Archos G9 tablets getting Android 4.0 OTA starting today
1. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
no one has these tablets, and they are one of the first to get the update? that makes no sence.
9. DIYguy (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Feb 2011)
I was actually thinking of buying one... though just to play with it and install Bodhi linux on it
2. imkyle (Posts: 1048; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
They are nice tablets specs wise, but the cheap screen needs to be fixed.
4. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yeah, they even have the guts to produce a 250GB droid...... with a resistive screen.eeeeewwww.
3. phones522 (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
i thought about getting one awhile ago they have good specs and a cheap price also it can have up to 250GB
5. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I strongly urge you not go for it. Yes it's pretty cheap, but the android experience is totally different on a resistive screen. Totally sucks big time.
But if you're after the 250GB thing then go. But I'd rather buy a 1 terrabite external drive for around a quarter of the cost.
7. greathero1 (Posts: 544; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
actually I own a G9 and the experience has been pretty good. I have the 80 series and it performs just as well as the Galaxy Tab 7.0
6. theBankRobber (Posts: 651; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Also reported is the galaxy S II is getting ICS on March 10th. Though not in the US but it looks to be more forward pushing for the update.
8. greathero1 (Posts: 544; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Well, I just installed the update and everything seems good so far.
10. BattleBrat (Posts: 1266; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
FYI, these tablets have CAPACITIVE screens not resistive. retard.