Sprint Instinct web-conference recap
1. The whole Instinct project was started a year ago and the whole device and user interface were built from the ground up.
2. The 3.1” screen on the Instinct is slightly smaller compared to the 3.5” on the iPhone and uses resistive (press-sensitive) and not capacitative (electricity sensitive) technology. Even though the samples we played with during the CTIA were prototypes, the screen was very responsive.
3. For access to Outlook information, the device supports OWA.
4. The battery capacity is 1100 mAh, which provides about 5 hours of talk time. For comparison, the average talk time in our phone database is 7 hours.
5. Android based devices to be expected in Q4
6. The interface and the device are exclusive to Sprint. There will be more devices with similar/customized interface in future
7. Instinct requires activation on a Sprint Everything unlimited data at $69.99 per month
Exact price or date available were not announced, but we expect to see it hit the shelves around June 20th.