65" Android 'tablet' looks to evolve the simple white board (video)
1. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
They already have something better, its called a smartboard
3. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2700; Member since: 26 May 2011)
woops, mentioned that in the article description, but forgot to put it in the article itself.
2. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 272; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
not really revolutionary, my school has smartboards, although it is projected from a projector, but it would be cool i guess
4. razblack (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
uh, that is silly... really, just a docked tablet.. with a area sensor on the tele for remote control on the real tablet.. jeez... >.
5. mukrenol (Posts: 90; Member since: 03 Sep 2011)
my phone with hdmi can link to a bigger screen tv with hdmi
and works relatively the same but just touching and operating on a smaller device but show it on a bigger device =D
6. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
thats cool and all but other than standing in front of the board to look like your doing something... how is that any better than say using a drawing app on a tablet that is HDMI mirrored to a big TV?
And since im thinking about it.. how is that better than a regular white board when you factor in expense, rare earth materials used in its production, ect? First i've heard of all this so I gots questions! :) My school is old school... white boards n projectors.. lol. of course, we do have some pretty cool interactive android (not the OS) patients.
7. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
The TV is flicking doesnt look clear. Their probably controling it from somewhere.
9. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
I think that's just the frame rate of the video recorder not syncing with the refresh rate of the 65" display (which is probably 60Hz).
8. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Think of the multi-appendage gestures you could do on that monster screen!!