If the 4-inch iPhone SE is legit, would you be interested?
1. kefalin (Posts: 249; Member since: 08 Feb 2015)
I had 4 inch smartphones for a long time,but now i bought 5.5 inch one and i will never go back.
50. Hypergy (Posts: 54; Member since: 24 Feb 2016)
So the Prison Grey and Caulk lines are here to stay?
5. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (limited) (Posts: 1133; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
Japanese fans will flood and queue for this I can guaranteed that. Just like they flood and queue for a $400 clamshell phone with 2GB storage and 512MB ram
43. MrHate (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
Actually almost all people in Japan use smartphones. And yes they will probably camp 1 month in front of the Apple stores for these as they are even more Apple crazy than the US is and are on average a lot smaller than the western people.
9. Mrinal (Posts: 36; Member since: 28 Feb 2016)
Yes it will, but i am not interested in iPhone.
10. IAMBLCKJ3ZUS (Posts: 291; Member since: 29 Sep 2015)
Honestly if xperia x compact came it be the only phone on the same level as the iphone fun size edition. Or a surface phone mini.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 21205; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nope, I prefer larger screen sizes. It will have a pretty big market.
13. nctx77 (Posts: 1960; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
"The younger generation" lol! How old is the guy writing this article? He talks as if its been 20 years since the 4 inch iPhone existed. It's been like a year and a half lol!
As far as this new 4 inch phone. It's basically an additional option. It's not meant to come out and everyone flock to it. It's for those people who never wanted a larger iPhone. No need for a poll.
14. mmajeski06 (Posts: 13; Member since: 02 Sep 2015)
Going to wait for the 7. Not a phablet fan, but 4" is just too small these days.
17. jellmoo (Posts: 1587; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Personally, no. I don't love gigantic devices, but 4 inches is too small for my use. That being said, I know quite a few people that still believe the iPhone 5/5S was absolutely perfect in size.
19. Cyberchum (Posts: 675; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
4-inch phone with crappy screen-to-body ratio. It'll definitely be bigger than Sony's compact series—with 0.5 inch bigger screen.
23. GreenMan (Posts: 1236; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
I believe that Korea has some sort of a hidden SUPER WEAPON which is made & designed by Samsung...
Like Prof. Charles Xavier's CEREBRO...
330 People have voted "NO"!!! Of which most are probably sMoths...!!!
Man, America should be worried!
Their people are HATING the products of their own "MOTHERLAND". And favoring KOREAN Stuff...
Obama, are you listening? You ought to be...
25. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
GreenMan you need to consult because you sound insane right now.
Do you know we dont all come from USA right?
Personally i dont care what country a product come when i buy it.
I want the best for my money and Apple just cant deliver for me on this.
End of the story.
31. tedkord (Posts: 11629; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Terrible that they're "hating" a phone that's made in China, unpatriotic fools.
Seriously, though. The poll is about the screen size.
And, I favor what I think is best. It's a global economy, like it or not, and pretty much nothing is made in America.
26. kick413 (Posts: 86; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
I dont get it. Why dont they call it the "6C"?
28. GreenMan (Posts: 1236; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
Following the trend of Nexus 5, maybe???
27. carlemillward (unregistered)
If is brings back the trend in 4 inch phones, then yes.
30. sissy246 (Posts: 994; Member since: 04 Mar 2015)
So you only buy something if it is a trend. Not for hardware and software and how it performs for your needs, dumb
46. Swordylove (Posts: 198; Member since: 27 Jun 2015)
What he/she means is, if it inspires other oems to make non-budget 4" phones again. And I agree. I like 4", but I prefer Android.
33. Micah007 (Posts: 254; Member since: 09 Oct 2014)
Not in a million years will I ever use something that tiny as a main device.
36. 0kax0el0 (Posts: 165; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Interested, yes. Interested in buying it, no. I don't like giant devices, but wouldn't go to anything below 5" again.
37. Suo.Eno (Posts: 498; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
Double the 5S' battery capacity + 2GB RAM then >maybe
38. byazatt (Posts: 269; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
4 inch? Not my thing, anything less than 5.5 inch to me now feels miniscule.
41. catt4u (Posts: 144; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
If this was 2010 it would have made an awesome device.
But since it's 2016 the whole concept is dated;
Screen size, IPS (marketing name Retina)screen with low pixel density (think VR), small battery, too little memory in basic version, NFC?
42. sebstin (Posts: 114; Member since: 03 Dec 2015)
4.3"-4.5" phones with good STB ratio would be perfect.. 8-13MP camera OIS, 2GB RAM, 16-32GB with micro SD card, NFC, 720p display, 2500mAh battery . Thats all I want to see.. :)
1080P display is fine too however 4.5" doesnt make much difference and it drains battery..
Galaxy J2 has < 720P display but looks very nice..
45. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 2934; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
Too smal screen and would most definitely have inferior specs compared to the competition of equivalent price being an apple product, so no point spending the same cash for less.
48. Af1rPA (Posts: 688; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
Carriers now offer mobile data on the cheap now. More data means more online videos to watch. Who the hell wants to watch videos on a 4 inch screen.
51. Coconut00 (Posts: 479; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
I wouldn't but I now A LOT of people who would.
52. joevsyou (Posts: 805; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
4.7 is too small to and 5.5 is just a tad too big.
it need bumped up to 5-5.2
Also quit being dicks and putting features into the 5.5 and not the normal one
53. jeroome86 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Sure a lot of people would love this size. For me nothing smaller then 5.5 screen. My eyes not what they use to be.
55. grbrao (Posts: 287; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
i care less about design and cam, but it has same specs as 6s with 3000mAh battery, i will buy it for sure... Hope they wont make it skinny as ipod and say it a innovation...
56. srgonu (Posts: 251; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Don't want to see half bezel and half screen
57. techietech (Posts: 29; Member since: 24 Jan 2016)
I've embraced the size of iPhone 6 and I guess 4.7in is really the perfect size for the phone
58. HTC_ONE_MAX (Posts: 150; Member since: 06 Feb 2015)
if the phone is wide enough same ratio like 4S, i might consider...