Tech demo shows some 3D-like goodness on your iPad 2 and iPhone 4
Called Head-Coupled Perspective by its creators, it uses head-tracker that changes the perspective according to your head's position, thus giving the items on the screen a very credible 3D look.
This is not something revolutionary, as Nintendo has been working on similar technologies for years, but it's still a nice thing to see on a smartphone, especially when we take into account that the things that make it all work are a front-facing camera and some software touches.
Take a look at the videos below to see this goodness for yourself, but don't expect it to be available just yet - it's a tech demo and it's unknown if/when we will see something like that on our iPhone 4 or iPad 2.
source: Engineering Human-Computer Interaction via TUAW
- Display 3.5" 640 x 960 pixels
- Camera 5 MP / 0.3 MP VGA front
- Processor Apple A4, Single core, 1000 MHz
- Storage 32 GB
- Battery 1420 mAh(7.00h 3G talk time)
Posts: 351; Member since: Apr 06, 2011
posted on Apr 12, 2011, 9:44 AM 2
Posts: 14605; Member since: Dec 19, 2008
posted on Apr 12, 2011, 11:07 AM 1
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):