Screenshot shows Verizon shared data plans are on the way
Of course we aren’t under any illusion – we don’t expect any of the networks to significantly reduce our monthly bills, but at least it seems that Verizon will provide the means for an average family to figure out whether a shared data plan will be right for them. Also, the major networks may be willing to provide mildly discounted monthly data rates to families if it can accomplish two goals that are important to the networks:
1) Sell more hardware (like LTE iPads) that they could make some additional profit on to offset the monthly bill reduction, as well as increase use of services they offer (e.g. V CAST).
2) Move more people off of the legacy unlimited data plans onto tiered pricing (like the shared data plans will be). Unlimited customers can be capped at times, but the carriers have no real way to increase the pricing on unlimited customers, so a near-term discount in some monthly bills might be an investment in getting more people to a pricing structure that is easier to increase revenue from.
Alas, no prices are tipped, but the screen shot does confirm that Verizon is at a fairly advanced stage of development. At this point there may be little left to wait for except proper employee training, and whatever timing Verizon (or AT&T) feel is appropriate to introduce the new price plans.
Hopefully we won’t have long to wait.
source: Thanks anonymous!
Posts: 5713; Member since: Oct 23, 2011
posted on Mar 19, 2012, 8:40 PM 2
Posts: 459; Member since: Oct 13, 2009
posted on Mar 19, 2012, 8:45 PM 4
Posts: 1869; Member since: Feb 04, 2011
posted on Mar 19, 2012, 9:12 PM 3
Posts: 203; Member since: Feb 09, 2010
posted on Mar 19, 2012, 9:35 PM 2
Posts: 518; Member since: Dec 20, 2009
posted on Mar 20, 2012, 8:06 AM 0
Posts: 678; Member since: Jul 20, 2010
posted on Mar 19, 2012, 11:55 PM 0
Posts: 2; Member since: Mar 20, 2012
posted on Mar 20, 2012, 12:55 AM 1
Posts: 3; Member since: Dec 07, 2011
posted on Mar 20, 2012, 1:46 AM 0
Posts: 36; Member since: Dec 22, 2011
posted on Mar 20, 2012, 12:22 PM 3
Posts: 75; Member since: Mar 10, 2012
posted on Mar 20, 2012, 12:31 PM 1
Posts: 1; Member since: Mar 21, 2012
posted on Mar 21, 2012, 12:17 PM 0
Posts: 22; Member since: Nov 27, 2011
posted on Mar 21, 2012, 1:03 PM 0
Posts: 9; Member since: Mar 27, 2012
posted on Mar 27, 2012, 1:09 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):