Foxconn insider leaks photos allegedly showing the Apple iPhone 6
Earlier this year, there was speculation that Apple would use design cues from the Apple iPad Air for its next handset. There was even some talk that the model would be called the Apple iPhone Air and have a thickness of under 6mm. As a comparison, the Apple iPhone 5s is 7.6mm thick. Also, note that the corners of the device in the photograph are a little more curvy than the iPhone 5s, and there are white lines on the back that could mark a new placement of the antenna to the back of the device. While it is too hard to see clearly, it would appear that there are changes to the true tone flash on the back of the phone. Either it has been reconfigured, or replaced.
Also, on the back of the phone, on the bottom right, you can make out a sensor. Considering that Apple has been rumored to be working on some new health care features in iOS 8, including the rumored Healthbook, this could be a sensor that measures a user's heart rate, or some other important health metric. There is talk that the rumored Apple iWatch will take some health-related readings using built in sensors, and send the information to the Healthbook where it can be recorded and passed along to the appropriate doctors. It is possible that some of these sensors will also be available on the next-gen iPhone.
Once again, we need to bring up the possibility that these are not legitimate pictures. It is okay to be cynical and to take stories like this with a grain of salt, especially with a high profile device like the iPhone. We also have to consider that if legit, it could be an earlier design that has been passed on by Apple. But don't worry, this is just the beginning of what will no doubt be a long stretch of iPhone 6 related leaks that will keep coming until Apple unveils the device later this year.
source: Weibo via GforGames, SlashGear
1. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 154; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
To be honest, I prefer iPhone 5/s design ovee tj is design any day.
14. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
This is probably an iPhone 5 prototype or a complete fake. The white HTC One plastic-like lines look like indication marks for the glass components you can find on the back of the iPhone 5 and 5s. Furthermore, the device does not feature true tone flash and the ratio of the device does not really match up with a 4,7 inch screen.
20. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 154; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Precisely! I think this might have been iPhone 5c prototype or next generation iPod touch
23. Finalflash (Posts: 2095; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Nope, this is the next iPhone if I ever saw one. They previously said they were looking at the 5c and iPod touch as an example of what to do next with the iPhone line. Also, this standardizes the look for all their devices which is in line with their plan to have one uniform look across the board. This is probably 100% what the next iPhone will look like. They even have the ceramic top and bottom areas needed for making the whole thing cellular capable.
56. mrblah (Posts: 555; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
finalflash, this ones finalflash isn't the pill shaped one, they would't go backwards...
33. nctx77 (Posts: 952; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
A next gen iPod touch with iPhone on the back? Lol!
28. WilliamC937 (Posts: 17; Member since: 07 Sep 2013)
Or maybe they think the TrueTone flash is bring not too much effect on photography... Tried better smartphone can actually adjust the white balance to suit with the flash while TrueTone just directly change the white balance of environment......
45. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2178; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It looks like htc m8 corners and the plastic lines almost look like the Front of the htc one
29. akki20892 (Posts: 3775; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
48. express77 (unregistered)
4. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1791; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
HTC One and the newer iPhone do look very similar in a way.
15. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
More like the 5C with aluminum back but larger.
3. androiphone20 (Posts: 1629; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Potruding camera? Much like the ipod touch I guess. Apple rumor season is now official.
17. sipha (Posts: 398; Member since: 12 May 2012)
What realy troubles me is why they would choose more thinness over battery! O.o
24. Finalflash (Posts: 2095; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Because battery would cost them money, making it thinner does not.They know that their army of iFans will defend anything to the last breath no matter how useless it is, so why actually give them something useful? Also, they do not like giving numbers to their products so likely this will help them call it "iPhone Air" while looking less idiotic than usual and getting rid of the number problem forever.
38. lyndon420 (Posts: 2696; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Width isn't their thing...they like it long-er.
22. magnanimus (Posts: 389; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I wouldn't say I believe this. Com'on the Apple I know won't release a 5.5 phone just yet. If they do that goes against all the principles they set down.
25. Finalflash (Posts: 2095; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Welcome to modern day Apple, no principles, no morals.
53. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 2171; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
You mean when Jobs was their? Because that was the problem. Jobs is gone now. I don't see Apple making a 5.5" phone just yet either. They could. Eventually. AFter all, I don;t see to many phones goign beyonf 5.5. Thans to Ssmsung making almost every possible phone size, 5.5" appears to be the maximum for typicla usage. Anythign larger is a tablet. Even Samsung's own 6" phone is basically a tablet.
So Apple going 5.5 would make them mainstream, which was set by Samsung. Apple is still copying. Even if they go 4.7", its copying. But the fans wont say it.
5. greathero1 (Posts: 539; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Looks like they are using the rear design of the iPod touch which isn't bad in my book. There was another rendering of a glass back design which really was nice. Either way, if they enlarge the screen then I will give it a try and see if I like it if everything else pans out to be nice.
6. androiphone20 (Posts: 1629; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Those sketches look just like the concept from NWE.
12. bucky (Posts: 1899; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Apple has been using that metallic look on their MacBooks for a while so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes like this
54. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 2171; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
iPhone One by HTC - Quietly Copying.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Why did you comment three times? They all could have been under one post. Just saying.
40. lyndon420 (Posts: 2696; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Ahhh yes...but he stands a better chance at getting a thread started the way he did it :-)
41. lyndon420 (Posts: 2696; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
...and you get more presence within the comment section.
42. lyndon420 (Posts: 2696; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
More specific answers can be addressed to each question this way as well right?
30. Finalflash (Posts: 2095; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
They could have combined it into a single LED, it doesn't have to have two different LEDs to pull that effect off. For that matter, two colors mixing unevenly based on reflection is the dumbest way to do that effect. Rather you have one LED that has a larger range of color and that LED decides what color light to deliver (more evenly).
13. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
Damn that remind me of the m7 glacial silver lol.
34. nctx77 (Posts: 952; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Sides and front looks vastly different though. It's going to be one of those situations where it will look way different once you see the entire phone. Also in person.
26. ecmedic4 (Posts: 240; Member since: 02 May 2013)
That place on the bottom right that they are saying is a sensor does not look like a sensor to me, kinda looks like a nick in the metal, it doesn't look large enough to be a sensor or even in a uniform shape.
36. nctx77 (Posts: 952; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
It could be a rear mic. I clearly see a mouse pointer pointing at it. It's also called out in the render on the screen as something.
27. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Many chinese factory workers were beaten today... to bring us this information
31. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
seriously, I am sure some were punished for the leak...
32. nctx77 (Posts: 952; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
This looks legit. The white strips on the back need to be there for cellular reception. You can't make a solid metal phone. It would have horrible reception. The white strips also probably tie in with the white front. If the front of this thing has the beveled edges, Touch ID like the 5s, round edges with an edge to edge screen, this thing would look amazing! The black/space gray version will probably have black strips. All you need to do is look at the render that came out earlier today. The only difference is the strips going all the way across the back.
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 14714; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Cmon sept, I want mine. She wants hers, he wants his.
37. RaulBlas (Posts: 23; Member since: 31 Mar 2014)
I Think this may be the real thing. Is the same design language of the ipad mini and the ipad air.
43. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Someone will be spinning like a rotisserie if this the real thing.
Even some poor guy.
47. Aakash96 (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Sep 2013)
It looks like they are still using Windows XP.
49. mujahidyousaf (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
Foxconn Insider using Windows XP & Office 2003 !!! Seriously???
55. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 2171; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
its china...the biggest theives of Windows XP. What do you expect?!
50. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 2171; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Look, Apple stole HTC One style and look for the next iPhone. Sue them HTC. OH WAIT! They can't because they signed a cross-licensing deal, which means APple gets to use their stuff and vice-versa.
Look at the corners. The curve is at nearly the same radius as it is on the HTC One (M8). Hiding in plane site, are we Apple?
57. tincongnghe (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Apr 2014)
iPhone 6 launch April 1 is true??