Amazon Fire Phone: price and release date
26. medicci37 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Bad carrier as well. Considering the restrictive os in which you have to buy everything from Amazon $199 with a 2 year contract is ridiculous
2. fanboysrdumb (Posts: 44; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Never paid and never will pay for a phone more then 300$ to 400$ max regardless of specs and innovation this phone no doubt is different and better then it's competitors in terms of bringing something different to the table.
6. Manti123 (banned) (Posts: 207; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Same Motorola's mistake .. They priced Moto X much more than expected and then kept cutting the price and made promotions.
Bad move Amazon
5. Mass88 (Posts: 50; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Ugh, why is Amazon making this an At&t exclusive? That kills it for me.
17. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 225; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
The iJUNK 5S is going for about $730 ( not sale price) and has INFERIOR specs to this phone. No, this FIRE phone ( even though it has a 720 screen) is BETTER than the iJUNK 5(a,b,c,e,f,g...s...etc.)
18. Heatfan316 (Posts: 503; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
You don't need to explain anything to that moron fanboy.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9801; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Fanboy? For stating that this phone is expensive? Geez, you trolls are hungry today.
22. Heatfan316 (Posts: 503; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Just go away troll you're annoying and a hater.
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9801; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Devices in the past year: G2, M8, S5, Note 3, iPad Mini 2, Nexus 7, Galaxy S Blaze 4G, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Light, MacBook Pro.
Yeah, I'm definitely a hater.
27. rigorkrad (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Jun 2014)
The iPhone 5c and 5s has a world lte radio. Meaning it can connect to 13 different wireless Carriers without having to use slower speeds ( GPRS, edge, 3G) No other phone on the market has 13 channels. The fire phone has 9 channels, but it's an AT&T exclusive, so those extra channels are not used. The average android phone has 4 channels. The iPhone 5 2 years ago had 4 channels. So therefor those iPhone 5c specs are superior to every other phone on the market. The other companies , they bury that information. You have to really dig around to find out what channels a device operates on. Case in point the amazon fire HDX.when the iPad Air came out, all those channels were revolutionary. When the iPhone 5c came out most people thought it had the same radio as the 5, and that is not true.
8. xtroid2k (Posts: 508; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
I hate ATT. Will wait till the exclusivity is over. Ill wait for a full breakdown a d a trip to the store before i judge the phone ots self. Why such a high price Amazon?
10. bradley8795 (Posts: 52; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
Too expensive - Strike 1 AT&T exclusive - Strike 2 No better than an iPhone or GS5 - Strike 3.
I really expected more from you amazon. I expected this phone to be $299 off contract. I expected this phone to be sold unlocked through Amazon. I didn't expect it to be available on Verizon, but seriously this is just bad business. Amazon fire phone = HTC First (Facebook phone), I doubt it will make it until September before it is free on contract and the off contract price is $399 or better. That is what it is going to take to sell this phone.
11. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Don't care about all the cameras and parallax crap. Not looking to get a 720p screen phone and will not lock myself down on a contract with AT&T.
This will be 2014's HTC First.
12. fzacek (Posts: 2465; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I'm not paying that much money for a phone with a 720p display and a completely new phone UI. They made the same mistake as Motorola with the Moto X...
15. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 225; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Exactly. And sadly, MOTOROLA doesn't even have ANY phones right now in the market with a 1080 x 1920 display...And MOTOROLA was once the Leader of the Pack of Cell phone companies... Sad.
13. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 225; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
IF only: 1) It were NOT an AT&T exclusive ; 2) It had a 1080 x 1920 screen; 3) Cheaper OFF-CONTRACT...
This should be OFF-CONTRACT for $299/16GB & $349/32GB...
Because according to the specs sheet: It has BOTH LTE band 4 & band 17; which means you can get 4G LTE on BOTH AT&T and T-MOBILE ( unlocked)...
Well, looking at the tsunami wave of E-Bay sellers on release day...
16. meanestgenius (Posts: 5034; Member since: 28 May 2014)
The pricing is a bad idea. This $199 / $299 price should definitely have been the off contract price. Hopefully, the price will drop soon on Amazon's website, or they will make it available to buy on places like HSN or QVC so as to take advantage of their "flexpay".
AT&T exclusivity is also a bad idea.
21. Natez (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
Did they say it would be sold unlocked or just with out a contact but still locked to AT&T?
23. corporateJP (Posts: 2340; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Locked on contract to AT&T for the $199/$299 price, unlocked and off contract for the higher $600-$700 pricing.
24. corporateJP (Posts: 2340; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Nice phone, but not at those prices and no more contracts here...