1. Roughly drafted's explanation of the reasons behing the iPhone's connectivity woes - iPhones without the latest 2.0.2 firmware have faulty "power control" algorithms which result in network overload. Further explanation here.
2. Apple confirms that a security flaw which allows use of an iPhone even when the device is password-locked will be updated in September's 2.1 patch.
3. More photos are found on "new" iPhones. The last time we saw photos of an iPhone factory apparently taken by mistake, this time we have photos of a girl who is a Foxconn employee (and who is not enjoying the attention).
4. iPhone data plans are getting better - Canada's largest carrier. Rogers, announced that it willextend it's CAD 30-a-month data plan which allows 6 GB ofdata a month, until the end of September instead of allowing the offerto expire. Singapore's Singtel, after announcing ratheranemic data plans now allows iPhone subscribers to add 50 GBof data a month (download 1 Mbps/ upload 384 kbps) for just SGD 11.21(approx. USD 8). This plan became available in-store upon requeststarting from 28 August, although Singtel's iPhone page has not been updated to reflect this option.
5. Rumor: Steve Jobs emailed a Gizmodo reader saying that Apple is negotiating with AT&T to add a tethering option for the iPhone.
posted on Oct 20, 2010, 1:42 AM 0
posted on Sep 02, 2008, 3:35 PM 0
posted on Sep 02, 2008, 2:38 PM 0
posted on Sep 02, 2008, 3:12 PM 0
Posts: 61; Member since: Jun 08, 2008
posted on Sep 02, 2008, 5:51 PM 0
posted on Sep 03, 2008, 7:09 PM 0
posted on Sep 03, 2008, 1:46 AM 0
posted on Sep 03, 2008, 2:14 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):