoying person I've ever seen post on this site. More annoying than the guy who was calling every phone an iphone: "this is a great new lg iphone dare" "this is a great new htc iphone diamond" Seriously Trevor, July 11th please cancel your VZW account and go get your 3G iPhone.
18. XxTNTxX posted on 30 Jun 2008, 13:00 0 0
@Trevor Maybe it's NOT that we want the "real thing." Maybe we want something w/ more functionality w/ the added enjoyment of a touch screen, on a more stable and reliable network. I am too an LG Voyager owner and was in a pickle b/n dropping Verizon and getting an iPhone. But after playin' w/ friends' iPhones, I've realized there are alot of things that disappoint. & CHeap knockoffs? LOL. Most touch screen phones aren't being made to stand up against the iPhone, and it's ppl like you who's fault it is for comparing to it.
20. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 13:29 0 0
I had a WM way before the iPhone came out... and guess what it was a touch screen... WOW that is amazing isn't it. How did the manage to clone the iPhone before it even came out? And about the iPhone being amazing... My friend just got one and tried it out he said it was the crapiest phone he has used. Apart from the flashy UI the phone is a peice of crap. The thing freezes on him like crazy, heats up like a mother (and trust me burning hot phone in the summer... not that exciting), and has the worst battery life I have ever seen. The phone sucks so bad that my friend is returning it and going back to his old N73 with Symbian, which is probably a better OS for a mobile phone than Apple.
29. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 16:19 0 0
Exactly why I left AT&T and iPhone for Verizon and the Dare. I would love to get the Diamond or BB Thunder, but I just need a basic touchscreen phone. The Dare so far has exceeded my expectations. And I am so happy I can send MMS and take clear videos...something my iPhone made me miss.
35. Mr_LaZy posted on 30 Jun 2008, 18:55 0 0
Lmao, I had a PalmPilot from the 1990's. It had an Amazing touch screen, games, and a calendar! I can't believe I didn't buy an iPhone in the 90s, cause like it was the first touch screen thing to ever come out and like, I should be loyal to the company who made the first touch screen interface on the planett!!!!!! >>Sarcasm
48. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 23:56 0 0
The iphone wasn't named one of the best mobile divices of the 2007 for no reason.
49. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 23:56 0 0
I mean best device (not mobile device)
52. Verizon_Jealous_of_iphone (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2008, 01:57 0 0
LOL...LMAO. It's so funny to see all the Verizon employees hating on the iphone because they can't get one. Your like a chinese store with cheap knock-offs.
55. (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2008, 08:28 0 0
might want to check your facts on that. You indeed can sync with outlook, calander and to do lit. You can either love the I Phone or hate it but you should respect it. I think someone mentioned it earlier, if VZ had the phone it would be the greatest phone in the world. I think VZ's stragity back fired. I think the first year was rough for AT&T with the profit sharing of the unit and rates with Apple and VZ didn't want anything to do with that. I didn't blame them, I thought AT&T sold their soul to the devil. Deperate or not does it matter? But now in the second year with no profit sharing going to Apple fromthe phone and the price being right it will bring people in flocks. Even if the 3G network is subpar at the moment (works great when your on it).
56. iphonefan (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2008, 09:25 0 0
you might want to check your facts. I am an iphone fan. i don't have one but it is a nice device. however, despite profit sharing with apple. first year of sales, second year of sales, it doesn't matter. the fact is, att/cingular actually netted fewer new customers after the launch of the iphone than during that same time the previous year. verizon added more new customers every quarter since the launch of the iphone verizon is adding more new customers than att and keeping more of their existing customers
57. (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2008, 10:09 0 0
For one... Verizon Employees, what? Secondly, what makes you think that we aren't able to get one? Verizon's service is more expensive and the Dare is the same price as the iPhone "3G", so I don't know what you're talking about. Finally, the Chinese store with the cheap knock offs has no relation to Verizon "Employees" hating on the iPhone. A Chinese store with cheap knockoffs does the community a favor by making clones and selling them for extremely reasonable prices because people can't afford the iPhone. I don't know what you're getting at here.
64. (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2008, 16:28 0 0
It's so funny how people take so much stuff personally. I am a VZW employee. I have friends with the iphone and I have had my fair share of devices. it's all personal opinion. Me, I wouldn't own one. Buisness functionality wise, iPhone is sub-par. Media wise its a great device. The nice thing that comes from stuff like this is there is always a company wanting to make something better. Who benefits from it. all of us. So people can hate, people can enjoy but in the end none of us really care how much of a hater you wanna be.
65. (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2008, 18:25 0 0
(Writer of comment 63) I didn't say I was a hater..., Check what comment I'm replying to. I found it offensive because he didn't know what he was talking about and he's being an ignorant idiot. Also, I found his comment about "Chinese stores" offensive, because he calls them "cheap knockoffs which they are in a sense, but they also try to implement their own ideas if possible and make it easier to get. A cheap knockoff is good when your income cannot afford luxuries.
66. (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2008, 19:18 0 0
you do realize verizon passed on the iphone dont you? PS all you Apple geeks should probably look into getting a life and not focus all your energy and life on what your almighty apple does
68. (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2008, 21:33 0 0
My bad, I meant I was the writer of comment 69 XD
72. (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2008, 13:54 0 0
I like the iphone, but I prefer windows mobile. Not everyone's jealous of it heh. My brother has an iphone, gonna trade for the 3g too, but I really like the touchflo interface and the slideout keyboard of the raphael/pro, as I didn't like the onscreen keyboards of the iphone.
75. (unregistered) posted on 02 Jul 2008, 23:09 0 0
I know... Stupid. Like when they passed up on Michael Jordan in the draft. Stupid
79. (unregistered) posted on 04 Jul 2008, 17:28 0 0
YOU need to check your facts. Prior to the launch of the iPhone Verizon was adding customers at twice the rate as att and their chrn rate was almost half of ATT's. They were on pace to pass them within 3 quarters. Then came the launch of the iPhone and while Verizon's has still beat out ATT in churn and net adds, the numbers are VERY similar. It has been a HUGE turnaround for ATT getting the iPhone. If Verizon had landed it, they would have only increased their numbers, taken lots of defections from ATT and likely would have taken the title on Nation's largest carrier several quarters ago. As it stands ATT is closing the gap every quarter in those categories, and Verizon will not catch them in the forseeable future without any buyouts/mergers with other carriers.
7. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 11:37 0 0
The touch pro is about 2'' thick. I'll stick with the diamond.
39. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 20:03 0 0
It is 6mm (little more than 1/8") thicker than the diamond... Not quite 2". And for a real keyboard I'll deal with that MASSIVE girth! It's about half the size of my Apache.
44. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 20:59 0 0
I think it's more like 8mm thicker, still worth a full qwerty.
9. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 11:43 0 0
hopefully verizon doesnt change the color of the Diamond and the Pro to white like they did to the Touch, it would jus completely ruin them two phones.
11. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 11:54 0 0
hmmm...diamond in real life is kinda white...never seen a black diamond before...VZ might make it clear to match the property of the real diamond...haha...teasing.
12. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 11:55 0 0
so blackberry touch screen????????? i'm so waiting on taht
13. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 12:25 0 0
Wow I really hope verizon releases info on this phone soon. I was planning to go on july 3rd for the dare but now that this is announced it is a really hard choice. I just emailed them asking questions such as the date and stuff. Just when I thought I would have a normal week waiting for the dare, this bullshit happens. They must be retarded to release this kind of information right before the dare goes on sale in stores.
28. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 16:09 0 0
Yeah, thats how tech rumors work... Verizon didn't "release" this information, this information got leaked. E-mail won't do you any good since none if its official. Any or all of it could change at a moments notice. As others pointed out, you'll spend your whole life waiting for a next great new phone if you don't just bite the bullet and get one at some point. By the time the VZW Diamond hits HTC will be working on a better one and those details will start to leak. Same with the BB Thunder. It will get released and either BB will already be working on a sucessor or Samsung, LG, Nokia, etc will be waiting in the wings with something even better just a few months down the road. Personally thats part of the reason I just spend the extra $50 to get the one year contract.
19. XxTNTxX posted on 30 Jun 2008, 13:04 0 0
ya i'm soo glad to hear this news too cuz daamn! for the past month, Ive been obessing about the Touch Pro but was sad cuz it wasnt out for Verizon. I was thinkin about switching carriers but didnt want to leave the great big red service. Now w/ this info, I'm content =)
21. Thomas (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 14:00 0 0
The Thunder in an interesting option but a Qwerty keyboard makes emails and texts a lot easier to compose. I just hope that Verizon doesn't mess around and do the same thing they did last fall with the Touch (i.e. change the color and then release 6 to 8 months too late); because I have bee eligible for my upgrade since last August and I am really looking forward to seeing the Raphael/Touch Pro.
24. Splmonster (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 14:59 0 0
I'm sorry Trevor but the Iphone is the most overrated phone on the market. It lacks so many basic features, yes it does have a fine OS, but still the phone does not offer much. Plus At&T is garbage....
25. Splmonster (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 15:01 0 0
Remember that Verizon is completely changing its ways with just about everything. Most of the new devices will be open-source, and and open to do anything especially Bluetooth file transfer which is already seen in the Dare and Decoy. Verizon is making the necessary changes to make them the best overall carrier. They already had the coverage, they just needed to change ways in the phones. Plus our phone lineup is the best of all the carriers.
26. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 15:37 0 0
best phone lineup is questionable but i will agree that they are taking steps in the right direction
45. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 22:04 0 0
ditto, I am interested to see what open-source phones will emerge. Also, the any device, any app deal is pretty exciting (if you're a cell phone junky like me).
53. (unregistered) posted on 01 Jul 2008, 01:59 0 0
Glad to see the change as a long time Verizon customer. Best line-up, though...come on. I'm always thinking about leaving because of the line-up
27. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 16:08 0 0
Actually Trevor the IPhone in itself is a knockoff...LG came out with the first touchscreen phone in europe called the prada
83. (unregistered) posted on 09 Jul 2008, 22:15 0 0
but that is not in america so apple was the first one in america
30. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 16:41 0 0
I going to get the htc touch pro when it comes to t-mobile. I had verizon before and it sucks compared to t-mobile. Or maybe the new iphone, I haven't decided yet. Hopefully t-mobiles 3g is fast where i live.
36. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 19:09 0 0
I don't think T-mobile offers 3g at all. By the way they are the worst carrier. Go to Att, at least they are 2nd to last worst carrier
37. sprintrep1 (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 19:44 0 0
correction sir, tmobile 3g is existent in certain parts of the us, theyre trying to expand right now
40. (unregistered) posted on 30 Jun 2008, 20:40 0 0
You should switch carriers as well.