Continuing in the footsteps of previous Lumia 500-series smartphones, the just-announced Microsoft Lumia 550 is the company's newest addition to the super-affordable line. Slated for a December launch, the Lumia 550 will cost $139 and bring Windows 10 for Mobile to the masses.
On the inside, as can be expected, the Lumia 550 is a conservative, entry-level solution that is aimed at first time smartphone users and people on a budget. Microsoft actually spent less than 10 seconds on the phone, and official pages are not available yet, so the best we can do is go on a leaked slide that provides a quick rundown of the specs. Here's what it reads:
- 4.7-inch, 720 x 1280 pixel resolution screen (315 ppi)
- A 1.1GHz, quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor with LTE
- 1GB of RAM, 8GB of built-in storage, optional storage expansion through microSD
- 5-megapixel main camera with LED flash, 2-megapixel selfie snapper
- 2,100 mAh juicer with quick charging support
- Windows 10 for Mobile
- 136.1 x 67.8 x 9.9 mm
In short, an all-around respectable specs sheet, specifically considering the $139 outright price tag, and a chance for the masses to get a taste of Windows 10 for Mobile on an exceedingly affordable device.